ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(Spain) Processing time for Spanish “Golden Visa”

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

australiandingo
Newly Registered
Australia

(Spain) Processing time for Spanish “Golden Visa”

Post by australiandingo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 am

Hello.

I’m an Australian planning to buy property in Spain and apply for a “Golden Visa” which is their investment class visa.

I have spoken to two different Spanish Immirgation lawyers and they are both telling me different things.

One says processing time for the “golden visa” is 20 days, the other is adamant due to serious backlogs the processing time is 2 years presently.

Both have reassured me they are correct.

Any thoughts?

As I believe I can’t live in Spain during the processing time if it’s 2 years this is not an option for me, and if a buy a house then learn she is correct and it is actually a 2 year wait outside the country this would be catastrophic for me.

Thanks in advance!

Casa

Re: (Spain) Processing time for Spanish “Golden Visa”

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:37 am

Are you sure the legal advisor mentioned 2 years delay? Most recent reports state 2 months due to staff shortages.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

australiandingo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by australiandingo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:37 am
Are you sure the legal advisor mentioned 2 years delay? Most recent reports state 2 months due to staff shortages.
Hello and thanks for the reply.

Yes she said twice in seperate emails two years and explained that although the legislation says they take 3 months they’re currently taking 2 years.. but as I mentioned another respectable lawyer I met with from a large law firm in Barcelona says they can get it approved in 20 days.

Don’t know who to believe, she would have no reason to say 2 years because she would just be taking herself out of a fee so I have to lean towards believing her.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:13 pm

If you search on Google for 'delays with gold ticket visa Spain' you will see that other legal advisors are suggesting 2 months. This is from recent information.

You could perhaps ask the solicitor who has advised a 2 year delay if she has any examples of this. However, to be honest, I know from past experience that the wheels turn incredibly slowly within Spanish authorities.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.