ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET O Ancestry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

littlesparky09
Newly Registered
Australia

ILR SET O Ancestry

Post by littlesparky09 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi,

Am hoping someone can help with my query. On searching the boards so far I haven't been able to find anyone with the same issue.

For the documents I have to provide, it asks for 'Evidence of XXX immigration status in the UK'. On looking at the forum, the answer to this query seems to be 'your BRP'. My husband and I don't have these as they were not required when we got our ancestry visas. Would our ancestry visas in our passports suffice for this evidence? I have looked on the gov website whether we should be applying for BRP but it says no, as we would do that as part of the ILR application process. I hope someone can please help with this query?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET O Ancestry

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:11 pm

It is your 5 year visa in your passport. That's all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

littlesparky09
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: ILR SET O Ancestry

Post by littlesparky09 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Thanks for that - much appreciated!