ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jacqui309

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Jacqui309 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:30 am

Of those of you who have been asked from additional information how long has it taken from that to being added to the register? I am just wondering if you go back to the beginning of the queue or what. As mine was all accepted and passed on to a senior person in December I thought I would have heard something by now. In total it is now 16 months.

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Sulla wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:45 am
Congratulations to Ian, Kathy and Liam on their recent progress. I'm sure your certificates will be with you shortly. I know all of you have been waiting over a year and it has been very frustrating at times. At least now it is almost over.

When you actually receive the FBR certificates, please let us know what the actual dates of addition to the register were. Thanks.
Thanks Sulla, and thanks very much for all the work and care you put into this board. It has been such a great feeling of being together in what could have been a very long, lonely wait.
I'll post once I hear more, or receive my docs in the mail.

Kathy

Wims
Newly Registered

Post by Wims » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:35 pm

I too have just received the email from the DFA confirming address so, fingers crossed, my kids will have their FBR certificates in the not too distant future. Their applications were received 24/9/18, so coming up to 12 months.

mozza75
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mozza75 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi Wims

My kids applications were received 25/9/18 in London, but foolishly I sent them separately and one received an email on the 25/9/18 and the other email came in January 2019 !!!! (although I emailed them shortly after I'd received the first confirmation and they confirmed both were received on 25/9).

I've not seen any emails, but hopefully soon. Can I ask what the email ends with? Is there dfa in it as my inbox gets so much junk that I need to know what to search for if it's likely that I might get at least one confirmatory email soon, I just don't want it to get lost in my junk mail.

If anyone else who has received THE email could you just confirm that it says dfa so that I can search for it.

Thanks loads

Moz

Wims
Newly Registered

Post by Wims » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:48 am

Hi Mozza, the email address was fbrclarification@dfa.ie

I’ve been checking my junk mail religiously in fear of missing something but this one went straight to the inbox. Fingers crossed you’ll be hearing from them soon

Bettertogether
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Bettertogether » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello,

Regarding the address confirmation, I would like to put the address of my office. Would I be able to do that or do I gave to show proof of address?

My home address has changed since I submitted by papers so long ago. Now, I have a front door with a mail slot, but often my flatmates step on the mail before seeing it. I'd rather like to be sure assured the mail will be safe and dry, that's the reason why I'd rather it be sent to the office.

Does anyone know what kind of addresses could be used? Do they have to be residential?

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Bettertogether wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Hello,

Regarding the address confirmation, I would like to put the address of my office. Would I be able to do that or do I gave to show proof of address?

My home address has changed since I submitted by papers so long ago. Now, I have a front door with a mail slot, but often my flatmates step on the mail before seeing it. I'd rather like to be sure assured the mail will be safe and dry, that's the reason why I'd rather it be sent to the office.

Does anyone know what kind of addresses could be used? Do they have to be residential?
I think they have to be residential. I need to send some updated photos but they have also asked me to confirm my address. If it's changed, they'd want new proofs of address documents as well.

Bettertogether
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Bettertogether » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Do you believe they would accept address proofs via email or it will need to be posted to Ireland?

I should call them, I think.

The new address of my apartment was updated over the phone, but I'm sure that address confirmation email will come through.

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Bettertogether wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Do you believe they would accept address proofs via email or it will need to be posted to Ireland?

I should call them, I think.

The new address of my apartment was updated over the phone, but I'm sure that address confirmation email will come through.
I'd call them but I'm sure they'll want them posted. From their point of view, it's much easier to fake an email. Hope you get a solution.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Bettertogether wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Hello,

You can use any address that you want. It could be your home, office or even another person's place. For any of them you will need 3 x proof of your presence there. If you can muster 3 bills or bank statements that have been sent to your office in your name then it will not be an issue. I applied for my own FBR using the address of one of my rental properties in China. I never lived there, but all the utilities are in my name as that is common practice in China. My tenant there forwarded all the stuff on to me.

The embassy wanted physical proofs of address printed on paper. I was told PDF format was not accepted though I am not sure if it might be for an address update.

Rick81
Newly Registered

Post by Rick81 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:02 am

Hello All

I would like my details added if it helps.

02/08/18 Applied and paid online

10/08/18 Documents signed for in London

21/12/18 Email saying documents received.

Not heard a thing since that email, I rang once in July 2019 and the guy said it takes about a year but I don't know if that's from the received email or when I appled 13 months ago. Pretty hacked off with the total lack of communication and right now I haven't got a clue what's going on or how long it will be, I 'm not ringing again because I figure that just wastes their time when they could be doing other things.

mozza75
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mozza75 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:46 am

Thanks Wims, much appreciated, hope your certs arrive soon in the post. I'll keep checking my inbox.
Wims wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:48 am
Hi Mozza, the email address was fbrclarification@dfa.ie

I’ve been checking my junk mail religiously in fear of missing something but this one went straight to the inbox. Fingers crossed you’ll be hearing from them soon

maddeningbike
Newly Registered

Post by maddeningbike » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Sulla wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:14 pm
You waited basically the full year. That seems to be the norm right now. I have you down on the list as having applied on August 30th 2018. Was it actually the 31st?
My mistake, it was the 31st. Sorry about that.

I sent my passport application off today. Hopefully won't be too long until I hear back.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 pm

kmosfet wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:12 pm
On the passport guide it asks for another 4 photos to be taken, certified by proper person..ect. Basically a lot of the steps I already did for the Foreign Birth registration. Is it necessary to redo everything or does the FBR supersede these requirements?
Passport photos are supposed to have been taken within the last six months. So if FBR applications are taking 6-12 months or more to process, it is likely the photos you submitted with that application will be too old when you get them back.

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:55 pm

PasadenaTom wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 pm
kmosfet wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:12 pm
On the passport guide it asks for another 4 photos to be taken, certified by proper person..ect. Basically a lot of the steps I already did for the Foreign Birth registration. Is it necessary to redo everything or does the FBR supersede these requirements?
Passport photos are supposed to have been taken within the last six months. So if FBR applications are taking 6-12 months or more to process, it is likely the photos you submitted with that application will be too old when you get them back.
The embassy wouldn't give me back the photo's because they were out of date so I have had to get new ones done.

:?: Question about passport witness.

Has anyone got a pharmacist to witness the application/photos?

It says on the website that they are someone who can do this (at their discretion) and am I right in that they don't have to know you just be satisfied that it is you?

I am still struggling to find someone to witness the application and really don't want to have to go to notary public if I can go to a local pharmacist and get them to do (for a fee I guess but notary will charge anyway so this isn't something that would be a problem)

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 pm

For some reason can't edit post.

Just noticed that although a pharmacist is listed on the website as a witness for the application outside of Ireland, they are not listed on the actual form so does that then mean that they can't be used as a witness?

DouggieB'
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DouggieB' » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:57 am

Hello everyone

Hope this goes in the right place.

I have been creeping about this FBR forum for quite sometime and have found the information so handy, thanks to all who help to maintain it.

I took the plunge and applied for citizenship through decent (Grandmother) on June 16th 2019, my application was received June 27th 2019 with a lead time of 6 months.

I have phoned them today, just out of curiosity to see if there was any update, not good news; the gentleman I spoke to said all applications received from January 2019 have had a 6+ months delay added, so a year for almost all applications. I shouldn't expect to hear anything until June 2020.

Sad times.

I do wonder if that is just a blanket statement they've been issued with but was very deflating to hear.

Thanks guys.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07 pm

DouggieB' wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:57 am
Hello everyone

I have been creeping about this FBR forum for quite sometime and have found the information so handy, thanks to all who help to maintain it.

I took the plunge and applied for citizenship through decent (Grandmother) on June 16th 2019, my application was received June 27th 2019 with a lead time of 6 months.

I have phoned them today, just out of curiosity to see if there was any update, not good news; the gentleman I spoke to said all applications received from January 2019 have had a 6+ months delay added, so a year for almost all applications. I shouldn't expect to hear anything until June 2020.

Sad times.

I do wonder if that is just a blanket statement they've been issued with but was very deflating to hear.

Thanks guys.
Yep---processing time is now one year (and longer for some people). Looks like we share the exact same date June 27,2019 when they acknowledged receipt of our applications. I sent mine to Dublin from NYC. My only hope for it to be a shorter processing time is that maybe fewer applications were made during the holiday months last year but I'm not holding my breathe. 85 days passed so ~ 261 days to go haha

YYZ
Newly Registered

Post by YYZ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm

DouggieB' wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:57 am
Hello everyone

Sad times.

Thanks guys.

Hi Douggie - at least you only had to wait 11 days for your received email, for some bizarre reason my application which was signed for in London on 28th August 2018 didn't get to Dublin until January 10th 2019 when I got my received email so that's added 4 and a half months on to the usual year then. Annoying!!

spike18
Newly Registered

Post by spike18 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 pm

Good Evening,

I'm pleased (and perhaps a little surprised) to say that my FBR Certificate arrived in the post today, dated 11th September. That makes it almost exactly 51 weeks since I received the email confirming receipt of my application.

So, now on to the passport application. I propose travelling to Liverpool to try out Passport Express. I will report back on progress.

In the meantime, thank you to Sulla for all the sterling work you do keeping track of the various dates and good luck to all those still waiting. One can only hope that now the shock of Brexit has subsided that timeframes may become a little shorter.

Spike

Quigy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Quigy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:52 pm

Latest on time to register. Applied Oct 2018. Receipt confirmed March 2019. Contacted Dublin in Sept 2019 and told should be processed in October 2019. For a while there was a dead end at London embassy. If you phoned you were referred to an email address. Email address then said no longer in use.
Always found staff, when I can get through, helpful and friendly.
As one of 15m+ Brits who voted to remain frustrated by both UK Govn and EU. In a divorce both parties are responsible, best to adopt a no fault approach.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:32 pm

spike18 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 pm
Good Evening,

I'm pleased (and perhaps a little surprised) to say that my FBR Certificate arrived in the post today, dated 11th September. That makes it almost exactly 51 weeks since I received the email confirming receipt of my application.

So, now on to the passport application. I propose travelling to Liverpool to try out Passport Express. I will report back on progress.

In the meantime, thank you to Sulla for all the sterling work you do keeping track of the various dates and good luck to all those still waiting. One can only hope that now the shock of Brexit has subsided that timeframes may become a little shorter.

Spike
Hi Spike,

Congratulations on getting your certificate and the best of luck with the passport application. I hope passport express works as well for you as it did for Brawn and others.

smc0502430
Newly Registered

Post by smc0502430 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am

Has anyone very recently applied for FBR? I applied 3 weeks ago directly to Ireland, it was marked as delivered by mail tracking almost 3 weeks ago but they have still to acknowledge receipt.

Looking through peoples posts here recently it seems to be about a week but I am on weeks.... I am aware I am at the back of a huge queue but from what I can tell there is no way to chase to make sure that the application wasnt misplaced

Mark1Nesbitt
Newly Registered

Post by Mark1Nesbitt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:32 am

My 1 year wait came and went on the 13th of September.
Still no update of confirmation, calling the number is useless.
Edited by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:37 am

Mark1Nesbitt wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:32 am
My 1 year wait came and went on the 13th of September.
Still no update of confirmation, calling the number is useless.
Kindly do not ask if members work for the FBR department. They would not be permitted to identify themselves for obvious reasons. A very recent post posted by a FBR employee ranting at members in this topic, was removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.