ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has brexit turned the UK into a rogue state.

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Has brexit turned the UK into a rogue state.

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Events in Westminster in the last week has been extremely concerning. I have never envisaged a time in my life when I will hear a British Prime minister promising to break the law and ignore the will of Parliament. I am appalled that such a preposition is spoken about, nevermind being given serious consideration.
I will seriously expect the head of the civil service to resign in those circumstances, as Boris will be trying to go rogue, I will expect at least the attorney General and the minister of justice to resign in in such circumstances, otherwise they will bring their office and the crown into disrepute.

Now I am starting to understand how the government was saying they will end FreeMovement on the 31-10 even though the law prohibits this. This is a government that has decided to be lawless, to trample upon the institutions of the UK.

I never thought I will say this, but this government is worst than Donald Trump's.

The institutions in America are able to deal with Trump, not sure the UK institutions are able to handle Boris.

This is a lawless government, with a leader that is unfit for office.

How did the UK get to this sorrowful position?, what did the UK do, to receive such punishment?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Re: Has brexit turned the UK into a rogue state.ex

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:39 pm

UK was never a lawful country or a democracy to being with. This just showed the extent of it to the world. The price of it will be the break up of the union. NI will leave, Scotland and Wales will gain independence and become prosperous countries within the EU and England will be left behind.

Too subjective, but my personal opinion.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Has brexit turned the UK into a rogue state.

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 pm

One cannot be sure of Wales, but it is very clear beyond doubt that within the next 5 years or less, there may be a border poll in Ireland and nationalist will win, and there will be Scottish referendum and Scotland will go alone.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Has brexit turned the UK into a rogue state.

Post by Richard W » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:24 pm
This is a lawless government, with a leader that is unfit for office.

How did the UK get to this sorrowful position?, what did the UK do, to receive such punishment?
The UK complied with your wishes:
Obie wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:59 pm
I actually would like them to vote to leave, so Scotland can make an easy decision to leave the union .
The rest is a mix of ambition, spinelessness, and a nagging sense of duty to one's constituents.