ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Half life in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Mood:

Half life in the UK

Post by 15092008 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:48 pm

I have been in the UK for almost half of my life, I would like to know if other people applied on the basis of half life spent in the UK (age between 18 and 24).

I was considering applying via the 10 year route but I have one rule broken which is that I have spent more than 18 months outside the UK in the past 10 years.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Half life in the UK

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:08 am

What is your immigration history ?
Settlement under 10 year private life was introduced in June 2012. The earliest you can apply to settle via this route will be June 2022. Also you should have been between 18 and 24 and you’d lived continuously in the UK for more than half your life to be eligible.
Long residence route has absence requirement which you do not meet at the moment.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by 15092008 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:44 pm

First entered the UK as a dependent until 2015 when I applied for T4 student visa, which will expire next month!

It is unbelievably difficult to find a job now that I require sponsorship. I don't really have a life back home even my family is in the UK.

What other routes can I take to stay with my family and friends (I'm single)?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:41 am

Possibly FLR(FP)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice