ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on 10 years long residency route - Help Needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vik58
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR on 10 years long residency route - Help Needed

Post by Vik58 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Hi Board Member

Greetings!

I'm looking for an urgent advice.

I'm Indian citizen and I hold Tier 2 ICT visa and my first entry clearance visa was issued in Aug 2010 since then I'm on the same visa in UK and extended multiple times, my current visa is valid until 13 Feb 2020 and I would need another 5-6 months visa to be eligible for 10 years ILR route. My current employer does not want me to sponsor after Feb 2020. This means I've to look for Tier 2 General visa for another 6 months or if I get a Tier 4 General Student visa. Which option I should opt for? I heard that getting a job on Tier 2 general visa is very difficult, is that true?

If I opt for Tier 4 study visa, is there any post graduate course available within GBP 5000 for international students which offers Tier 4 visa?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR on 10 years long residency route - Help Needed

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Vik58 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:59 pm

If I opt for Tier 4 study visa, is there any post graduate course available within GBP 5000 for international students which offers Tier 4 visa?

Thanks
With this budget it might not be possible. Still you can google search yourself.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Seek a new employer until Feb 2020. If all failed, make sure to leave the UK before visa expiry and return within 6 months with any visa. Your 10 years will remain intact and you can get long residence ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Vik58
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Vik58 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am

Many thanks for your reply.

Vik58
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Vik58 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:43 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:21 pm
Vik58 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks
With this budget it might not be possible. Still you can google search yourself.
I've searched on Google but couldn't find any. Any suggestions within 8k?

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:05 am

Check Tier 4 Sponsor List and then it comes down to making phone calls to these colleges and finding out their fee etc. off-course colleges with no working rights will be a lot cheaper than universities. So if you have sufficient savings and don't have dependants, you would be better off applying with such colleges and not working and surviving on your savings. Not sure about your personal circumstances, but you can downgrade your life style a bit more from March 2019 to July 2019 and as soon as you are within 28 days of your 10 years qualifying period, book super priority appointment and hope for the best.

List of tier 4 sponsors:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-students

Vik58
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Vik58 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:15 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:05 am
Check Tier 4 Sponsor List and then it comes down to making phone calls to these colleges and finding out their fee etc. off-course colleges with no working rights will be a lot cheaper than universities. So if you have sufficient savings and don't have dependants, you would be better off applying with such colleges and not working and surviving on your savings. Not sure about your personal circumstances, but you can downgrade your life style a bit more from March 2019 to July 2019 and as soon as you are within 28 days of your 10 years qualifying period, book super priority appointment and hope for the best.

List of tier 4 sponsors:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-students
Many Thanks for your advice brother, I'll look for the options you suggested.

chpramesh
Newly Registered
India

Post by chpramesh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:39 pm

I am also in the same situation. Did you find a way forward?