ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 3c

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Section 3c

Post by mhassi » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi everyone,
I am new member of this forum and I have query regarding my case.Basically,I applied for asylum in June 2017 and my case is now on the stage that my appeal was dismissed in July 2019 and I applied for permission to appeal to upper tribunal within time limit and now Which have been granted By first tier tribunal as my 10 years are completing in December 2019. I am under section 3C leave at the moment. Can I put FLR FP application without withdrawing the appeal as it is mentioned in Section 3c guidance that you cannot withdraw the appeal if permission is granted to the upper tribunal.I want to ask that can I apply for FLR FP application and continue the appeal at the same time.If I can apply then how it Will affect on my section 3C leave if my appeal will be dismissed from the upper tribunal?
Will I have right to apply for permission to court of appeal and my Section 3c leave continue until court of appeal decision?
Your response and guidance will be much appreciated and helpful.
Thank you everyone in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Section 3c

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:28 pm

What you want is not possible. When you are protected by section 3C, you CANNOT apply for a new application. Section 3C must come to an end first before a new application can proceed. In order to apply, you must withdraw your appeal which makes you an overstayer. What is the point of FLR when you have a pending asylum case ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mhassi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 am

Zimba,Thank you so much for your response.It is very helpful.
In this case,when will my appeal rights exhausted?
1-If my appeal will dismiss from UT
OR
2-Appeal rights will be exhausted until the decision from court of appeal??
Your response will be much appreciated.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:17 pm

When UT dismisses your case and you have no right to appeal it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mhassi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:25 am

Zimba, Thank you so much for your response it’s really helpful.

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Section 3c Leave

Post by mhassi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:32 am

Hello Everyone,
I want to ask when section 3c leave comes to an end?
1- When your appeal dismissed from Upper tribunal??
OR
2- when you apply for permission of appeal in UT for court of appeal Within time limit which is 12 working days and it got rejected??
OR
3- When you apply for permission of appeal directly in court of appeal in 28 days and it got rejected??

Your response will be much appreciated.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Technically when you exhaust all your options.

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mhassi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:59 am

Thanks Zimba, please can you explain me what is your understanding regarding 3C??
Basically,My appeal is dismissed from upper tribunal and it clearly says in decision letter that either party can apply for permission to appeal in court of appeal with in prescribed time limit
My question is that when my 3C LEAVE comes to an end??
1) when UT will refuse permission to appeal application

OR
2) when Court of appeal will refuse permission to appeal application.
Your response will be very helpful because My 10 years will be complete in December 2019 and I am very worried about my situation.

I Hope hear from you soon.
Anyone can share their opinion
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:52 pm

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mhassi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:28 am

Hello Everyone,
I have a query regarding ILR Application
I am on 3C LEAVE right now and I lodged an application for permission to appeal to court of appeal in UT According to my situation what’s your opinion
1:My 10 years will be completed on 30th December 2019
I am eligible to apply for ILR after completing 10 years in case of 3C leave
OR
I am eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before completing 10 Years which is 03 December 2019

If I am eligible for second option then when I will apply for ILR, Do I need to withdraw the appeal on same day and my 3C leave will continue after withdrawal of appeal??
Your answer will be very helpful for me I Hope hear from you soon.
Regards,
Hassan

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:46 am

The 2nd option. I already answered your section 3C query above !
Zimba wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:28 pm
When you are protected by section 3C, you CANNOT apply for a new application. Section 3C must come to an end first before a new application can proceed. In order to apply, you must withdraw your appeal which makes you an overstayer.

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mhassi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Thanks Zimba for getting back with reply.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l-v7.0.pdf
Please if you will open above link Right of appeal guidance and go to page 9,Read it and explain me what exactly it Means??
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf
Please open the above link 3C leave guidance and read page 14, and please explain what exactly it means??

Your answer will be very helpful.
Thanks,
Hassan

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:33 pm

mhassi wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:57 pm
Thanks Zimba for getting back with reply.
Please if you will open above link Right of appeal guidance and go to page 9,Read it and explain me what exactly it Means??
Please open the above link 3C leave guidance and read page 14, and please explain what exactly it means??

Your answer will be very helpful.
Thanks,
Hassan
What is your specific query ?!

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mhassi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:02 pm

According to your opinion
We can’t make an application if appeal is pending at any stage and 3C leave continues but my question is

I am eligible to apply for ILR after completing 10 years
OR
I am eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before completing 10 Years which is 03 December 2019

If I am eligible for second option then when I will apply for ILR, Do I need to withdraw the appeal on same day and my 3C leave will continue after withdrawal of appeal??
But it is written in 3C LEAVE and Right of appeal guidance that

ILR (LR) comes under the immigration rules and also comes under Human right application and it is written in these guidance that human right application under the immigration rules can be made when 3C leave continues.So,I think if I will apply 28 days before the completion of 10 years then I don’t need to withdraw appeal which makes me overstayer.

Your response will be much appreciated
Thanks
Hassan

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:25 pm

It seems the long residence is considered a human rights application (never thought that would be the case) so you can apply for SET(LR) while on section 3C. So apply for SET(LR) within 28 days. Good find btw 8)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:31 pm

mhassi wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:02 pm
it is written in 3C LEAVE and Right of appeal guidance that

ILR (LR) comes under the immigration rules and also comes under Human right application and it is written in these guidance that human right application under the immigration rules can be made when 3C leave continues.So,I think if I will apply 28 days before the completion of 10 years then I don’t need to withdraw appeal which makes me overstayer.
Can you provide a link to this specific document as I can't seem to find it on the gov.uk website? It looks as if you are quoting somebody's opinion, not a government document.

Note that human rights applications don't lead to ILR. It leads a further grant of Leave to Remain.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mhassi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mhassi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Please read page 9 and explain
Whether ILR(LR) comes under human right application or not??
Please read page 14 from above link of 3C LEAVE guidance and explain that can we make human right or protection claim during 3C leave continues without withdrawing the pending appeal at any stage?
Your response will be appreciated.
And yes,I am sure that Zimba got my point .
Thanks
Hassan

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 pm

@secret.simon
My view was that section 3C has to end for a new application to proceed as per immigration act 1971 but this paragraph from Right of Appeal guide says:
These applications can be made while the applicant has leave under section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 as a consequence of an ongoing appeal against the refusal of another application. No other applications under the rules other than those in this section can be made where the applicant has 3C leave.