ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply the ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunoo

When to apply the ILR?

Post by sunoo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:53 am

Hi all,

My wife came to UK in November 2016 on Spouse visa (Spouse of British Citizen). We applied to for extension in June and she was granted until March 2022. How early we can apply for ILR? It is 5 years route so would it be in November 2021 (that's when her 5 years are completing since arrival in UK) or 28 before her visa ran out?

Secondly for cohabitation do we need to provide documentation only for last 2.5 years or for whole of 5 years?

Many thanks in advance.

sunoo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When to apply the ILR?

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am

She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she arrived in the UK and can also apply before her current visa expires

Cohabitation for 2 years preceding date of ilr application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunoo

Re: When to apply the ILR?

Post by sunoo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am
She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she arrived in the UK and can also apply before her current visa expires

Cohabitation for 2 years preceding date of ilr application.
Awesome. That answers both of my questions. Thank you :D