ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR as Tier 2 PBS dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sherene
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR as Tier 2 PBS dependent

Post by sherene » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for ILR as PBS dependent(5 years) this month. My wife applied last year and got her ILR. I was eligible that time but did not apply at the same time. I found I need to use the Set(O) form for this.

My question is whether I need to show financial proof. I can show my wife's details as she has been working in the UK for a long time. But is this required.

For cohabitation proof we have our current and previous council tax bills for the past 2 years and current rental agreement in joint names. I do not have much evidence addressed to my name solely apart from bank letters since everything is in my wife's name. Is this enough? Or do they expect at least 6 different pieces of information for this application as well like for Set(M)?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Sherene

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying for ILR as Tier 2 PBS dependent

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:22 pm

There is no financial requirement to be met. Cohabitation is 3 piece of evidence covering the last 2 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks a lot for letting me know. 3 piece evidence means should it have both mine and wife's names in all three? We have council tax bills for the past 2 years in joint names (new home and previous home) and a tenancy agreement in joint name this year. Is this sufficient? Or should it be 3 different sources with both our names? If we do not have that how many individually addressed evidence should be given?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:47 pm

3 different sources with both your names is ideal but you can send more evidence showing you lived together in the same address during the same period.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Thanks a lot for clarifying. About the evidence, do they need to be the ones received by post or e-bills are accepted? Because for council tax bills in joint names for past 2 years I only have the e-bills, since we never used paper bills.
Hope this is accepted?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:17 am

Anything

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your help and support in this forum. I have 2 questions appearing in the online form which I want to clarify the answers.

Questions in form:
1) Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
I have Council tax bills and Tenancy agreement in joint names, not bank or other utility bills. So is this still a Yes or No? Because anyway I will be providing council tax documents.

2) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
I'm self-employed with a company registered in the UK but still financially dependent on my wife. Is this a Yes or No in this case?

Other concerns:
3) The online form did not ask me anything about Travel dates in the past 5 years except the first day landed in the UK. Nothing regarding Finances except 1 about public funds. Went straight to the Declaration page. Hope this is the case in this route. Please confirm.

4) I have been issued Tier 2 dependent twice first for 1 year and then for 5 years depending on my wife's Tier 2 visa. My recent BRP started on 3rd Novemeber 2014 and ends 15 Oct 2019. Still my qualifying period started from October 2013 with my first Tier 2 Dependent BRP. The online form asks only the recent BRP details hope they have records about my previous to see qualifying period. Please confirm.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:07 pm

They asked if you had bank or utility company together, so it is NO.
You are not subject to any absence limit. UKVI has access to all your immigration history

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks. Can you please let e know about Question 2?

You mentioned since its not bank or utility bill, the first question is No. So it does not apply for the second question too because its also about the bank/utility bill. I guess its also a No?
-----------
2) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

------------

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Correct

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:09 am

Thanks Zimba. Only one more question.

It asks in the application whether you are anyone part of the application is receiving public funds.
My wife who got her ILR last year is receiving child benefit. Should I include this in the application?
Is my wife part of the application because in the beginning of the application it asks for her details.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:45 pm

NO she is not part of the application

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi Zimba,

I have a problem, just want to confirm. I submitted the application, but in the English exam part it asked whether I have a reference no or certificate. I chose certificate and submitted the application because I did not get the reference number by then. I got it today by email and this week I will get my certificate as well.
Is this ok? Is the reference number needed for the application? Since I will attach my certificate anyway is this a problem?

Please let me know asap. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:27 pm

sherene wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:23 pm
Hi Zimba,

I have a problem, just want to confirm. I submitted the application, but in the English exam part it asked whether I have a reference no or certificate. I chose certificate and submitted the application because I did not get the reference number by then. I got it today by email and this week I will get my certificate as well.
Is this ok? Is the reference number needed for the application? Since I will attach my certificate anyway is this a problem?

Please let me know asap. Thanks
Thats fine. Just upload the certificate with the documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks Cullinan. Can Zimba confirm it as well? I'm pretty tensed. Sorry.
Because they say without the reference no they cannot verify the results online.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:31 pm

sherene wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:29 pm
Thanks Cullinan. Can Zimba confirm it as well? I'm pretty tensed. Sorry.
Because they say without the reference no they cannot verify the results online.

Thanks
Have you attended the biometrics already?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:32 pm

No. I have not made an appointment yet. I'm waiting for the English language certificate, to arrive before making the appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:36 pm

sherene wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:32 pm
No. I have not made an appointment yet. I'm waiting for the English language certificate, to arrive before making the appointment.
So whats the tension then? Just attach the certificate and mention the reference number in the cover letter. Upload before the biometrics appointment.

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Ok. Thanks a lot for assuring. Hope its fine that they can see the certificate and get the reference number from my Cover letter.

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi,

My appointment is on Wednesday. I'm uploading all required documents. For cohabitation I'm providing the following evidence for the past 2 years. Just to let you know again my wife got her ILR last year and I'm applying in the 5 year Tier 2 dependent category. Can you please let me know if this would be sufficient or more evidence needed?
Joint means the evidence is in both names. Otherwise they are separate letters from separate sources in the same time period for me and wife.

Joint council tax bill (March)
Joint Tenancy expiration letter (September)

Joint council tax bill (May)
Eon bill(wife), bank letter (me) addressed separately(September)

Joint tenancy agreement(January)
Joint council tax bills(January, April)
NHS letters addressed separately(May)
DVLA letter(me), Water Bill(wife) addressed separately (September)

Marriage Certificate (Married in 2009)

Also I was supposed to sign declaration in part 1 and my wife in part 2. Is part 3 necessary since we did not provide any evidence for finance. It is required only if I'm supported by my wife and mentioned in the application. When I applied it did not ask for any financial details. Hope I do not have to attach part 3 in the documents. Please let me know.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:54 pm

sherene wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:35 pm
Hi,

My appointment is on Wednesday. I'm uploading all required documents. For cohabitation I'm providing the following evidence for the past 2 years. Just to let you know again my wife got her ILR last year and I'm applying in the 5 year Tier 2 dependent category. Can you please let me know if this would be sufficient or more evidence needed?
Joint means the evidence is in both names. Otherwise they are separate letters from separate sources in the same time period for me and wife.

Joint council tax bill (March)
Joint Tenancy expiration letter (September)

Joint council tax bill (May)
Eon bill(wife), bank letter (me) addressed separately(September)

Joint tenancy agreement(January)
Joint council tax bills(January, April)
NHS letters addressed separately(May)
DVLA letter(me), Water Bill(wife) addressed separately (September)

Marriage Certificate (Married in 2009)

Also I was supposed to sign declaration in part 1 and my wife in part 2. Is part 3 necessary since we did not provide any evidence for finance. It is required only if I'm supported by my wife and mentioned in the application. When I applied it did not ask for any financial details. Hope I do not have to attach part 3 in the documents. Please let me know.

Thanks
Your cohab docs are good.

Your wife signs part 3 only if you are financially dependent on her. I dont remember the exact wordings but it is self explanatory.

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This is what is mentioned in Part 3.

PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor

If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration:

I have agreed to provide financial support to the applicant as set out in the application form. I have provided information or documentation to support the application. I understand the Home Office may verify the information or documentation which has been provided.

I agree to the provider of the information or documentation giving the Home Office relevant personal data it holds about me. This is limited to that which is necessary to confirm that the information or documentation the applicant has supplied is genuine and correct. If that information or documentation is not genuine or correct, the provider may give the Home Office details of any irregularities, inaccuracies or discrepancies in the information or documentation, and may also disclose to the Home Office the correct information that they hold.

I understand that this information or documentation may be used to decide the application and for related purposes.

------------------------------------

In the application form it did not ask anything about my financial situation except whether I'm receiving public funds. As for now I'm not providing any financial proof as this was not required for the application. Is this required? But I'm financially dependent on my wife. Should she still sign the Part 3? If so should I attach her last 3 months bank statements and pay slips?

Please let me know.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:05 pm

sherene wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This is what is mentioned in Part 3.

PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor

If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration:

I have agreed to provide financial support to the applicant as set out in the application form. I have provided information or documentation to support the application. I understand the Home Office may verify the information or documentation which has been provided.

I agree to the provider of the information or documentation giving the Home Office relevant personal data it holds about me. This is limited to that which is necessary to confirm that the information or documentation the applicant has supplied is genuine and correct. If that information or documentation is not genuine or correct, the provider may give the Home Office details of any irregularities, inaccuracies or discrepancies in the information or documentation, and may also disclose to the Home Office the correct information that they hold.

I understand that this information or documentation may be used to decide the application and for related purposes.

------------------------------------

In the application form it did not ask anything about my financial situation except whether I'm receiving public funds. As for now I'm not providing any financial proof as this was not required for the application. Is this required? But I'm financially dependent on my wife. Should she still sign the Part 3? If so should I attach her last 3 months bank statements and pay slips?

Please let me know.
If no financial supporting documents are attached or needed, leave part 3.

sherene
Newly Registered

Post by sherene » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks. In the application form there was a question,

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

I answered No here. I wonder if I should have put Yes, because I'm showing my wife's utility bill (addressed to her in the same period) for cohabitation proof.

If there is no financial evidence provided for the application is it ok? I know you mentioned before there is no financial requirement. but just want to make sure as my situation is bit complicated.

Sorry for the repeated posts. I want to make sure there is no financial evidence required for the ILR application for Tier 2 dependent route(5 years)

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:18 pm

sherene wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm
Thanks. In the application form there was a question,

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

I answered No here. I wonder if I should have put Yes, because I'm showing my wife's utility bill (addressed to her in the same period) for cohabitation proof.

If there is no financial evidence provided for the application is it ok? I know you mentioned before there is no financial requirement. but just want to make sure as my situation is bit complicated.

Sorry for the repeated posts. I want to make sure there is no financial evidence required for the ILR application for Tier 2 dependent route(5 years)

Thanks
If I was you I would answer “yes”. In this case just ask your wife to sign part 3 also. To be honest its better to be on the safer side. It wont harm anyways if she signs part 3.
There is no financial need to be met.