ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Financial requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 pm
Hi All,

In regards to Bank statements:

When they say they should be no older than 28 days, are they referring to the latest one?
Only the latest bank statement and payslips shouldnt be older than 28 days.
zakali92 wrote:
some statements cover 30 days, some 31, some 32 and one of them covers only 27 days

Thanks
Its very usual pattern of regular postal bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 pm
zakali92 wrote:
Hi All,

In regards to Bank statements:

When they say they should be no older than 28 days, are they referring to the latest one?
Only the latest bank statement and payslips shouldnt be older than 28 days.
zakali92 wrote:
some statements cover 30 days, some 31, some 32 and one of them covers only 27 days

Thanks
Its very usual pattern of regular postal bank statements.
Thanks for confirming this

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:10 am

So my bank statements arrived on Monday and they've made one discrepancy with regards to dates which I will fix when I go to the bank on Friday.

So for August, my payslip says I got paid/or it got processed on 26th August, however, I got paid on the 23rd August into my bank. The amounts are exactly the same. I know it's trivial but will this cause an issue?

Also, on my ex-employer's letter to confirm my wage slips are authentic, my former HR manager has got one letter wrong on my postcode, literally one letter, again trivial but will this cause a problem? so instead of a W there is S on the start of my postcode.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:35 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:10 am
So for August, my payslip says I got paid/or it got processed on 26th August, however, I got paid on the 23rd August into my bank. The amounts are exactly the same. I know it's trivial but will this cause an issue?
No issue because a lot of pay days fall on weekend and many generous employers pay even before the pay day if it is falling on weekend.
zakali92 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:10 am
Also, on my ex-employer's letter to confirm my wage slips are authentic, my former HR manager has got one letter wrong on my postcode, literally one letter, again trivial but will this cause a problem? so instead of a W there is S on the start of my postcode.
no issue because letter is not for the purpose of proof of address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 pm

My final question (hopefully lol)

My 12 month bank statements arrived, however, there was discrepancy on one of the:

instead of saying "12 October 2018 to 09 November 2018", it instead says "10th November 2017 to 09 November 2018" :evil:

So I went to my local Halifax branch to fix this, they printed an online version of it to correct it and stamped the statement, they did the same for my latest one (which I am awaiting in the post).

So 10 copies are original paper statements I ordered and 2 copies are online bank statements that have been signed and stamped by my bank, will that be an issue???

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:15 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 pm

So 10 copies are original paper statements I ordered and 2 copies are online bank statements that have been signed and stamped by my bank, will that be an issue???
No issue

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:15 pm
zakali92 wrote:

No issue
Thank you, I received my housing report yesterday and I compared it to two of my friends' housing reports, and in my report, it doesn't state the following bit "In accordance with the housing act of 1985..."

My house has 6 bedrooms, 6 people living in their currently. My bed room is quite big with two double beds, with an en-suite and dressing room next to it. The house is pretty big with everyone one spare bedroom as well.

Will that be an issue? Does the housing act of 1985 really need to be quoted? The estate agent reassured me he's done many housing reports and there hasn't been any issues.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:13 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 am
seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:15 pm
zakali92 wrote:

No issue
Thank you, I received my housing report yesterday and I compared it to two of my friends' housing reports, and in my report, it doesn't state the following bit "In accordance with the housing act of 1985..."

My house has 6 bedrooms, 6 people living in their currently. My bed room is quite big with two double beds, with an en-suite and dressing room next to it. The house is pretty big with everyone one spare bedroom as well.

Will that be an issue? Does the housing act of 1985 really need to be quoted? The estate agent reassured me he's done many housing reports and there hasn't been any issues.
If that report at least confirms by saying that there would be no overcrowding with another person (your partner) then no issue.

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:38 am

Fififadi wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:59 am
zakali92 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:18 am
Thanks for that.

I've read through that case, and it was unfortunate for him and it wasn't his fault at all. It was UKVI and VFS mistake for not uploading all the documents.

That brings me to my next question, talking to a friend, he's told me as part of the new gov site, all teh documents are uploaded by ourselves not via VFS physically is that correct? because if that is correct, surely that shouldn't cause problems as long as I ensure everything is uploaded?

Thanks again for this.
Hi Zaka

I uploaded all the documents myself for my spouse on the VFS website. It constantly crashed and deleted documents after uploading. However, i managed to upload everything before the biometrics date but not sure what the caseworkers will see when they check on their side. It's all a bit risky. We are still awaiting a decision on our application, so I can't tell whether the documents have been approved.

Hi Fififadi,

Thanks for your help.

So i submitted the application for my wife this week on 18th September, paid IHS surcharge and visa fee.
Now I am at the stage of uploading docs on that AWFUL VFS site. I've downloaded the checklist.

So as you know I am now struggling with that awful site to upload my docs, compressed alot of docs too.
I've got the following questions:

1. Is the biometric appointment booked after the document upload?
2. the 28 day rule is that the "submission date" or when I eventually upload the documents - my last document which is payslip was processed on 26th August.
3. If i cant manage to do it on VFS site, do I just turn up to the VFS office (closest one to me is Smethwick Birmingham)?
4. Finally, bit of a random question, do I just stay resilient and try uploading on VFS site???

Sorry I know off topic, but I feel Fififadi can help here, apologies moderators. If Moderators can help that would be much appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:42 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:38 am
Fififadi wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
Thanks for that.

I've read through that case, and it was unfortunate for him and it wasn't his fault at all. It was UKVI and VFS mistake for not uploading all the documents.

That brings me to my next question, talking to a friend, he's told me as part of the new gov site, all teh documents are uploaded by ourselves not via VFS physically is that correct? because if that is correct, surely that shouldn't cause problems as long as I ensure everything is uploaded?

Thanks again for this.
Hi Zaka

I uploaded all the documents myself for my spouse on the VFS website. It constantly crashed and deleted documents after uploading. However, i managed to upload everything before the biometrics date but not sure what the caseworkers will see when they check on their side. It's all a bit risky. We are still awaiting a decision on our application, so I can't tell whether the documents have been approved.

Hi Fififadi,

Thanks for your help.

So i submitted the application for my wife this week on 18th September, paid IHS surcharge and visa fee.
Now I am at the stage of uploading docs on that AWFUL VFS site. I've downloaded the checklist.

So as you know I am now struggling with that awful site to upload my docs, compressed alot of docs too.

2. the 28 day rule is that the "submission date" or when I eventually upload the documents - my last document which is payslip was processed on 26th August.
3. If i cant manage to do it on VFS site, do I just turn up to the VFS office (closest one to me is Smethwick Birmingham)?
4. Finally, bit of a random question, do I just stay resilient and try uploading on VFS site???

Sorry I know off topic, but I feel Fififadi can help here, apologies moderators. If Moderators can help that would be much appreciated.
1. Yes if you upload documents by yourself.
2. 28 days rule apply from date of application e.g 18th September

3. Check with them whether they only see with prior appointment

4. If their website is working fine then upload yourself

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:47 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:38 am
Fififadi wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
Thanks for that.

Thanks again for this.
Hi Zaka

Hi Fififadi,

Thanks for your help.

Hi zakali92

Hope you’re well. Good hear you’ve submitted.
In response to your questions:

1) I booked the biometrics for my husband through the VFS website and uploaded the documents in the meantime. It’s strange to read others stories as when I was uploading documents there was a disclaimer which said all documents need to be uploaded before the biometrics and no documents would be accepted after this. But this seems untrue

2) Yes I believe it’s the date you submit the application form and pay fees etc.

3) For the London one I knows it’s a walk in as many people have said this. The earlier they went the quicker they were seen. I’m sure it’s the same for Birmingham but perhaps find out?

4) Do you see the disclaimer on the website about uploading before biometrics? If not, then yeah keep trying. But it does stress you out. It might even be better now? I did mine in July/August. Surely they would have improved by now?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:42 am

Fififadi wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:47 pm
when I was uploading documents there was a disclaimer which said all documents need to be uploaded before the biometrics and no documents would be accepted after this. But this seems untrue
Where you read about this disclaimer because if you want to upload the documents by yourself then you are expected to upload until biometrics but still if anything left to scan/upload then VFS/UKVCAS staff can do it for you. Its only about the documents if dated after the date of application wont be considered by UKVI caseworker instead VFS/UKVCAS staff.

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi Fififadi,

Thanks for your help.

[/quote]

Hi zakali92

1) I booked the biometrics for my husband through the VFS website and uploaded the documents in the meantime. It’s strange to read others stories as when I was uploading documents there was a disclaimer which said all documents need to be uploaded before the biometrics and no documents would be accepted after this. But this seems untrue

2) Yes I believe it’s the date you submit the application form and pay fees etc.

3) For the London one I knows it’s a walk in as many people have said this. The earlier they went the quicker they were seen. I’m sure it’s the same for Birmingham but perhaps find out?

4) Do you see the disclaimer on the website about uploading before biometrics? If not, then yeah keep trying. But it does stress you out. It might even be better now? I did mine in July/August. Surely they would have improved by now?
[/quote]

Hi Fififadi,

I am good, that was the most stressful weak for me. So I submitted on Wednesday 18th and it took me the following Thursday and Friday to eventually upload all the documents.
So I've uploaded all my 26 documents, but I got heart attack at one stage because it missed out my payslips, hwoever, I went back in and was able to upload it and now I have a receipt/appointment letter which confirms which docs I've uploaded.

I believe I can still upload documents up until the biometrics appointment (which is Tuesday 24th Sept), I had to pay £93.40 for some premium services which I opted out before the document upload which was very weird, but at that stage I was willing to pay because of the DREADFUL VFS site.
It wouldn't let me book the biometrics until I uploaded the documents.

In regards to Disclaimer, I am not sure, I can't remember seeing it.

In terms of the biometrics appointment - what happens there?
I was told via email that my wife has to take the following:

1. Document checklist
2. VFS appointment/receipt letter
3. Passport

is that correct? Again thanks for your help guys!

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 am

zakali92 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 pm
Hi Fififadi,

Thanks for your help.

Hi zakali92

[/quote]

Hi Fififadi,

I am good, that was the most stressful weak for me. So I submitted on Wednesday 18th and it took me the following Thursday and Friday to eventually upload all the documents.
So I've uploaded all my 26 documents, but I got heart attack at one stage because it missed out my payslips, hwoever, I went back in and was able to upload it and now I have a receipt/appointment letter which confirms which docs I've uploaded.

I believe I can still upload documents up until the biometrics appointment (which is Tuesday 24th Sept), I had to pay £93.40 for some premium services which I opted out before the document upload which was very weird, but at that stage I was willing to pay because of the DREADFUL VFS site.
It wouldn't let me book the biometrics until I uploaded the documents.

In regards to Disclaimer, I am not sure, I can't remember seeing it.

In terms of the biometrics appointment - what happens there?
I was told via email that my wife has to take the following:

1. Document checklist
2. VFS appointment/receipt letter
3. Passport

is that correct? Again thanks for your help guys!
[/quote]

Hi Zakali92

I just wanted to let you know that UKVI contacted my husband to say they hadn't received my documentation (although i can still see it on the website) - so i went into the office and paid for the upload yesterday. Just as a headsup - seems like their self upload service is good for nothing!

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Wow! you got me worried!

My wife hasn't been contacted as of yet. So I have a few questions:

1. Did you got to one of the VFS visa centres?
2. Did you have to send in paper copies of all your online documents??
3. Was the fee £75?

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:39 pm

4. Did it say you uploaded all the documents on your receipt/appointment letter?

I can see all of mine have been uploaded on the receipt letter.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:35 pm
Wow! you got me worried!

3. Was the fee £75?
Sorry, didn't mean to worry you! Yours may be absolutely fine - just thought i'd update you as i know you also self uploaded.

In reply to your questions:

1) Yes - the London one - walk in at 8.30, wasn't busy at all so was seen in 5 minutes - the scanning took about 20 minutes.
2) Didn't send anything in - took all paper copies with me which they scanned in front of me and gave back to me after completing
3) Yes - £75
4) Yes - receipt containing all uploaded documents - but i didn't want to risk it.

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 pm
zakali92 wrote:
Wow! you got me worried!

3. Was the fee £75?
Sorry, didn't mean to worry you! Yours may be absolutely fine - just thought i'd update you as i know you also self uploaded.

1) Yes - the London one - walk in at 8.30, wasn't busy at all so was seen in 5 minutes - the scanning took about 20 minutes.
2) Didn't send anything in - took all paper copies with me which they scanned in front of me and gave back to me after completing
3) Yes - £75
4) Yes - receipt containing all uploaded documents - but i didn't want to risk it.
Hi Fififadi,

Thank you very much for the heads up! otherwise I would've been in the dark.

I will let you know if the same happens to me, i will not take the risk so will probably scan all paper copies.

Do you think it's worth emailing home office? it's £5 charge I think.

Thanks,
Zak

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:14 pm

Fififadi wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
Wow! you got me worried!

3. Was the fee £75?

3) Yes - £75
Hi fififadi want to know
Did they check your original documents too at scanning centre like Tb test and A1 test or did you take coloured copies of them not original.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:58 am

zakali92 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:59 pm
Fififadi wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
Wow! you got me worried!

3. Was the fee £75?

3) Yes - £75
Hi Fififadi,

Thank you very much for the heads up! otherwise I would've been in the dark.

I will let you know if the same happens to me, i will not take the risk so will probably scan all paper copies.

Do you think it's worth emailing home office? it's £5 charge I think.

Thanks,
Zak
Hi Zak

I'm not sure if they will reply specifically related to documentation by e-mail.

I think just wait and see - the good thing i suppose is that they didn't instantly reject due to not being able to see any documents - instead they have made contact and given time to provide this again.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:52 am

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:14 pm
Fififadi wrote:
zakali92 wrote:
Wow! you got me worried!

3. Was the fee £75?

3) Yes - £75
Hi fififadi want to know
Did they check your original documents too at scanning centre like Tb test and A1 test or did you take coloured copies of them not original.
Hi Mfamily

No, they just took scans of all my coloured copies. You don't need originals.

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:57 am

Hi Fif,

Just to update you, I got an email from ECO:

Decision making email: Email from Entry Clearance Officer VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk on 14/10/19

"Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer...."

1. Did you get this email??

2. You know when your husband got an email asking for supporting documents because they had not received them even though u uploaded on VFS website online... Who was that email from? And what did it say, as in what was the text for the email?
3. Did the above email (2) look like it was automated?

Thanks Zak

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm

zakali92 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:57 am
Hi Fif,

Just to update you, I got an email from ECO:

Decision making email: Email from Entry Clearance Officer VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk on 14/10/19

"Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer...."

1. Did you get this email??

2. You know when your husband got an email asking for supporting documents because they had not received them even though u uploaded on VFS website online... Who was that email from? And what did it say, as in what was the text for the email?
3. Did the above email (2) look like it was automated?

Thanks Zak
Hi Zak,

Yes - we did get this e-mail, about 2 weeks after the biometrics

The e-mail regarding documents was sent from visainfo.shefo.... it reads:

Dear <<<<>>>>

Regarding Visa Application: <<<>>>>

UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.

We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.

PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that you or your UK sponsor submits the documentation as follows:

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/ ... ement-visa

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre

zakali92

Post by zakali92 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Thanks for this very useful.
I'll keep an eye out for it.