ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and taking GCSEs in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ukgal123
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa and taking GCSEs in the UK

Post by Ukgal123 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 pm

Hello all,

My spouse is in the UK on a spouse visa and is interested in taking Maths and English GCSEs for free offered by a local college that state it’s free for anybody who doesn’t currently hold any UK GCSEs.

My question is, would these free GCSEs be classed as “public funds” and seen as accessing public funds because they are free?

My spouse and I are concerned to enrol in the course incase this goes against the rule of “no access to public funds” on the Spouse visa.

Awaiting a reply,

Thank you all

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa and taking GCSEs in the UK

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:11 pm

It shouldn't be a public fund. I even seen some centres freely helping to anyone with maths & English. See list of public funds:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.