ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will My Application Be Successful?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geoeng
Canada

Re: Will My Application Be Successful?

Post by geoeng » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:53 am

From Page 15 of the Adequate Maintenance guidance document for cash savings you need to provide:
(a) Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in
the application has been held in an account(s) in the name of the person or of the person
and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(b) A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings.

Basically, bank statements for 6 months showing the minimum savings being relied upon were maintained.

Also from Page 15 of the Adequate Maintenance guidance document for non-employment income (i.e. benefits), it directs to paragraph 10(f) of Appendix FM-SE for which the required evidence is:
(i) Department for Work and Pensions documentation confirming the person or their partner is or was in receipt of the benefit in the 12-month period prior to the date of application.
(ii) personal bank statements for or from the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the income was paid into the person’s account.

This evidence should also satisfy Section 5.2 of the guidance document to prove an exemption from the minimum income requirement (though you should confirm this based on the documentation available). You will note the evidential requirements for the adequate maintenance route are not the same as those relying on employment income.

adam111
Newly Registered

Post by adam111 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:50 am

I have two seperate banks - one for my benefits and one for savings.

I understand I need to provide 6 months statements for the savings account.

But for the bank accounts that the Benefits money, is that just the latest months statement to show money that the carers allowance and Income Support in going in to my bank account?

Also, what if money is going out from the Benefit's bank account (not the savings account) for non housing related things, will that affect the application?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:41 pm

The wording of the guidance document suggests bank statements for the previous 12 months showing the income paid into the account. Any money being going out of the account the benefits are being paid into would not affect the application, they are only interested in confirming the income.

adam111
Newly Registered

Post by adam111 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:08 pm

My wife has not sent the spouse visa application yet, would it be OK for her to come to the UK on a Visitor visa and stay in the UK for a few weeks or will that cause problems when she applies for the spouse visa?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:18 pm

adam111 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:08 pm
My wife has not sent the spouse visa application yet, would it be OK for her to come to the UK on a Visitor visa and stay in the UK for a few weeks or will that cause problems when she applies for the spouse visa?
Being in the UK for a few weeks on a visitor visa wouldn't affect spouse visa application at all if you haven't submitted application yet. Visitor visa might be scrutinised more closely since your wife has a spouse in the UK so make sure she has evidence of plans to return to her country of origin afterwards as well as ongoing ties to that country (family, employment, a residence, etc.) to demonstrate she is likely to leave UK.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.