ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Rania Anwar
Newly Registered

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Rania Anwar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 am

iibdii wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:57 pm
Rania Anwar wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:51 pm
Hi i live with my parents I have completed my 5years residency in uk and I have permanent residency BRC was on my passport 12/ :shock: :shock: 2014/12/2019and i apply for biometric i have now BRC and i am non eu family member my dad have spainsh passport can i eligible for setteld status so confused can someone tell me please
Yes Rania if you have valid brc just compelte application from the android app you will get decision in 2/3 days as you already have PR
Thanks sorry it was my mistake I have residency card not permanent residency I have apply for permanent residency but they said I have 6 months gap in my dad 5 years work history that's way they give me again 5years brc my old residency that was on my passport is gone expired in December that way i am confused can someone help me please. 🙄🙄

shafi666
Newly Registered

Post by shafi666 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 pm

hi i applied as a non eu family member as a settle status but got Pre settled status because i was on student visa before
applied = 15 August
Biometric done Free = 5th September
received today email for Pre settled status confirmation
my settlement status eligibility will be in November this year

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 pm

shafi666 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 pm
hi i applied as a non eu family member as a settle status but got Pre settled status because i was on student visa before
applied = 15 August
Hi Shafi,

Congrats on your visa, please can you advise what documents did you submit ? Did you applied through retained rights ? Seperated from partner and partners ID ?

Thanks

Jabir314
Pakistan

Post by Jabir314 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Hello guys.
GOT SETTLE STATUS AFTER 17 weeks. Thank to everyone who share their experience and timeline.

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Jabir314 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 pm
Hello guys.
GOT SETTLE STATUS AFTER 17 weeks. Thank to everyone who share their experience and timeline.
Hi Jabir,

Congrats man. Did you able to provide your ex valid id ?

Thanks

Jabir314
Pakistan

Post by Jabir314 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:44 pm

asadaqeel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:24 pm
Jabir314 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 pm
Hello guys.
Hi Jabir,

Congrats man. Did you able to provide your ex valid id ?

Thanks
Hi Asadaqeel
Thank you ever so much bro. I just gave them her reference number. Just relax and don’t loose hope. Now it’s your turn. Stay calm

shafi666
Newly Registered

Post by shafi666 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:42 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 pm
shafi666 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 pm
applied = 15 August
Hi Shafi,

Congrats on your visa, please can you advise what documents did you submit ? Did you applied through retained rights ? Seperated from partner and partners ID ?

Thanks
no separate still living together

msnawan
Newly Registered

Post by msnawan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:42 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:26 am
msnawan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 am
Finally after waiting for almost 10 weeks i have received my settled status.
Thanks everyone on this forum for helping me out.
Hi Mate,

Congrats :)

Please can you give your timeline and also advise what document did you provide HO.
Thanks. I have applied on 2nd july and got my status confirmation via email on 6th september. BRC received after one week.

Documents attached with my application were, my ID, wife ID, my bank statements for 2015-2017 and marriage certificate.

msnawan
Newly Registered

Post by msnawan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:45 am

NeNe26 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 pm
Now i have another concern 🙈 should i wait for Biometric Permanent Card or status is linked to my BRP(valid until 2022)? Any idea guys?
Just wait for BRC, you should receive in 10 workdays at it says on letter.

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:47 am

daddyzico wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 am
NeNe26 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:19 am
daddyzico wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm
NeNe26 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:57 pm
I am over the Moon 🙀 yeeeessss... 💪🏻 While we were discussing here, i got my outcome on my email. I just checked it. I'have granted settled status this Morning. Wish you guys same fillings what i am having right now. Good luck all of you 😉
Congratulations! :P :P
I can't believe some of us have been waiting for over 5 months all cos we coulddn't furnish them with valid IDs of ex. Even though, these caseworkers could check EEA applications to ascertain or verify whether some of these EEA sponsors had applied before and granted their residence card/PR.
Thank you 🙏🏻 Ohh. You really waiting over the 5month? That is so long really. I applied on 25th of August. Coa received on 27th and today granted settled status. I provide them Ex's reference number when i applied.
Yes bruh/sis. I applied in April, got my COa in the first of week of May, didnt receive anything again until I contacted my MP and also emailed them in July and the HO emailed back asking for my ex's valid ID.

Unfortunately, I could only provide the expired ID and the 5 years residence card my ex had. Have no clue where my ex is now

In fact, my MP wanted to them to fast track it but they said they were making some enquiries so it couldn't be fast tracked.
Sorry to hear this. I think this is not fair, not everyone has still some relationship with Ex's. I am not having often contact with him but at least i have contact details and i know where he is so for me was not problem to provide them what they wanted. But not everyone is this lucky like me, so they must consider and think that families can break down so badly. Wish you positive end and hopefully will be soon. Good luck 😉
Thank you!

Hi Mate,

Any response from H/O ?

Thanks

msnawan
Newly Registered

Post by msnawan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:49 am

iibdii wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 pm
Congratulations NeNe and msawan so happy we started hearing that cases getting heard of with positive outcome.
Im chrcking my email every ten minutes even in middle of night 😂😂
One funny thing is my COA and evidence required emails were delivered in my spam folder, like one job Hotmail had to do.
11 days since evidence submitted and counting.
Don't you will get good news very soon.
Best wishes for all the applicants waiting for their decision. Please don't be impatient.

daddyzico
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by daddyzico » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:50 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:47 am

Hi Mate,

Any response from H/O ?

Thanks
Nope, nothing yet. I am just tired

melmar
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by melmar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:52 am

Hello there,

We received the letter from the Home Office at the end of May 2019, stating it can take up to 6 months, still haven't received or heard anything back... 4 months have passed already :(
A friend has sent in the visa application in August and received the residence card after 2 weeks.

How can that be?

And I was wondering if there were cases in the past an EEA visa application took longer then the 6 months, for example, due to a delay from the HO or is the Home Office obligated to give a yes or no answer within those 6 months?

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks a lot!

MrsNonEU
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by MrsNonEU » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 am

Hi,

Can anyone show me a draft of how they contacted their MP? Cause I am not sure what to say/write to my MP.

I am a wife of an EU citizen. My husband has a Settled Status but he applied in March and got his status by mid April. I have linked my application with his and applied for pre-settled status so,

My Timeline:
a) Application submitted: 21st July
b) Biometric: 31st July
c) CoA: ??
d) Status: ???

I have called the EU resolution centre numerous time and still got nothing, not even a CoA. Its been almost 2 months and I cant even start my job because of this because they keep asking for at least a CoA.

Joseph6
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Joseph6 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:37 am

Didn't contact my MP but was in a similar position to you and I called them again yesterday and said I was interviewing for a job and employer requested COA - they then gave me details of who to contact but also the lady on the phone was helpful and said she could see I'd been waiting over a month and would put a note on my case to escalate it.

Honestly it's so frustrating so email your MP but in the meantime keep phoning multiple times a day even and speak to multiple people because you may get through to someone who will escalate your case (who knows why the 40 phone calls I made before that didn't suggest escalating - seems to depend on who you get through to)

Good luck :(

My details:
Am non-EU spouse, EU spouse was granted settled status 16 Aug (1 days after applying)
Submitted my application for settled status: 16 Aug (I simply gave my NI number and they said it was sufficient proof of 5 years residence so my case should be simple)
Biometrics: 20 Aug
COA: pending
Settled status: Pending

What frustrates the heck out of me is a friend of the same nationality, exact same situation as me but a stay at home mom therefore no NI contribution history - submitted her application and had to submit 5 years worth of evidence of residence, got COA and settled status within 2 days. I can't fathom why, when we applied on the same day, hers was approved so quickly when it was more complicated and mine is pending

abbk000
Newly Registered

Post by abbk000 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi everyone

I’m new here and the comments gave me the courage to call the Resolution Centre.

I’m a non EEA family member. My husband and I made our application on 01/08/19. He made his then I made mine adding his application reference to mine.

He had to send his EU National ID and it was sent back a week later and his COA was emailed too.

For me my application was 01/08/19 and biometrics taken 05/08/19 and my COA was emailed to me immediately.

Neither I nor my husband has heard anything after that. I called this morning was put on hold for like 20 minutes and was eventually told my application is with a caseworker and I should ring back if I don’t hear anything in about 3 week :cry: :cry: Frustrating!!

Adnane2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adnane2015 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:33 pm

melmar wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:52 am
Hello there,

We received the letter from the Home Office at the end of May 2019, stating it can take up to 6 months, still haven't received or heard anything back... 4 months have passed already :(
A friend has sent in the visa application in August and received the residence card after 2 weeks.

How can that be?

And I was wondering if there were cases in the past an EEA visa application took longer then the 6 months, for example, due to a delay from the HO or is the Home Office obligated to give a yes or no answer within those 6 months?

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks a lot!
I've heard of deadlines 3 months otherwise people could log complaints with HO department & umbudman !
in my case waiting since June and they are still dead fish, calling just to hear all kind of excuses no concrete answer!
i

Yasir nisar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Yasir nisar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 pm

I have been following this forearm for a while and got a lot of useful information. My timeline may motivate many people. Here is my timeline
Applied: 15/04/2019
Biomatrics: 22/04/2019
COA: 29/04/2019
Asked for divorce certificate: 27/07/2019 and submited on the same day.
Did too many call. Involved MP as well.
My application was retained right kind of application.
Didn’t provide the present ex wife id. Just gave them the expired one.
Granted settle status: 18/09/2019

daddyzico
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by daddyzico » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Yasir nisar wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 pm
I have been following this forearm for a while and got a lot of useful information. My timeline may motivate many people. Here is my timeline
Congratulations!

Almost like my timeline and same situation as well. Hope for us all then.
Thanks for your update

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:46 pm

Yasir nisar wrote:

What documents did you send from your EX eu family member side ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Yasir nisar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Yasir nisar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:46 pm
Yasir nisar wrote:

What documents did you send from your EX eu family member side ?
I have provided Marriage certificate, divorce certificate, our bank statement, supporting letter ( mentioned all history of my visa applications and the reason why I can’t provide my ex id), my ex expired passport copy, my ex prevision license copy.

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Yasir nisar wrote:
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline.I am in a similar situation been waiting since July.

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kanuppal » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello guys,

This forum is really helpful and I have few questikn if anyone can spare some time to answer please.
Q1) I have come to uk 3 days back on eea family permit which is expiring in January 2020. I dont have any BRC and just wanted to ask that from where and how can I apply for BRC?
Q2) My wife is a german citizen and has been staying with me in canada for last 5 years. She also doesnt have any BRC. Does she also need to apply for it ?
Q3) How do we prove that we residence of UK ? I know we will be given pre settled status but what do we need to prove ?
Q4) As I am non eu citizen do I need to submit my passport by post?

Thank you very much
Kan

DrSSKhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by DrSSKhan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi guys, please guide me. I am searching for the correct home office's email address. The one on which I can write an email and request escalation of my pre-settlement status application due to my circumstances. Many people have done it but somehow they are reluctant to share it. I don't know why.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Rania Anwar
Newly Registered

Post by Rania Anwar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi
Anyone which document I can send them as a proof of 5 years I am non over 21 depend family member if any knows please tell me live with my parents.