ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement - Barclays "new" stamp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mpitillo
Brazil

ILR Set (O) - Form Questions and Confirmation of Documents

Post by mpitillo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the long post, but I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I hold a Tier 2 General Migrant work visa and I am completing my 5th year very soon. My plan is to apply for ILR with the help of the company I work for. Since I am still not within the 28 days allowed to initiate the online application, I have looked for the previous (physical) form, just so I can get familiar with the questions and requirements they will ask. I would expect that some of those might have changed, but based on that, I was wondering if you could help me clarifying a few questions I have from this form:

Section 6 - Immigration History

6.1. When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
Q- My Visa was issued in the 1st of September, but I've only entered the country on the 20th of September. Should I list for this question the 20th, or the 1st, even though it took me 19 days to come to the country?

6.7. What date was your last period of leave valid until?
Q- Is this the current expiration date of my 5 years work visa? I'm just confused with the question, because it asks as if my document has expired already? Or am I missing something here?

6.9. What evidence of leave has been provided?
Q- I can't find the option for "UK Visa" or something similar in the list. Which category should I select? The visa is "attached" to my "Passport". Should I pick "Passport" then, or is a visa considered "Travel document" instead?

Section 7 - Personal History

7.14. Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with the country where you were born.
Q- I have family ties with the country I was born at. Should I list individual ties, such as listening mother, father, sisters, cousins, aunts etc? Or all I have to do is write my Country's Name and simply "family ties" How specific do I have to be in this list?

Section 11 - Passport, Travel Document or National Identity Card

11.1.1. Which document are you providing?
Q- Similar question as the one above; what type of document does my Work Visa (Tier 2 General) fits with? Should I simply select "Passport", since the visa is attached to it, or would that fall under the "Travel Document" category?

Finally, my remaining questions is in regards to the full list of documents required for the ILR Set (O), under 5 years with a Tier 2 General Migrant Visa. Am I missing something from the list below?
  • Completed Set (O) Application Form
  • Life in the UK Test PASS Certificate
  • English Language Test: B1 SELT - GESE Grade 5 Pass Certificate
  • Personal bank statements for the past 6 months with UK Bank Stamps
  • Letter from employer confirming annual salary and continued employment
  • Letter from employer confirming absence (Business and paid holidays) in the last 5 years
  • Detailed breakdown of the absences endorsed by the Employer
  • Last 6 months Payslips and last year's P60 endorsed by the employer with Cover Letter
  • Identical photographs with full name on the back, attached with Section 1 on the form
  • Police Registration Certificate
  • Letter of Explanation describing reason why I delayed reporting new Address Update to Police Registration
  • Current & Old Passports with Tier 2 (General) Migrant Visa

Do I also need the following, or is this not a requirement?
  • Employment Agreement (Initial Job Contract) from Employer
  • Letter from Employer indicating Alteration to Contract Terms (Salary Increases)
  • Tenancy Agreements
  • Marriage Certificate (Even though my partner is British and I am not applying through him?)
I've also read online that "For the period BEFORE you were granted leave as a Tier 2 Migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules". Is this still the case? What sort of document can I provide here? Everything was dealt by the Employer, when I first got this Visa 5 years ago.

Thank you so much for your time and patience helping me out!

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Set (O) - Form Questions and Confirmation of Documents

Post by aman90 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Run a dummy application!

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:53 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:20 pm
Run a dummy application!
Thanks for the reply, aman. I might try that out later, if that's an option. Do you mean to run a dummy application by creating a placeholder account? Is that recommended?

Either way, I still wouldn't know for sure how to answer to the questions I've listed above...

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 pm

mpitillo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:53 pm
aman90 wrote:
Run a dummy application!
Thanks for the reply, aman. I might try that out later, if that's an option. Do you mean to run a dummy application by creating a placeholder account? Is that recommended?

Either way, I still wouldn't know for sure how to answer to the questions I've listed above...
Are you for real? Yes! Enter random answers initially and edit the answers later.. and then submit. Or sign up with a new account altogether. The account ceases to exist after 8 or 12 weeks.
Make a note of the questions that bother you.
It’s possible that some of these questions won’t be there and I’m pretty sure your gonna be in for a shocker when you use the online form.. the questions are by far more invasive.. good luck!

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:40 pm

mpitillo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:20 pm

6.1. When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
Q- My Visa was issued in the 1st of September, but I've only entered the country on the 20th of September. Should I list for this question the 20th, or the 1st, even though it took me 19 days to come to the country?

Not a trick question! The exact day you entered UK!

6.7. What date was your last period of leave valid until?
Q- Is this the current expiration date of my 5 years work visa? I'm just confused with the question, because it asks as if my document has expired already? Or am I missing something here?

Yes

6.9. What evidence of leave has been provided?
Q- I can't find the option for "UK Visa" or something similar in the list. Which category should I select? The visa is "attached" to my "Passport". Should I pick "Passport" then, or is a visa considered "Travel document" instead?

Passport- probably yes
Travel document- definitely NOT, you didn’t lose ur passport and was issued an emergency document for travel

Section 7 - Personal History

7.14. Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with the country where you were born.
Q- I have family ties with the country I was born at. Should I list individual ties, such as listening mother, father, sisters, cousins, aunts etc? Or all I have to do is write my Country's Name and simply "family ties" How specific do I have to be in this list?

Family, Relatives, friends, colleagues, city, language, religion..
not a very important question. The above should suffice.

Section 11 - Passport, Travel Document or National Identity Card

11.1.1. Which document are you providing?
Q- Similar question as the one above; what type of document does my Work Visa (Tier 2 General) fits with? Should I simply select "Passport", since the visa is attached to it, or would that fall under the "Travel Document" category?

Passport

Finally, my remaining questions is in regards to the full list of documents required for the ILR Set (O), under 5 years with a Tier 2 General Migrant Visa. Am I missing something from the list below?
  • Letter from employer confirming absence (Business and paid holidays) in the last 5 years
  • Last 6 months Payslips and last year's P60 endorsed by the employer with Cover Letter
  • Identical photographs with full name on the back, attached with Section 1 on the form
  • Letter of Explanation describing reason why I delayed reporting new Address Update to Police Registration

• Letter from Employer indicating Alteration to Contract Terms (Salary Increases)
  • Tenancy Agreements
  • Marriage Certificate (Even though my partner is British and I am not applying through him?)
I've also read online that "For the period BEFORE you were granted leave as a Tier 2 Migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules". Is this still the case? What sort of document can I provide here? Everything was dealt by the Employer, when I first got this Visa 5 years ago.

Nothing. Ur previous visa should suffice.

Thank you so much for your time and patience helping me out!

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:36 am

aman90 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 pm
mpitillo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:53 pm
aman90 wrote:
Run a dummy application!

Are you for real? Yes! Enter random answers initially and edit the answers later.. and then submit. Or sign up with a new account altogether. The account ceases to exist after 8 or 12 weeks.
Make a note of the questions that bother you.
It’s possible that some of these questions won’t be there and I’m pretty sure your gonna be in for a shocker when you use the online form.. the questions are by far more invasive.. good luck!
Hey aman, thanks again for the reply. Yes, I am for real lol.
I wasn't aware that the account remains active for 8 or 12 weeks. I always thought that I could only start an online application 28 days before submitting it, but now it makes sense that I can start earlier, but only submit within the 28 days. I will start an application today to get an idea of it. Thanks for the heads up and for the Form Questions above.

In regards to my other questions for the different documents I have to provide, can you or someone else in this forum help me out? I will re-list in this new post just in case:

My current full list of documents required for the ILR Set (O), under 5 years with a Tier 2 General Migrant Visa. Am I missing something from the list below?

• Tenancy Agreements
Thank you so much everyone!

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:42 pm

I have now ran an application and will hopefully be able to use this one next month, when I submit it. Doing that was very helpful and did answer all the questions I've raised above. So thank you so much for recommending that, aman90. :D

I do have a new question now that I went through the proper application:
Under Travel History, how should I deal with scenarios where I have traveled to a couple of different countries as part of the same trip? The form asks to list any countries I have being at, including connections, but it only gives me the option to select ONE country, and only ONE date for when I have left and ONE for when I had come back to the UK.

Should I list the different countries individually, but repeating the same dates again, and adding a comment to say that it was part of the same trip? Or should I simply just enter the detail of the FIRST country I've visited on that given trip, even though then I will have to put the date I have came back from a different country?

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:52 pm

mpitillo wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:42 pm
I have now ran an application and will hopefully be able to use this one next month, when I submit it. Doing that was very helpful and did answer all the questions I've raised above. So thank you so much for recommending that, aman90. :D

Under Travel History, how should I deal with scenarios where I have traveled to a couple of different countries as part of the same trip? The form asks to list any countries I have being at, including connections, but it only gives me the option to select ONE country, and only ONE date for when I have left and ONE for when I had come back to the UK.

Should I list the different countries individually, but repeating the same dates again, and adding a comment to say that it was part of the same trip? Or should I simply just enter the detail of the FIRST country I've visited on that given trip, even though then I will have to put the date I have came back from a different country?

Thank you!
The entry date and exit date from UK is what matters.
Just mention the final destination and mention any transit countries in the “reason” section and mention the dates for that transit country/countries in that particular trip.

And yes you can save the same application. Make sure to “return to application” every time you exit the application so it saves any edits and sends you the link in your email. If I am correct, if you dont log in again within 6 weeks of inactivity the application will be deleted by default.

Note: Only pay and submit when you are within 28 days to do so.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:59 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:52 pm
mpitillo wrote:

Thank you!
Just mention the final destination and mention any transit countries in the “reason” section and mention the dates for that transit country/countries in that particular trip.
Note: One trip is when you exit UK and enter back to UK.
Thanks for your reply.

So, using as an example one of my "multi-country" trip:

I have left UK on the 23 March 2019 to go first to Portugal, and then to Spain. On the 23rd I left UK and landed in Portugal. Spent 4 days there, and then traveled from Portugal to Spain, where I spent another 4 days in Spain, finally returning back to the UK on the 30th. During this "one trip", I've being in two different countries for more than a couple of days.

So, right now in my form, I've entered "two individual trips", listing Portugal from 23 March to 30 March; and then Spain also from 23 March to 30 March. And in both I've listed under "reason" section that I've visited both countries as part of the same trip. Am I doing this wrong then?

Using you explanation above, would you recommend me only adding "Portugal" as the "main country", listing the whole trip there (23rd - 30th), even though I didn't return from Portugal when I was back to the UK? And then in the "reason" section I can notify that as part of the trip I also being in Spain? I just want to make sure that the Home Office doesn't count my absences twice here, since I am listing twice, but using the same dates.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:25 pm

mpitillo wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:59 pm
tier11417 wrote:
mpitillo wrote:

Thank you!
Thanks for your reply.

I have left UK on the 23 March 2019 to go first to Portugal, and then to Spain. On the 23rd I left UK and landed in Portugal. Spent 4 days there, and then traveled from Portugal to Spain, where I spent another 4 days in Spain, finally returning back to the UK on the 30th. During this "one trip", I've being in two different countries for more than a couple of days.

So, right now in my form, I've entered "two individual trips", listing Portugal from 23 March to 30 March; and then Spain also from 23 March to 30 March. And in both I've listed under "reason" section that I've visited both countries as part of the same trip. Am I doing this wrong then?

Using you explanation above, would you recommend me only adding "Portugal" as the "main country", listing the whole trip there (23rd - 30th), even though I didn't return from Portugal when I was back to the UK? And then in the "reason" section I can notify that as part of the trip I also being in Spain? I just want to make sure that the Home Office doesn't count my absences twice here, since I am listing twice, but using the same dates.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Exit from UK 23rd
Entry to UK 30th
Final destination Spain
Transit country in reason section: Portugal 23-27th

If you are listing it twice as you mentioned in fact you are listing double the days.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:29 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:25 pm
mpitillo wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:59 pm
tier11417 wrote:
mpitillo wrote:

Thank you!
Thanks for your reply.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Exit from UK 23rd
Entry to UK 30th
Final destination Spain
Transit country in reason section: Portugal 23-27th

If you are listing it twice as you mentioned in fact you are listing double the days.
You are a legend! Thank you for the help and patience. ;)

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Moderator has asked me to bring my other question from a different thread to this one, even though the subject is different from the one in the title. So here it go...

Hello there,

I will have to provide my "Police Registration Certificate", when sending my application for ILR - Set (O) Tier 2 General Migrant. When going through my old documents to find this certificate, I've realized that I should have informed the Police 3 years ago of my latest home address change. I was completely unaware of it, but of course this is my fault. My plan is to go to the Police this coming week and explain everything and see if I can get it added into my Certificate.

What I was wondering is if any of you have gone through a similar situation, and did it affect your ILR application at all?

I was thinking on including an attachment letter to my application (in addition to the "hopefully" updated Certificate), explaining my situation and apologizing for it. Do you know of any good template for a letter, such as this one? I want to make sure that I can cover all expectations.

I've heard that sometimes in this situation, the Police can "stamp" something into this Certificate, as a "warning" so that doesn't happen again. This makes me wonder if this stamp indeed happens to me, would I need to change my form under "Convictions and other penalties" and select the option "A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" for the delay I had informing the change of address to the police? I am really worried that this innocent mistake will affect my application.

Thank you for your time!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:09 am

Minor issues like this should not affect ILR. Just get the document updated. A potential warning notice on the certificate is NOT the same as a 'A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty' issued by the police when someone commits a criminal offence. Failure to update your certificate is NOT a criminal offence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:17 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:09 am
Minor issues like this should not affect ILR. Just get the document updated. A potential warning notice on the certificate is NOT the same as a 'A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty' issued by the police when someone commits a criminal offence. Failure to update your certificate is NOT a criminal offence
Thank you so much! This takes a weight off my shoulders. Tomorrow I will know better the outcome of it.

Would you still recommend me writing down a Letter of Explanation/Apology letter and include it to my ILR application, to explain why the late date shown in the Police Registration Certificate is different than the date I actually moved addresses? Is there any type of template for this sort of letter?

Thank you!!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:12 pm

No need for such letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Hello everyone,

Is “Proof of Continuous Residency” (e.g.: Council Tax) and “3-6 months Payslip, Bank Statements and P60” still a requirement for set (o) under Tier 2 General?

I can’t seem to find this requirement listed in the application online, but have seen many people describing it as necessary. From the form, I can only see them asking for last month’s Payslip and Statement. But no mention of P60 and Proof of Continuous Residency. Has this changed?

Thank you for your time!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:39 pm

Is “Proof of Continuous Residency” (e.g.: Council Tax) and “3-6 months Payslip, Bank Statements and P60” still a requirement for set (o) under Tier 2 General?
Your passport is sufficient. Council tax etc was never a requirement. P60s are not required. Your last payslip and corresponding bank statement is required to prove you meet the salary requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:39 pm
Your passport is sufficient. Council tax etc was never a requirement. P60s are not required. Your last payslip and corresponding bank statement is required to prove you meet the salary requirement.
Awesome! Thank you so much for the reply! ;)

mpitillo
Brazil

Bank Statement - Barclays "new" stamp

Post by mpitillo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I am planning to submit my ILR application this coming Thursday, 19th of September. I went to Barclays today to collect my bank statements and when I asked for the physical stamps, they said that they no longer do that, since the self-serve machine already prints it out the statements with a version of the stamp, showing the date, time and the banks code number. This is the first time I see this, as in the past I had the "normal" physical stamp, so I would like to confirm with anyone from the forum if this will be accepted as part of my application? See the image below for an example of what I meant. I highlighted in red the important bits.

Would this statement be allowed? Note that the stamp was already there when printed from the machine.

Finally, one last question: This statement is from 5th August to 5th September, where my last salary got deposited into my account on the 30th August, and my application date will be submitted on the 19th September. Is this statement enough, or should I also include the current details of the active month of September (up to today, 17th), even though my salary will not be presented on it and it wouldn't be the full month statement?

Thank you for your time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Bank Statement - Barclays "new" stamp

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:16 pm

mpitillo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:50 pm
Hello everyone,

I am planning to submit my ILR application this coming Thursday, 19th of September. I went to Barclays today to collect my bank statements and when I asked for the physical stamps, they said that they no longer do that, since the self-serve machine already prints it out the statements with a version of the stamp, showing the date, time and the banks code number. This is the first time I see this, as in the past I had the "normal" physical stamp, so I would like to confirm with anyone from the forum if this will be accepted as part of my application? See the image below for an example of what I meant. I highlighted in red the important bits.

Would this statement be allowed? Note that the stamp was already there when printed from the machine.

Finally, one last question: This statement is from 5th August to 5th September, where my last salary got deposited into my account on the 30th August, and my application date will be submitted on the 19th September. Is this statement enough, or should I also include the current details of the active month of September (up to today, 17th), even though my salary will not be presented on it and it wouldn't be the full month statement?

Thank you for your time.
You can simply download the statement from your online banking. With the new system, the evidence can be originals or copies.
The barclays kiosk statements are fine also.

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:26 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:16 pm
mpitillo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:50 pm
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your time.
You can simply download the statement from your online banking. With the new system, the evidence can be originals or copies.
The barclays kiosk statements are fine also.
Thanks for the reply!

So the example shown in the picture is acceptable? Even though it doesn't use a proper physical stamp, but an automatic one from the self-service machine?

Thank you!

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:01 am

It’s fine.
No.. I don’t believe the bank statement needs to be submitted to date.. but should be within a month of applying. Nobody is that free.
In case you get ur biometrics appointment sometime in October.. add the new statement and payslip for ur peace of mind.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 am

I hope you have correctly calculated ur continuous residence period.

mpitillo
Brazil

Post by mpitillo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 am

aman90 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:01 am
It’s fine.
No.. I don’t believe the bank statement needs to be submitted to date.. but should be within a month of applying. Nobody is that free.
In case you get ur biometrics appointment sometime in October.. add the new statement and payslip for ur peace of mind.
Thank you so much for the reply. I will just upload this statement from 5th August to 5th September then. And if my appointment is way later in October, I will bring with me a more up to date version of it (even though I believe that it is the application date that matters, no?).

I also hope that I have correctly calculated my continuous residence period haha! :P Cheers.

mpitillo
Brazil

Uploading files on Sopra UKVCAS without specific instructions

Post by mpitillo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:15 am

Hello everyone,

I have just booked my appointment for tomorrow and am going through the process of uploading all of my Mandatory and Optional Documents now. However, the GOV.UK website is currently experiencing issues with their downloadable document checklist, so all I have is the previous "generic" information shown under the "Documents" section.

I was wondering if I could confirm whereabouts I should upload a few of my files on UKVCAS page?

Categories shown for Mandatory are:
- Other
- Proof of Application

Categories shown for Optional are:
- Residence in the UK
- Finances
- Proof of Business
- Life Events
- Medical Information
- Sponsors / Employment
- Proof of Identity / Travel History
- Educational

Questions:
1. Where should I upload "Life in the UK Test Pass notification" and "Language Test Certificate"? Would that be under "Residence in the UK", in Optional?
2. Where should I upload any of my letters from employer, such as "Reasons for absences"? Would that be under "Sponsors / Employment", in Optional?

Thank you so much for your time!