ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen Returning to UK- Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

faithdemirovic
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

British Citizen Returning to UK- Spouse Visa

Post by faithdemirovic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:50 am

Hi,
Thank you in advance for your replies.

My wife and my son are British citizens. We are married for 8 years, and my son is 5 years old.

We are planing to move UK to live. But currently we are settled in Turkey. I will apply with our cash savings which will be enough to meet financial requirement. I have a bachelor degree which is thought in English, with Naric I will prove my English.

My question is about accommodation. We do not want my wife and my son to move UK before me, can we apply without my family move there before application.

Why I am asking that is we have a house Turkey, my child goes to school here in Turkey. If they move there I have to send furniture and other staff to UK. So I will not be able to live in our current house in Turkey, which will create extra costs for us. Also they have to wait for my visa approve. And it is always possible that I may get a refuse. So they may have to come back in that situation.

My wife has British relatives in UK, can I take a letter from them which claim that we can stay in their house until we find a new house to rent to live after I join them. They have a 4 room house, and they live there currently 2 adults and 2 kid ( 4 and 6 years old). If this is possible what documents I should ask from my wife’s relatives.
Does my wife has to go UK, and declare her address there ( adding her name to council tax e.t.c) before I apply?
If she has to be there during my application, can she just make settlement ( change her address to UK address, inform local authority that she is now leaving in UK) and than come back to Turkey to wait my application to approved .
Our goal is to apply for family visa from abroad, and after approval to move UK all together . I hope this is possible.
Thank you again for your help

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: British Citizen Returning to UK- Spouse Visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 am

Hello

You can read this post:

general-uk-immigration-forum/british-ci ... 55740.html

All the conditions are outlined there

faithdemirovic
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by faithdemirovic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:47 am

Thank you Zerubbabel,

I checked the post. about accomandation the answer was "you must submit proof of adequate accommodation which will be available on your wife's arrival in the UK with the visa application"

I try to learn if my wife ( British citizen- sponsor) has to be there during my application process.

If I arrange a house in UK ( my wife's relative's house which is big enough for overcrowding issue) take a letter from the landlord ( relative) to claim that we can stay at their house until we find a new house , Can I apply for spouse visa even when my wife is in Turkey with me.

Our goal is to apply for family visa from abroad, and after approval to move UK all together if possible.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:52 am

I try to learn if my wife ( British citizen- sponsor) has to be there during my application process.
No.
If I arrange a house in UK ( my wife's relative's house which is big enough for overcrowding issue) take a letter from the landlord ( relative) to claim that we can stay at their house until we find a new house , Can I apply for spouse visa even when my wife is in Turkey with me.
Fine. You will need evidence of ownership or tenancy agreement, council tax and copy of the family ID probably and possibly a housing inspection report to prove the property won't be overcrowded. If the family are tenants, then you will need a letter from the family's landlord giving permission for you to live there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faithdemirovic
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by faithdemirovic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 am

Thank you CR001,

I understand she does not has to be in UK during application, which is good news for us.

Does my wife has to register herself to the local authority that she has started to live in UK in that address? Should I provide "council tax" on her name?

Or I will declare evidence of ownership of house ( my relative's ownership document), council tax which is on my wife's relative's names, letter from relatives, housing inspection report. My wife's addresses will be still in Turkey during the application.

My wife does not has a NHS number currently, will it be asked during the application? She has a British passport, but she have never lived in UK . Every year she is visiting her relatives, but did not need an NHS number.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:29 am

Does my wife has to register herself to the local authority that she has started to live in UK in that address? Should I provide "council tax" on her name?
No!
Or I will declare evidence of ownership of house ( my relative's ownership document), council tax which is on my wife's relative's names, letter from relatives, housing inspection report. My wife's addresses will be still in Turkey during the application.
Yes
My wife does not has a NHS number currently, will it be asked during the application? She has a British passport, but she have never lived in UK . Every year she is visiting her relatives, but did not need an NHS number.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faithdemirovic
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by faithdemirovic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:31 am

Thank you again