ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Next Month - Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lonare
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application Next Month - Help

Post by lonare » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:53 am

Hi I am thinking of applying for my naturalisation soon.

I will satisfy the fundamental requirements of ILR+12 months end of October 2019.

My question is if I fill the online form now and take a biometric appointment for let say 24th of October then will it work?

Or should I wait till 24th of October and then fill the form online and submit my application.

Because in theory my 12 months requirement will be fulfilled on 24th of October.

Just curious to know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application Next Month - Help

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:55 am

My question is if I fill the online form now and take a biometric appointment for let say 24th of October then will it work?
No. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online. You must meet the requirements on this date. Your date of appointment is irrelevant, it is just a third party appointment for ID check and biometrics.
Or should I wait till 24th of October and then fill the form online and submit my application.
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.