ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seperating from husband need advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flow123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Seperating from husband need advice

Post by flow123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 am

Hi

I am seperating from my husband, he is from abroad so is on spouse visa. We have 2 children, that are 1 and 2. My husband has been in the country for 3 years. Tbh, he doesnt really look after his children for not even one day by himself and has not attended one appointment. Could he apply for the parent visa? What are his chances of him remaining in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Seperating from husband need advice

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:30 am

Yes he could apply for FLR(FP) parent visa if he meets the requirements and has the supporting evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flow123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by flow123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks for replying. Tbh he doesnt play an active role in the childrens lives as he is always working. I have to nag him to help me look after them. So would I be able to provide a statement that he doesnt play an active role in the childrens lives'

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:04 am

I doubt he would be willing to include such a statement with his application. It would up to him to demonstrate ongoing parental responsibility in order to try and get this visa, not for you to try and prove the opposite. Deciding whether an applicant meets the requirements is the responsibility of UKVI and not anyone else.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.