ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (From Tier 2) online application form SET (o) question.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ab713

ILR (from tier 2)

Post by ab713 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:05 pm

Hello All,

First of all I want to say thank you to this forum for providing a platform to solve our immigration queries.

I have a tier 2 general visa. It will expire 4th November, 2019. After reading through the post, I understand I can apply for ILR 28 days before the expiry. I can apply from 7th October, 2019. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most of my questions were answered already in others post but there are few other questions which I couldn't find the answer for.
1. What is the easiest way to book an appointment with home office? I am confused with SOPRA Steria system. Can anyone help me with this? I just want to book my appointment for 7th October. How can I do that ONLINE?

2. How many days in advance can I book the appointment for 7th October? I have read people saying its hard to find appointments so I want to ensure that I have booked it well in advance.

3. Will I get Indefinite leave to remain on the same day or before 4th November? I am not intending to take any premium service so would like to know how much time it will take to get the ILR?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (from tier 2)

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:27 pm

I have a tier 2 general visa. It will expire 4th November, 2019. After reading through the post, I understand I can apply for ILR 28 days before the expiry. I can apply from 7th October, 2019. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes if that is within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your tier 2 initial visa start date.
1. What is the easiest way to book an appointment with home office? I am confused with SOPRA Steria system. Can anyone help me with this? I just want to book my appointment for 7th October. How can I do that ONLINE?
You book an appointment as part of the online application process. You cannot book an appointment independently before that.
2. How many days in advance can I book the appointment for 7th October? I have read people saying its hard to find appointments so I want to ensure that I have booked it well in advance.
You book as part of the online application. Application date is the date you submit and pay online, which must be within the 28 days before period. Date of appointment is irrelevant.
3. Will I get Indefinite leave to remain on the same day or before 4th November? I am not intending to take any premium service so would like to know how much time it will take to get the ILR?
If successful, you get ILR from the date it is approved. If you use standard service, it takes up to 8 weeks and sometimes up to 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ab713

Post by ab713 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

So If I understand it correctly, I need to book via: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk, fill the application and then book the appointment on same website. is that how it is?

As you mentioned it takes 8 weeks to 6 months: Can I travel in this period out of the UK? Will I have the passport?

Regards
Anup

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:27 pm

So If I understand it correctly, I need to book via: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk, fill the application and then book the appointment on same website. is that how it is?
You apply online using form SET O. To book the appointment it is at the end of the application process. It will tell you what to do.
As you mentioned it takes 8 weeks to 6 months: Can I travel in this period out of the UK? Will I have the passport?
Yea you will have your passport but you cannot travel out of the UK as your application will be considered withdrawn if you do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ab713

Post by ab713 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:56 am

thank you!

ab713

ILR (From Tier 2) online application form SET (o) question.

Post by ab713 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello All,

Most of my questions are answered on this forum. Thanks to helpful users on this website.

I used https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk to make an online application.

1. In the form it asks for SOC code. 5 years ago my SOC code was 2136. My job role is same but salary increased due to promotions. Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum salary limit for the SOC code? I can see the minimum salary but cannot see the maximum salary threshold for this SOC code. I want to confirm so that I am absolutely sure my salary is compliant with this SOC code.

2. Documents:
In the form it asks for Consent:
a. I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
b. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
c. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the other joint customers on an account with a bank or utility company
d. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

I am single applicant who is applying for ILR. No dependents. I am having a bank account only in my name. In my opinion, I should have
a. Yes
b. No
c. No
d. No

Does this look correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (From Tier 2) online application form SET (o) question.

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:26 pm

1. In the form it asks for SOC code. 5 years ago my SOC code was 2136. My job role is same but salary increased due to promotions. Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum salary limit for the SOC code? I can see the minimum salary but cannot see the maximum salary threshold for this SOC code. I want to confirm so that I am absolutely sure my salary is compliant with this SOC code.
You need to meet the ILR salary threshold OR what is stated in your SOC, whichever is HIGHER. There is no 'maximum SOC salary'.

Please can you also keep ALL your questions on the same application in one thread, topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ab713

Post by ab713 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:32 pm

CR001: Thanks for answering and merging and apologies for creating a new question.

Can you help me with the following question on SET(O) form

2. Documents:
In the form it asks for Consent:
a. I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
b. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
c. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the other joint customers on an account with a bank or utility company
d. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

I am single applicant who is applying for ILR. No dependents. I am having a bank account only in my name. In my opinion, I should have. Is this correct?
a. Yes
b. No
c. No
d. No

ab713

Post by ab713 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi All,

Another question: Due to promotion my salary has increased. If my employer has not updated the Home office portal with the new salary in the COS, will that be an issue for ILR application?

ab713

Post by ab713 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Can anyone please respond.

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:27 am

ab713 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:46 pm
Hi All,

Another question: Due to promotion my salary has increased. If my employer has not updated the Home office portal with the new salary in the COS, will that be an issue for ILR application?
It should not be a problem. Just tell the employer to state your current salary on the Letter.
I had a pay rise which was not reported. I got my ILR.
ab713 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:32 pm

I am single applicant who is applying for ILR. No dependents. I am having a bank account only in my name. In my opinion, I should have. Is this correct?
a. Yes
b. No
c. No
d. No
Sign Yes for the "I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks" and Not applicable for the others.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

ab713

Post by ab713 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 am

Thank you very much!

ab713

Post by ab713 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi Again,

My basic salary is more than the minimum threshold. In the form, do I need to mention only the basic salary or I need to mention car allowance, bonus (yearly) etc? My Payslip will show car allowance, hence worried if Home office will see discrepancies if they compare it with my form.

ab713

Post by ab713 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Can anyone please respond?

ab713

Post by ab713 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:15 am

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me confirm on what should I fill in : When did you first enter the UK? Should this be the date from when I came on Tier 2 general visa? I did my Masters in the UK and I actually entered UK September-2012 but my Tier 2 sponsored general visa started from 10th November, 2014

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:51 am

ab713 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:15 am
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me confirm on what should I fill in : When did you first enter the UK? Should this be the date from when I came on Tier 2 general visa? I did my Masters in the UK and I actually entered UK September-2012 but my Tier 2 sponsored general visa started from 10th November, 2014
The day you first came to the UK. It is self explanatory
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ab713

Post by ab713 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:55 am

Yes it is self explanatory but there is one note mentioned:
When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

I was on a student visa. I entered UK on 1st September,2012 but my tier 2 general visa started on 10th November,2014. If I based my application based on this then I can apply for ILR on 7th October,2019.

Am I overthinking?

ab713

Post by ab713 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:00 am

@zimba:

Looks like I found the answer from your previous post on this link: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-online-f ... l#p1711177

Date is actually when I switch to Tier 2 general. Is that correct?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:10 am

It actually does not matter. Whatever date you put, your application will be unaffected by it so you may see me telling people to put a date they are comfortable with :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ab713

Post by ab713 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:19 am

ab713 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm
Hi Again,

My basic salary is more than the minimum threshold. In the form, do I need to mention only the basic salary or I need to mention car allowance, bonus (yearly) etc? My Payslip will show car allowance, hence worried if Home office will see discrepancies if they compare it with my form.
@Zimba: Thank you for your response. Do you mind explaining me on what should I do for the above point? I understand there is no maximum salary threshold for SOC codes. I will be submitting my payslip. So if I mention the gross salary (Basic + Car allowance) Do you think thats OK? or it should be only basic. My salary threshold is more than the minimum required for ILR

Also, if I pay the money with the online form. It looks like it takes 8 weeks to 6 months. Do you know if that is the current timelines or the duration has increased or decreased?

If I have to pay for premium service? Where should I apply for that? As I have not submitted my application so not sure about it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am

It does not matter. HO will only care about your gross salary.
The standard service is 6 months but in reality you can expect a 2-4 months on average turnaround.
You can apply for a 24h super priority service that costs an extra £800 when you are about to pay and submit

ab713

Post by ab713 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am
It does not matter. HO will only care about your gross salary.
The standard service is 6 months but in reality you can expect a 2-4 months on average turnaround.
You can apply for a 24h super priority service that costs an extra £800 when you are about to pay and submit
@zimba: Thanks.

So after my research it looks like for super priority it is £800, If I want a decision in 5 days it is £500. am I correct? Here is the link: https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

Is it is actually 1 day with super priority and 5 days for priority? Are you aware of realistic processing time for priority service?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:36 pm

I am not sure a priority service is offered, it seems to be only super priority.
Again you will see your options when you want to pay online !!!
We have a timeline post: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html

ab713

Post by ab713 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:36 pm

thanks!

ab713

Post by ab713 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi Again,

You were right, There is only standard and super priority service. I can see the option in online form now as I have completed all the steps.

Do you know if it will be an issue if my employer pays the fees for my application? As I cannot see the next option in the form, Do I get any bank account number to send the money or it asks for credit card? My employer is happy to pay the fees for my application but just wanted to confirm there any option that allows someone else to pay for the fees.

Thanks in advance for your response.