ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa as I am self employed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UA2015

Spouse visa as I am self employed

Post by UA2015 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:16 am

Dear members,
I will be very great full If someone can help me regarding spouse visa from Pakistan for my wife. I got Nikah ( Islamic marriage) last month and proper wedding ( Rukhsti) will be held in January.
My wife had booked her A1 listening & speaking and also TB test as well. I will be applying online from Uk.
I’m self employed from last five years and my earnings are around 22k. Kindly can someone tell me that if I’m
Paying 5k tax etc out of 22k so it’s left 17k, is this a problem or not? Does your income have to be more than 18500£ After pay your tax, if it’s less after you pay your tax dues will that be still match with home office requirements?

Also can I apply spouse visa for my wife even it’s just Nikah ? She haven’t move in with me as this will happen in January. We have pictures of Nikah and also in restaurant for dinner etc, also what’s app chat and calls etc, I want to apply because as soon as In January she leave her parents home and move with me, we will fly to Uk as she will have her visa before that( if I apply now). Or shall I wait until January and apply after ?
Also as self employed, how long bank statement I have to provide? Is it 6 months ? ( as per other posts for employed people)
Also I will get copies of my tax return from HMRC, so one last year should be enough or should I provide all last 5 years?
She will send me all original papers and I will submit them from here. I was reading on other posts that they don’t need there in Pakistan if I will submit them here online or in person? In Pakistan they only need application form and her passport? Am I right?
Will appreciate your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa as I am self employed

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:27 am

you can read about the self employment at following official guidance page 58-65
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

Preferably apply when your wife starts living with you with more subsisting relationship evidences despite your nikkah ceremony is a legal marriage and will be valid for visa purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UA2015

Post by UA2015 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:49 am

Thank you Seagul.

UA2015

Spouse visa, travel during application, loan and tenancy

Post by UA2015 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:28 am

UA2015 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:49 am
Thank you Seagul.
Hi can you please assist me with these questions.

1. Can I ( sponsor) travel while my wife spouse visa in process?
2. I also have taken a loan and paying it back. Credit history is good too, will that make any difference in decision?
3. Marriage certificate need to be attested from Pakistan? It’s nadra English original copy and other one in Urdu.
4. I will be renting a flat and apart from tenancy agreement, do I still need landlord letter to mention that my wife can live here if she get visa etc?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa, travel during application, loan and tenancy

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:52 pm

UA2015 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:28 am
UA2015 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:49 am
Thank you Seagul.
Hi can you please assist me with these questions.

1. Can I ( sponsor) travel while my wife spouse visa in process?
2. I also have taken a loan and paying it back. Credit history is good too, will that make any difference in decision?
3. Marriage certificate need to be attested from Pakistan? It’s nadra English original copy and other one in Urdu.
4. I will be renting a flat and apart from tenancy agreement, do I still need landlord letter to mention that my wife can live here if she get visa etc?

Thank you
1. Yes
2. No
3. If issued by nadra/union council then no need to further translate/attest/certify from anywhere
4. Yes NOC letter. If possible then attach council tax bill (optional)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UA2015

Post by UA2015 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Thank you so much. You been great help. 🙏

UA2015

Different address and priority service

Post by UA2015 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi,
Kindly can you help me with these questions please.

1. I will move to new address in first week of November and will apply for spouse visa as wel that tome. All my documents will have my current addresses rather new address as it will not be possible to change address on all my documents in short time. Will that be issue for spouse visa ? Or it’s ok as long as I mention in cover letter and also attach Royal Mail direction?

2. Can I also add money transfer receipt as well which I send to my wife ?

3. Would I be able to book priority services online or my wife have to pay fee when she visit for biometrics ?

4. VAF4A appendix 2. Financial. I heard that I don’t have to submit that if I apply via some certain website. Is it true ? If yes which site is that please?

Thank you very much.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Different address and priority service

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:26 pm

UA2015 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:39 pm
Hi,
Kindly can you help me with these questions please.

1. I will move to new address in first week of November and will apply for spouse visa as wel that tome. All my documents will have my current addresses rather new address as it will not be possible to change address on all my documents in short time. Will that be issue for spouse visa ? Or it’s ok as long as I mention in cover letter and also attach Royal Mail direction?

2. Can I also add money transfer receipt as well which I send to my wife ?

3. Would I be able to book priority services online or my wife have to pay fee when she visit for biometrics ?

4. VAF4A appendix 2. Financial. I heard that I don’t have to submit that if I apply via some certain website. Is it true ? If yes which site is that please?

Thank you very much.
1. In covering letter give your new address and also redirect your old address through royal mail but remember BRP card will be sent through DX courier which wont be redirected if the UKVI wont follow your new address.

2. yes as proof of subsisting relationship

3. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/premi ... ority-visa

4. As a precaution just fill and attach it.

UA2015

Post by UA2015 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:07 am

Thank you very much Seagul.
Will do as you guided. That’s all, I believe I’m good to go now.
Thank you.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 am

UA,

VFA4A appendix is required if you are settled in the country, rather than a British born citizen. I know this, as I am also self employed and did not need to complete this form, since I am British.

UA2015

Post by UA2015 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 am

Thank you THO,

Will complete it surely as don’t wanna face any delay or problems etc.
Thank for the information.