ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR [fp] visa rejection

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mazim7777
Newly Registered
India

FLR [fp] visa rejection

Post by mazim7777 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:10 pm

I was on tier 4 student visa from 1st July 2017 to October 29 2018 in London. Before the expiry of my visa [that is on October 27 2018], I applied for FLR FP [further leave to remain].due to some issues I couldn't submit the supporting documents, as a result, my application got rejected and I received a letter from Home office that I have to return to India, as per the letter i voluntarily returned back to India within 21 days from the day I received the letter I left the UK on 29th April 2019.

After a lot of research I found that doing marketing course is a big plus for my career as I already done MBA and looking for a job in the marketing field. I would like to apply for MSC in marketing so Kindly let me know if I could apply for another student visa

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: FLR [fp] visa rejection

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 pm

What was the basis of your previous FLR application, and why are you not now applying on that basis rather than for a student visa?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mazim7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by mazim7777 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:59 pm

I had a girlfriend there and was planned to marry and apply for a dependent visa but we are not together anymore.so I no longer want to apply for any visa in that route. I have been applying jobs here in India but i understood juSt a general MBA from the UK cannot give you a job here in india. so this time I want to do a masters with specialization but I am really worried as I put another application In the Uk and it got rejected.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:39 am

mazim7777 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:59 pm
so this time I want to do a masters with specialization but I am really worried as I put another application In the Uk and it got rejected.
First, it depends whether your leave to remain application was rejected as invalid or refused under the immigration rules. You need to know which it is, because a rejection rather than refusal may mean you were in effect an overstayer since your Tier 4 leave expired, and hence you would have a 12-month entry clearance ban.

Otherwise, any university thinking of sponsoring you would need to be clear about this, and they would probably ask your consent for an immigration history check with the Home Office.

To apply for a CAS and then a Tier 4 visa both the university and the ECO would be need to be happy with your genuine intention to study. Given your previous and quite recent failed leave to remain application, they may just feel you want to move back to the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.