ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme - Surinder Singh Passport Return

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nikolaas
Newly Registered

EU Settlement Scheme - Surinder Singh Passport Return

Post by nikolaas » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Hey everyone!

I used to be quite active on here a couple of years ago but after getting a new laptop I have no idea what my old login is so here I am, with a new account :(

Anyway, I'm applying via the Surinder Singh route to the EU Settlement Scheme. I'm British and my Husband is Thai. The question is as follows:

Does anyone know if passports are returned before the biometric appointment or if you only receive passports back after a successful application? I've tried asking the HO and they can't give a definitive answer + the guidance for caseworkers makes no mention of document return in this case.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!
Nikolaas :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU Settlement Scheme - Surinder Singh Passport Return

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:33 pm

nikolaas wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm
I used to be quite active on here a couple of years ago but after getting a new laptop I have no idea what my old login is so here I am, with a new account :(
Useful to state what your old username was if you remember.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nikolaas
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaas » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:33 pm
nikolaas wrote:
That's the problem...I've sat for a good 10 mins and can't figure it out :roll: :oops:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 pm

nikolaas wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:34 pm
CR001 wrote:
nikolaas wrote:
That's the problem...I've sat for a good 10 mins and can't figure it out :roll: :oops:
Only asking as we need to make sure you are not a member who was banned and now trying to rejoin the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nikolaas
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaas » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 pm
nikolaas wrote:
CR001 wrote:
nikolaas wrote:
Only asking as we need to make sure you are not a member who was banned and now trying to rejoin the forum.
Ah...I understand. It might not help but I can promise that I wasn't banned, I just have a bad memory when it comes to usernames and passwords :lol:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:43 pm

nikolaas wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:37 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 pm
nikolaas wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Ah...I understand. It might not help but I can promise that I wasn't banned, I just have a bad memory when it comes to usernames and passwords :lol:
I will do a search on your email address and variations.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi.

I applied for settlement scheme (surinder singh) early this month. I received my biometric letter with my passport and my husband’s passport last week.

Not sure if this is the standard procedure.
Hope this answer your question xx

nikolaas
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaas » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:22 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm
Hi.

I applied for settlement scheme (surinder singh) early this month. I received my biometric letter with my passport and my husband’s passport last week.

Thanks for the info, it helps A LOT!

We have travel plans so we really need our passports ASAP after we submit the application.

Thanks again for your help :)

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:57 am

nikolaas wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:22 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi.

We have travel plans so we really need our passports ASAP after we submit the application.

I’m one of the first people to request paper application and received it in May but due to my travels plan in June and August, I decided to wait until I finished traveling. If you’re not in a hurry, maybe wait until you come back xx

nikolaas
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaas » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:38 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:57 am
nikolaas wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:22 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi.

I’m one of the first people to request paper application and received it in May but due to my travels plan in June and August, I decided to wait until I finished traveling. If you’re not in a hurry, maybe wait until you come back xx
Thanks for the tip :)

As Brexit's coming up really soon we want to get it all done before the 31st of October just in case. I know the official deadline isn't for a long time but we'd rather just get it sorted. I spoke with the HO today and they've now assured me that they return passports either with or before the biometric letter and that if the passports aren't returned within a few weeks we can call up and get them returned - result :)