ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sticky Situation :(((

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a667715
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Sticky Situation :(((

Post by a667715 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi everyone. I got into a sticky situation. Basically I was offered a job with a Tier 2 visa (general). They provided an immigration advisor for my tier 2 application. I went to the biometric centre as part of the application process. However, I have insufficient documents when I was there hence I asked to postpone my submission. On the same day, for some personal reasons, I have decided to decline their job offer and the visa application. Up to this point, I haven't signed any contract with the company. And when I told them I can't work for them anymore, they told me I don't have to pay back the money. I also called UKVI and they said my visa has been officially withdrawn. However, a few days ago, I received an email from my old company asking me for the money of the visa application because apparently they can't get the refund?

So my question is, does the company has any right to ask me for the money of visa application despite I have never signed any contract, paperwork with them? Is employee obligated to pay back the sponsor if he/she decided to decline the offer/ application? Thank you very much.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Sticky Situation :(((

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:00 am

a667715 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 pm
So my question is, does the company has any right to ask me for the money of visa application despite I have never signed any contract, paperwork with them? Is employee obligated to pay back the sponsor if he/she decided to decline the offer/ application?
Didn't you or your representative had filled the visa application form which you must have signed??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.