ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 kids born in uk (one of the parent got ILR)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

2 kids born in uk (one of the parent got ILR)

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:42 am

hi all members
i need your precious help with applying for my daughter’s naturalization
1. one daughter born November 2012 has LTR till April 2020 and Pakistan passport.
2nd. daughter born July 2015 just has uk birth certificate. i did not register her as Pakistani yet.
please advise what should i do to go ahead from here .
thanking in anticipation
Asg

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2 kids born in uk (one of the parent got ILR)

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 am

Mn1 form to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 am

If both are born in UK and one of their parents got ILR, you can register them both as British, and it i snot naturalization. It is called MN1 registration. You can apply online.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Thank you for your prompt relies.
i filled out one from for my elder daughter and fill all details as required but there is a problem with second two problem
1.she doesn’t have any nationality at the moment just birth certificate. online application form wouldn’t allow me to go ahead until i write nationality.
2. she was born in July 2015 at the same address. but online from ask me to write where was she before July 2015. what to do here please. she is 4 years and 2 months old
Reply would be highly appreciated thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Evicra wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:24 pm
Thank you for your prompt relies.
i filled out one from for my elder daughter and fill all details as required but there is a problem with second two problem
1.she doesn’t have any nationality at the moment just birth certificate. online application form wouldn’t allow me to go ahead until i write nationality.
2. she was born in July 2015 at the same address. but online from ask me to write where was she before July 2015. what to do here please. she is 4 years and 2 months old
Reply would be highly appreciated thank you
1. The child is a Pakistani so that is the nationality you put in. She assumes the same nationality as the parents.

2. If you can move on, then just ignore the extra address. HO do know the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:01 pm

thank you Cr001.
i have a question please. i need to go in December 2019 to Pakistan for my brother's wedding.
i can see that there are lots of documents asked to provide including passport of my daughter.
Q1. roughly how long it takes to get appointment and British citizenship please
2. would home office keep my daughter’s passport when she goes for appointment
3.Can she travels outside uk when application is under process
thankyou

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:29 pm

question

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

i am pakistani national . shell i say yes to it ? please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Evicra wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:29 pm
question

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

i am pakistani national . shell i say yes to it ? please
It is NO as you are NOT an EU or EU family member who following the EU route to PR. The question is quite clear.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Evicra wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:01 pm
thank you Cr001.
i have a question please. i need to go in December 2019 to Pakistan for my brother's wedding.
i can see that there are lots of documents asked to provide including passport of my daughter.
Q1. roughly how long it takes to get appointment and British citizenship please
2. would home office keep my daughter’s passport when she goes for appointment
3.Can she travels outside uk when application is under process
thankyou
1. How long it takes to get a UKCVAS appointment depends on what service you choose and where you live. Citizenship takes between 2 months and 6 months, often longer.

2. NO originals are submitted anymore. Everything is scanned and uploaded after you apply online.

3. Yes she can travel. Note however that your daughter born in 2015 will need a passport and will not be able to return to the UK if she doesn't have a visa or a British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:59 pm

thank you very much for your reply now at the end i get following message

Review your answers:(highlighted Red) wont let me go to next page

tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents
1. If Ms XXXXX told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.
(i am not British citizen so i didn’t tick for both daughter )
2. If Ms XXXXX told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

3. If Ms second daughter has a passport then provide this with your application. If second daughte does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.
the only id i have for her is her UK birth certificate so i did tick this one
Please advise Cr001 what to do here

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 pm

Dear Cr001

for a child one reference should be a professional engaged with the child in professional capacity. e.g teacher. health visitor SW o Minister of religion.
1.what if we cannot get this sort of reference or they are not willing to provide one. any other option please
2. i already filled two references and their details not knowing about professional reference requirement. so that means i have to edit and provide same details e.g passport number address etc of the professional person who agrees to give reference ?

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:16 pm

A question please.
can my 2nd daughter be classified as stateless? can she apply directly for uk passport as she has not held any nationality since birth in uk.
Just a question. As someone told me it is possible but I didn’t believe him so thought why not ask a question here please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Evicra wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:16 pm
A question please.
can my 2nd daughter be classified as stateless? can she apply directly for uk passport as she has not held any nationality since birth in uk.
Just a question. As someone told me it is possible but I didn’t believe him so thought why not ask a question here please
She is NOT stateless. She takes on the nationality of her parents. No she cannot apply directly for a British passport as she is not British and only a British citizen can apply for a British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Thank you Cr001

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:41 pm

hi all
i tried to get Professional reference from Teacher they said NO. Went to solicitor they said no.
any advice please.
who is family member according to UKBA ? i have one of my relative who is British and (My Aunt’s sister ins law’s son) he is director of VAT registered company and is British. can he be kids professional referee please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:43 pm

You cannot use a relative that is related to you either by blood or marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:52 pm

no one else is professionally engaged with my daughter's then. what should i do in this scenario please

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:27 pm

i filled out application form. when i clicked on book appointment page. it asked me a Unique application number i put my eldest daughter reference number in there. and it shows pay £200 and an appointment on Friday. i wonder how i am going to book appointment for my other daughter as there is no place to enter other reference number .

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:39 pm

it was for both. i wanted to delete top message but couldnt.