ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Monday313
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by Monday313 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:19 am

Hi I have been having a problem in obtaining a bank statment to show I have the required funds within 31 days before my application, as NatWest been having a problem with the system to produce a bank statment for me the past 2 weeks.

I was thinking using another bank account as NatWest haven't been able to fix the problem. However, my other bank account only shows I have the required fund after the application date and NatWests proof of funds letter would also be after my application date.

I was thinking cancelling my application and redoing it after so the statment from my other account will show that I have the fund within 31 days before my application. But I have a question regarding that.

It only say the application fee will be refunded, was wondering would the refund include the immigration health surcharge fees as well ? My application is still within the 3 month cancel period and havent booked appointment for the BRP yet.

And Would I be able to re do the application right after ?

Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 am

Monday313 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:19 am
It only say the application fee will be refunded, was wondering would the refund include the immigration health surcharge fees as well ?
Yes. See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
Monday313 wrote:
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Monday313
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Monday313 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 am
Monday313 wrote:
It only say the application fee will be refunded, was wondering would the refund include the immigration health surcharge fees as well ?
Yes. See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
Monday313 wrote:
Yes.
Thank You so much for answering .

I have one or two more question regarding the evidence that need to be sent as proof of maintenance, would be much appreciated if you can answer these as well.

I have went to another bank to request a letter that states the balance of my account as of today, not sure what the title of the letter would be but I made sure the letter will contains these info so hopefully that will work:
• the migrant’s name
• the account number and type of account, for example current or savings
• the date of the letter or statement
• the financial institution’s name and logo
• that funds of at least £1,890, not including any overdraft facilities, are held in
the migrant account

I was wondering would I need a stamp on the letter or stamp on a statment if sent from bank ? or would it be fine as long as it contain these info in the letter?

Was wondering is it the same time requirement for a letter, Dated within 31 days before my application ? Saw someone saying letter need to be dated on the same day as the application, but can't seem to find that requirement on the guidance nor does it seem possibile.

lastly, when asked which type of evidence and bank would be used as proof of maintenance in the application, I said NatWest and Bank statment. Would it matter if I hand in another type of evidence from another bank (Letter from another bank oversea) ? Or should I just re submit the application so It has the correct type of evidence and bank name or dont matter too much ?

Many Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am

Monday313 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm
I was wondering would I need a stamp on the letter or stamp on a statment if sent from bank ? or would it be fine as long as it contain these info in the letter?

Was wondering is it the same time requirement for a letter, Dated within 31 days before my application ? Saw someone saying letter need to be dated on the same day as the application, but can't seem to find that requirement on the guidance nor does it seem possibile.

lastly, when asked which type of evidence and bank would be used as proof of maintenance in the application, I said NatWest and Bank statment. Would it matter if I hand in another type of evidence from another bank (Letter from another bank oversea) ? Or should I just re submit the application so It has the correct type of evidence and bank name or dont matter too much ?
If any of these things were required the guidance would say so.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.