ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BLS Spain centre schengen visa closed?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monserrat

BLS Spain centre schengen visa closed?

Post by Monserrat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:54 am

Hello

Has anyone noticed the page to apply for a schengen visa to go to Spain is not available anymore?
I have been trying for a few days and am looking to apply for one as a spouse and mother of BC for a December visit to relatives there. Does anyone know how else to apply or such visas have been suspended and new info being updated until after brexit.
Many thanks.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: BLS Spain centre schengen visa closed?

Post by ibwe » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:08 am

Monserrat wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:54 am
Hello

Has anyone noticed the page to apply for a schengen visa to go to Spain is not available anymore?
I have been trying for a few days and am looking to apply for one as a spouse and mother of BC for a December visit to relatives there. Does anyone know how else to apply or such visas have been suspended and new info being updated until after brexit.
Many thanks.
Hi,

So far I have not seen any changes for Schengen visa/tourist visa to Spain. Just download the form and you will notice that for a short visit visa, it is Schengen one.

I hope this helps!

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Your response was very helpful. It seems they have a new online application form so I think I was going the wrong way. Many thanks.

Apologies for being a nuisance but I need help on question 33. On the online form it states cost of travelling and living during the applicant's stay is covered. Then two sub headings:

Costs covered by:....host, company, sponsor or applicant. I chose applicant.
Then means of support...Which one would u advise
Cash, all expenses covered, accommodation provided,credit card,travellers cheque?

We will be paying for our flights but will be stay with family.

Also my type of employment is not on their options list. Nowhere to type and specify too. Is option: OTHER sufficient?

Very grateful for your time and assistance all. :)

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:28 pm

Monserrat wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm
Your response was very helpful. It seems they have a new online application form so I think I was going the wrong way. Many thanks.

Apologies for being a nuisance but I need help on question 33. On the online form it states cost of travelling and living during the applicant's stay is covered. Then two sub headings:

Costs covered by:....host, company, sponsor or applicant. I chose applicant.
Then means of support...Which one would u advise
Cash, all expenses covered, accommodation provided,credit card,travellers cheque?

We will be paying for our flights but will be stay with family.

Also my type of employment is not on their options list. Nowhere to type and specify too. Is option: OTHER sufficient?

Very grateful for your time and assistance all. :)
Well, when it comes to costs, it can be both. Since your hosts will be providing accommodation, you should also tick the box: referred to in field 31 or 32 (provided that you filled in the temporary accommodation address. Moreover, you will also need to check the box: accommodation provided as means of support from your hosts.

Means of support is mostly credit card and/or cash for applicants.

Employment: if you mean questions 19 and 20 there are no types to specify in the application. If prompted, you can just write others but be ready to explain when asked.

My opinion: For question 31 it is better to simply book a hotel and use the hotel's info as your host. The visa requires confirmation of booking but not paid accommodation. Just head over to booking sites and book a hotel with free cancelling option prior to your trip. Once you get the visa and you 'realize' that your hosts can provide accommodation, you just cancel the booking, free of charge. You will have to fill the name of the hotel, their address and phone number. When you do this, on question 33 you only tick the box: by applicant himself/herself and under the means of support, you tick the cash, credit card and pre-paid accommodation. Remember if you do not have and invitation letter then on question 32 just fill 'not applicable". 34 and 35 also fill 'not applicable'.
You can also check this link on how to fill the Schengen application form properly.

Hope this helps.

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 am

Well, when it comes to costs, it can be both. Since your hosts will be providing accommodation, you should also tick the box: referred to in field 31 or 32 (provided that you filled in the temporary accommodation address. Moreover, you will also need to check the box: accommodation provided as means of support from your hosts.

Means of support is mostly credit card and/or cash for applicants.

Employment: if you mean questions 19 and 20 there are no types to specify in the application. If prompted, you can just write others but be ready to explain when asked.

My opinion: For question 31 it is better to simply book a hotel and use the hotel's info as your host. The visa requires confirmation of booking but not paid accommodation. Just head over to booking sites and book a hotel with free cancelling option prior to your trip. Once you get the visa and you 'realize' that your hosts can provide accommodation, you just cancel the booking, free of charge. You will have to fill the name of the hotel, their address and phone number. When you do this, on question 33 you only tick the box: by applicant himself/herself and under the means of support, you tick the cash, credit card and pre-paid accommodation. Remember if you do not have and invitation letter then on question 32 just fill 'not applicable". 34 and 35 also fill 'not applicable'.
You can also check this link on how to fill the Schengen application form properly.

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for your input. I will have an invitation letter from our relative. Will update how it goes in the hope it may assist someone in . If it doesn't go well I will apply again. Does anyone know how long to wait before re-applying after a refusal? If not will worry about that later. Anyway your time and pointers have not been taken for granted.

Thanks again. All the best.

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Just thought i could post an update in case it helps someone in future.

I applied for schengen visa via BLS spainvisa online application form.

Appointment the 16/10/19
Visa received on 21/10/19.
Applied for a Single-Entry but I received a Multiple entry valid for 6months.

(Total was 3 working days as passport was dispatched on Friday 18/10/19. 2 days after appointment but received Monday 21/10/19.)

I just followed the checklist they have online for a family member of a British citizen travelling together. Appointment time was about 15mins altogether.

Thank you for your advice here!