ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Card Online Status Query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sbal
Newly Registered
Mood:

OCI Card Online Status Query

Post by sbal » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:25 am

Hi, I've applied for the OCI card for my daughter. I submitted the application in August and the Embassy in Delhi received my application on 22-Aug. I waited a month and I checked the online status yesterday and it said the OCI card had been printed on 16-Sept but the dispatch date from Delhi and the received at Birmingham date were blank. When I checked the online status this morning it had gone back to 'under process'.

Has this happened to anyone else who can advise me on what I can do.

Thanks.

SBal

cfdman

Re: OCI Card Online Status Query

Post by cfdman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 pm

I applied for OCI re-issue on 16th-Sep-2019 (just this week). The status on 18th-Sep-2019 was "Processed" (OCI Miscellaneous application are processed in a week as per the timeline posted by other members).

But, when I checked again on 19th-Sep-2019, the status turned "Under Process" :?:

To my surprise, I checked today, the status is showing "No such record found".

No idea, whats going on.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:54 pm

I wrote an Email to HCI London (inf.london@mea.gov.in).

They replied me (within hour! impressed!) saying that the OCI is ready and asked me to provide the EMail as a conformation and follow VFS collection procedure.
Fingers crossed, whether VFS will give me a tough time with an Email printout.

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 am

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I too wrote to HCI London and got a prompt reply in email, confirming that my children's OCI cards were ready and to take the email printout to VFS.

I did that this morning and there was no problem at VFS Hounslow. They collected the passports and told me the new cards+passports should be back with me within a week. Fingers crossed !