ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zeebro44

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Zeebro44 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Hello

I applied 8th april and every week I email them for update and they replied normal but now since 2 weeks they dont reply I tried other email addresses but no response.any body here with same situation ?? Pls reply

Mo403
Newly Registered

Post by Mo403 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Hello

I applied 8th april and every week I email them for update and they replied normal but now since 2 weeks they dont reply I tried other email addresses but no response.any body here with same situation ?? Pls reply
I am in the same boat as you are. I applied on the 7th of April. I last emailed them last week, and since then I received no reply. No idea what shall we do next! I guess just wait!

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Mo403 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello

I am in the same boat as you are. I applied on the 7th of April. I last emailed them last week, and since then I received no reply. No idea what shall we do next! I guess just wait!
Same here emailed them 22nd August and 2nd September no reply. I applied on 3rd June included my 2 children MN1 Section 3(1) as well.

cb090466
Newly Registered
Moldova

Post by cb090466 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello

Same here. I applied on the 4th of May. I have asked for an update weekly from 3 weeks ago and I had nothing. Previously I had a generic reply and now nothing at all. The auto reply says they can take up to 20 working days to come back so I will wait for that I suppose. My 6 months deadline comes in 7 weeks anyway. I am hoping I can get something in this time.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi,

I can see error message since last week while access online to view application.

Is anyone else facing this issue while login online to view application

Thanks

Andromedax
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Andromedax » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:29 am

World Traveller wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am
Andromedax wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am
Today I've received an email from my caseworker (I didn't know I had been assigned to one) with the Our reference number(Not the UKVI reference number I received when I sent off my application) asking me to confirm which council I want to have my ceremony. Now I'm wondering if this means the caseworker has made a decision or if it means they've just started to consider my application now.
I hope your decision letter (a positive one) is about to go out. By the way, do you mind sharing your timeline? Thanks
Congrats on getting your letter World Traveller! Here is my timeline:

Date of application: 24/06/2019
Date of acknowledgement: 25/06/2019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 25/06/2019
Date on Approval letter:Stil waiting... :shock:

This is very difficult because we have no idea how long it'll take (will it take just a few more weeks or will be months, years even?) and we have no idea of the outcome until we receive the letter. When I see other members applying months after me and getting their approvals within just 3 weeks or a month can be tough although I feel very happy for each one of them. In fact every time one of the members shares they received their letter and I check their timeline it gives me hope that soon mine will be approved too! Fingers crossed and good luck to us!

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello

hi zeebro we are on same boat i applied on 7th april and still waiting for reply i did email them this morning and got reply after an hour standard reply that it will take while to decide on your application.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:18 pm

nuna123 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:06 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello

hi zeebro we are on same boat i applied on 7th april and still waiting for reply i did email them this morning and got reply after an hour standard reply that it will take while to decide on your application.
Hi can I ask which email address you used as I never got a reply tried couple of times.
Thanks

cb090466
Newly Registered
Moldova

Post by cb090466 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi all,

I just logged into my UKVCAS account and I noticed something I haven't before. In the identity section there are 3 documents that I have not uploaded and I do not recognise:
- Triscan - IrImage.pdf
- Triscan - UvImage.pdf
- Triscan - C...urImage.pdf

I cannot open these, I can only delete them. Does anyone know what they could be?

sonata

Post by sonata » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:04 pm

They are additional scans of you passport that are done at your appointment by the UKVCAS agent. Definitely do not delete them!
cb090466 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 pm
Hi all,

I just logged into my UKVCAS account and I noticed something I haven't before. In the identity section there are 3 documents that I have not uploaded and I do not recognise:
- Triscan - IrImage.pdf
- Triscan - UvImage.pdf
- Triscan - C...urImage.pdf

I cannot open these, I can only delete them. Does anyone know what they could be?

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:12 am

Sand6 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:18 pm
nuna123 wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello

Hi can I ask which email address you used as I never got a reply tried couple of times.
Thanks
its nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 am

nuna123 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:12 am
Sand6 wrote:
nuna123 wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello

Thanks
But they dont reply me I use all email addresses but nothing reply may be my file is now with case worker if I get any letter I will update

Which route is yours ?? Is refugee ??

Andromedax
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Andromedax » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:10 am

I believe the reasons why they are not replying are:

1- They have no new updates to give us other than the standard reply.
2- They've been receiving too many emails from applicants asking for updates( I've read posts of people emailing them every week ... :? ) I'm sure once they realise that someone is emailing too much they just stop replying.

I'm saying that because I've emailed them 3 times (1 month after application was sent, 2 months after and about 3 weeks ago) and only the first time I got a standard reply, the other times I received something that seemed like someone had actually read my email and wrote a reply.

Waiting is hard but my advice here is: curb your instinct of emailing too often, unless your application hit the 6 months line, then I guess you are in your right to insist more on updates.

Cocokrishan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Cocokrishan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:38 am

I applied on the 9th of May. I've been emailing then every fortnight from the beginning of August. I get a standard reply every time. I'm worried mine is going to be one of those applications that take forever to be considered :cry:

Anon2345
Newly Registered

Post by Anon2345 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:22 pm

I received an email from home office, saying my application is with the caseworker and I ll be contacted in due course.

Does anyone had this email and how long after receiving this email, they received their decision? Any help would be appreciated.

Rsameold
Newly Registered

Post by Rsameold » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Anon2345 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:22 pm
I received an email from home office, saying my application is with the caseworker and I ll be contacted in due course.

Does anyone had this email and how long after receiving this email, they received their decision? Any help would be appreciated.
I also received the same email couple of days ago, it would be interesting to see if anyone can share their experiences from how long it takes to get a decision from when the case is allocated to a caseworker on straightforward cases.

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 am
nuna123 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:12 am
Sand6 wrote:
nuna123 wrote:

Thanks
But they dont reply me I use all email addresses but nothing reply may be my file is now with case worker if I get any letter I will update

Which route is yours ?? Is refugee ??

Yes zeebro Refugee and by looking timeline everyone getting quicker apart from the Refugee cases which took upto 2 years sometime.😞

Mackel
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mackel » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:26 pm

I applied for citizenship on 31/7/2019
Today i send email to home Office
I get this email today
Could you please any advice please

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that you have successfully enrolled your biometrics.

Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.

We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.

If you require any further information throughout the application process, please refer to our website:

www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

If you require any further information regarding our new UKVCAS service, please refer to the linked webpage:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Mackel wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:26 pm
I applied for citizenship on 31/7/2019
Today i send email to home Office
I get this email today
Could you please any advice please

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that you have successfully enrolled your biometrics.

Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.

We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.

If you require any further information throughout the application process, please refer to our website:

www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

If you require any further information regarding our new UKVCAS service, please refer to the linked webpage:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What advise are you looking for?? It is a standard reply and you simply need to wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

evalia
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evalia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi,

I sent an email requesting an update for my application to the following address NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

3 days later I received this reply... from a DIFFERENT email address mmstfctcallnotes@homeoffice.gov.uk (what is this email?)

Dear Ms XX,

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

______

I already receive a confirmation that my application has been received same day after I applied, does it mean there has been to update / and nots not with the caseworker yet? What does 'being considered' mean?

morshed
- thin ice -
Bangladesh

Post by morshed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 pm

This forum has been a great help. I hope someone could help me again.

I applied for Naturalization for British Citizenship on 02 September 2019.
I booked an appointment for document submission and biometric enrolment at a UKVCAS centre and the appointment was on 18 September. I paid GBP60.00 for this service. After document checking, uploading and biometric enrolment, when the assigned lady of the
centre submitted the application, she received a result notification that biometric didn't go through (on the screen it was written 'NO' in red colour in a column).
So she made a call to someone who works centrally probably for UKVCAS to check if the biometric went through. After the conversation, she informed me that the biometric has
gone through to the central system and my application will be submitted manually. She told me that I may leave the centre and she would confirm me if the application has been submitted successfully.
Later after 3 hours, the lady called me and said my application has been submitted manually. However, I want to be fully sure about the successful submission of my biometric enrolment. I didn't receive any official acknowledgement after biometric enrolment.

So my question is:
1. Should I get any form of notification/acknowledgement from HO about the successful biometric enrolment?
2. After biometric enrolment, do you see any change in the online account from where you submitted application?
3. Is there any email address of UKBA/HO to know if my biometric gone through successfully?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:12 pm

morshed wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 pm

I booked an appointment for document submission and biometric enrolment at a UKVCAS centre and the appointment was on 18 September. I paid GBP60.00 for this service. After document checking, uploading and biometric enrolment, when the assigned lady of the
centre submitted the application, she received a result notification that biometric didn't go through (on the screen it was written 'NO' in red colour in a column).
So she made a call to someone who works centrally probably for UKVCAS to check if the biometric went through. After the conversation, she informed me that the biometric has
gone through to the central system and my application will be submitted manually. She told me that I may leave the centre and she would confirm me if the application has been submitted successfully.
Later after 3 hours, the lady called me and said my application has been submitted manually. However, I want to be fully sure about the successful submission of my biometric enrolment. I didn't receive any official acknowledgement after biometric enrolment.

So my question is:
1. Should I get any form of notification/acknowledgement from HO about the successful biometric enrolment?
2. After biometric enrolment, do you see any change in the online account from where you submitted application?
3. Is there any email address of UKBA/HO to know if my biometric gone through successfully?
1. No, you don't get anything.

2. No you don't.

3. No there is not.

Stop stressing. If there is any issue, HO will write to you. Don't expect any 'HO handholding' or 'being informed continuously of every step' for a citizenship application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

morshed
- thin ice -
Bangladesh

Post by morshed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:12 pm
morshed wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 pm

So my question is:
1. No, you don't get anything.

2. No you don't.

3. No there is not.

Stop stressing. If there is any issue, HO will write to you. Don't expect any 'HO handholding' or 'being informed continuously of every step' for a citizenship application.
Thank you very much CR001.

Lilyla
Newly Registered

Post by Lilyla » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi, I applied for my citizenship application on 24th of May 2019, it almost 4 months now and I didn’t get anything, I sent email twice to the HO, first time I received a general email, second time I received an email from caseworkeenquires @ homeoffice.gov.uk, and the person who replied to me said my application has been approved on 4th of September and my local authorities will contact me soon for my ceremony, anyway I waited two weeks and didn’t get any letter, so I contact that email address again and the same person said he is sorry but my application was approved by administration error and they still waiting the outcome for further enquires before they take a decision, does anyone here have the same issue before? And if anyone been contact by their caseworker, did they use the caseworkeenquires @ homeoffice.gov.uk Email to contact you? As I'm not sure now if that person is my caseworker or if it hasn’t been assigned to a caseworker yet, I’m really worried now and anxious, my case should be a straight forward as I don’t have any problem before, please if anyone have any information could help let me know

RK3285
Wales

Post by RK3285 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi,
I just want to ask a simple question. On average How long does it take to get approval letter. If you have applied as a Refugee status.

Thanks in advance....