ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) application questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Artur111
Russia

FLR (M) application questions

Post by Artur111 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:30 pm

Good evening dear forum members and respected gurus,

My wife's spouse visa expires on the 3rd Oct '19 and we have started completing online application for her first extension.
I have not understood a couple of questions in the application and would appreciate if anyone could guide me. I have spent a couple of hours today going through the search results for these questions but could not find relevant answers:
1) Partner Basis for living in the UK
What is your partner basis living in the UK?
I have selected "Settled in the UK" as I received EU Settlement Scheme Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Then the next question is asking me "what type of visa or leave did your partner use to as the basis of their settlement?" What should I put here considering that I used to have Permanent Residence Card and now I have received EU Settlement Scheme ILR? or should I mention my EEA family member?

The next question is asking "Was your partner ever given a visa or leave as the partner of settled person?" I used to have student visa in the UK, then EEA Family permit, then Retained Right of Residence and Permanent Residence Card after which is now converted into EU Settlement ILR. I am really confused what to put there.

2) one of the section is asking if there is any children that your partner have not applying with this application.
In my previous marriage I have had a child but then it turned out that it is not my son (my ex confessed and we conducted DNA test). I subsequently amended the Birth Certificate. If I start mentioning this child then it takes to the questions that I do not know answers for (where is the mother, who is solely responsible, etc.). I am not in contact with my ex at all given the way we ended our relationships. Can I not mention this child and simply explain the situation in the cover letter?

3) for the most common question "is this the first time you have applied for a partner route or an extension with your current partner?"
I have selected "Yes" as someone mentioned in one of the threads. I hope it is the correct answer as this is our first extension following initial application 30 months ago from Moscow.

All your inputs would be highly appreciated.
Thank you,
Artur

Albert Einstein

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) application questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:50 pm

What spouse visa is your wife on if you have followed the EU settled route??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Thank you CR for your reply,

She is on UK immigration Spouse Visa.

After my first marriage with European national I retained my right of residence. Then I applied for Permanent Residence and was granted PR in 2015.
I married again after that and my current wife received 30 months spouse visa under UK immigration law.
This year May I exchanged my PR to EU Settlement Indefinite Leave Remain (that is what exactly written on my BRP.

Albert Einstein

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:54 am

Good morning,
Could you please advise on my questions if possible?
Thank you

Albert Einstein

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Can respected gurus help please advising on my questions?
We need to send the application before end of the month...

Albert Einstein

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Not an expert, but here's my feedback:
Artur111 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:30 pm
In my previous marriage I have had a child but then it turned out that it is not my son (my ex confessed and we conducted DNA test). I subsequently amended the Birth Certificate. If I start mentioning this child then it takes to the questions that I do not know answers for (where is the mother, who is solely responsible, etc.). I am not in contact with my ex at all given the way we ended our relationships. Can I not mention this child and simply explain the situation in the cover letter?
Did you declare the existence of that child when you first applied for your wife's visa? Are you absolutely sure the amended birth certificate does no longer have your name on it? I'm asking because I was told Home Office will cross check information you've previously declared in past applications with your current one.

This is a suggestion really, but if you are absolutely sure your name doesn't appear on that birth certificate, you should then omit that child mention and write a cover letter explaining what happened and enclose the DNA test and the amended birth certificate, just to be on the safe side.

Artur111 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:30 pm
3) for the most common question "is this the first time you have applied for a partner route or an extension with your current partner?"
Yes. If it's the 1st extension, it should be yes.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi Jaune08,

I have declared everything when we first applied to spouse visa from Moscow and HO is fully aware of the child existence and other details.
My question is when start answering about that child it takes me to the questions like “where the child lives st the moment?”, “can you provide utility bills for that child” etc. Which I don’t have answers to. Hence I am asking can I just reveal this child details in covering letter but not mention on application about him.

Albert Einstein

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:32 pm
My question is when start answering about that child it takes me to the questions like “where the child lives st the moment?”, “can you provide utility bills for that child” etc. Which I don’t have answers to. Hence I am asking can I just reveal this child details in covering letter but not mention on application about him.
I understand you have declared this child on the previous application, but you haven't answered yet: are you absolutely sure your name does no longer appear on that birth certificate?

To avoid being asked further about a child that was legally yours but isn't your family anymore, you should provide evidence of that, by enclosing a copy of the DNA test and the amended birth certificate, stating that indeed you're not legally responsible of that child anymore. Because if you say "no" and omit his details plus not having utility bills, it seems like you are not being responsible for that child that you previously stated was yours. Do you get the point? It's more to explain what happened, to avoid being asked about things you don't know about that child.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 pm

I do apologise,
I do have DNA test and an amended copy of the birth certificate which states. My name is still on the birth certificate as it is legally cannot be removed, but on the same certificate Generela Registry Office (GRO) input comments “Father details have been amended”. This entry was made 5 years ago when I applied to GRO to remove my details as father of the child and provided DNA test results.
I have provided same DNA test results and amended birth certificate when we first applied for a spouse visa for my current wife.

Albert Einstein

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 pm
This entry was made 5 years ago when I applied to GRO to remove my details as father of the child and provided DNA test results.
I have provided same DNA test results and amended birth certificate when we first applied for a spouse visa for my current wife.
Oh I see, it makes more sense now :) . I think you should do exactly the same as you did when you first applied for your wife's application: provide same DNA test results and amended birth certificate. If you ticked "yes" or "not", do it again and enclose the evidence. It should be fine as you're not incurring in any discrepancies.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks Jaune08 for your reply,

The issue is I do not remember having this sort of question when we did apply 3 years ago.
I simply intentionally wrote about this child in the cover letter and that’s it.
This time around the application specifically asking if there is “any child you partner have that are not applying with this application?”. But saying “yes” it takes to the questions I do not have answers for (I am not in contact with my ex at all), that where I am confused what to do.

Albert Einstein

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:15 pm

The issue is I do not remember having this sort of question when we did apply 3 years ago.
I simply intentionally wrote about this child in the cover letter and that’s it.
This time around the application specifically asking if there is “any child you partner have that are not applying with this application?”. But saying “yes” it takes to the questions I do not have answers for (I am not in contact with my ex at all), that where I am confused what to do.
I'd have thought answer "No" and provide the supporting docs if you want to.

From what you said, they already know that that child isn't yours.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:20 am

Artur111 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:15 pm

To avoid further questions, I'd select "no" and still provide the evidence plus cover letter, just to let the new case worker know about this situation and avoid any misunderstandings.

You're welcome :)

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:26 am

Thank you Jaune and Korekt for your inputs! I will select "no" and provide evidence along with explanation in Cover letter.

Could please anyone who is familiar with online FLR (M) application advise on following question:
I have selected "Settled in the UK" as I received EU Settlement Scheme Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Then the next question is asking me "what type of visa or leave did your partner use to as the basis of their settlement?" What should I put here considering that I used to have Permanent Residence Card and now I have received EU Settlement Scheme ILR? or should I mention my EEA family member?

The next question is asking "Was your partner ever given a visa or leave as the partner of settled person?" I used to have student visa in the UK, then EEA Family permit, then Retained Right of Residence and Permanent Residence Card after which is now converted into EU Settlement ILR. I am really confused what to put there.

Thank you for your advices in advance!

Albert Einstein

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:34 pm

Respected moderators,
could you please advise with the above question?
I cannot proceed further without answering it.
Please help...

Albert Einstein

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:26 am

Could please anyone who is familiar with online FLR (M) application advise on following question:
Correct
Artur111 wrote:
Retained rights of residence
Artur111 wrote:

Reply no because if refers to spouse visa under UK immigration route but clarify in covering letter that you were EU national family member
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Thank you very much Seagul for your answers, really appreciate that.
I will mention about EU family member in the cover letter.

Will it be possible to quickly ask about following:
A) Living with your partner section
"Where have you lived with your partner together?"
Should I mention our current address as we have changed three houses in the last almost three years? Does not allow you to input more than one address. So I'm puzzled which address to put

B) Our current address is our house that we bought with mortgage in April this year. Am I correct that I do not need a housing inspection report as we both own this house, only us and our 7 months son live in the house? it's 3 bedroom house and I will include online title register copy with the application.

C) Time Lived in the UK?
Should I deduct time my wife spent on holidays / any other absences (she spent 4 months in Russia when her father was diagnosed with cancer) from overall time? or just put last 30 months time (the duration of her spouse visa)?

D) Financial requirement:
I have been employed by one employer until 12th July '19 (earning more than £18.6k and from 01 to 12 of July I used my holidays so I can start earlier at new place) and started new employment at new company from 01st July '19 (salary is more than £18.6k). Am I correct that I am under Category B and have to provide 12 months payslips and employment letters from both employments?

Thanks a lot!

Albert Einstein

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Should I mention our current address as we have changed three houses in the last almost three years? Does not allow you to input more than one address. So I'm puzzled which address to put

B) Our current address is our house that we bought with mortgage in April this year. Am I correct that I do not need a housing inspection report as we both own this house, only us and our 7 months son live in the house? it's 3 bedroom house and I will include online title register copy with the application.

C) Time Lived in the UK?
Should I deduct time my wife spent on holidays / any other absences (she spent 4 months in Russia when her father was diagnosed with cancer) from overall time? or just put last 30 months time (the duration of her spouse visa)?

I have been employed by one employer until 12th July '19 (earning more than £18.6k and from 01 to 12 of July I used my holidays so I can start earlier at new place) and started new employment at new company from 01st July '19 (salary is more than £18.6k). Am I correct that I am under Category B and have to provide 12 months payslips and employment letters from both employments?

Thanks a lot!

A) current address but you will have to attach 6 jointly /12 individually named documents covering the last 2 years.

B) correct. If possible then attach council tax bill too

C) 30 months. There is no absence threshold

D) correct.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:10 pm
Artur111 wrote:

C) Time Lived in the UK?

Thanks a lot!

A) current address but you will have to attach 6 jointly /12 individually named documents covering the last 2 years.

D) correct.
Thank you very much Seagul! Really appreciate your help with these questions.

If I submit following jointly named correspondence items covering the last 2 years, will it be sufficient?
- Sep 2017 - Joint bank account showing both our names on the statement sent
- Jan 2018 - Another bank account showing both our names on the statement
- Apr 2018 - Council Tax featuring both our names on it
- Jul 2018 - Utility Bill (gas/electric) addressed to both us, both names on the bill
- Oct 2018 - Water bill from Thames Water addressed to both of us
- Feb 2019 - Joint bank account showing both our names on the statement sent
- May 2019 - Water Bill (from Castle Water) addressed to both of us
- Sep 2019 - SSE Utility bill addressed to both us

Will it be enough or is it too much and I should stick to precise 6 items? Utility and bank statements will be from different companies and banks.

I have also have Council tax bills for our current house, but I will attach them separately to back-up housing / mortgage costs.

Albert Einstein

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:49 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:10 pm
Artur111 wrote:

C) Time Lived in the UK?

Thanks a lot!

D) correct.
Thank you very much Seagul! Really appreciate your help with these questions.

If I submit following jointly named correspondence items covering the last 2 years, will it be sufficient?
- Sep 2017 - Joint bank account showing both our names on the statement sent
- Jan 2018 - Another bank account showing both our names on the statement
- Apr 2018 - Council Tax featuring both our names on it
- Jul 2018 - Utility Bill (gas/electric) addressed to both us, both names on the bill
- Oct 2018 - Water bill from Thames Water addressed to both of us
- Feb 2019 - Joint bank account showing both our names on the statement sent
- May 2019 - Water Bill (from Castle Water) addressed to both of us
- Sep 2019 - SSE Utility bill addressed to both us

Will it be enough or is it too much and I should stick to precise 6 items? Utility and bank statements will be from different companies and banks.

I have also have Council tax bills for our current house, but I will attach them separately to back-up housing / mortgage costs.
You have very solid cohabitation evidences which not only are from 3 sources but even are more than 6 piece of documents. I think let it be over than 6 piece of documents.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:58 pm

Thank you very much Seagul for your help!

Albert Einstein

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Dear forum members,

Could you please advise on following:

1) Do I need to scan every page of my passport when to submit for my wife's spouse visa extension?

2) In regards to my BRP, should I just scan it and attach as .pdf file?

3) one of our bedrooms in the house will be occupied by one of our family friends for a couple of months from 01st October (not renting, but lodging). There is a question in application "if there is anyone else living in the property?", should I mention him? Will then that trigger house inspection even though it is a 3 bedroom house and we own it on mortgage?

Thank you very much

Albert Einstein

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:56 pm
Dear forum members,

Could you please advise on following:

1) Do I need to scan every page of my passport when to submit for my wife's spouse visa extension?

2) In regards to my BRP, should I just scan it and attach as .pdf file?

3) one of our bedrooms in the house will be occupied by one of our family friends for a couple of months from 01st October (not renting, but lodging). There is a question in application "if there is anyone else living in the property?", should I mention him? Will then that trigger house inspection even though it is a 3 bedroom house and we own it on mortgage?

Thank you very much

1. Preferably yes

2. Yes.

3. Property inspection report will be needed unless you submit the application before he/she starts living with you.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Thank you very much Seagul, you are very good person.

Albert Einstein

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:40 pm

last question Seagul, I am completing the application fee payment,
Where I will need to put Cover Letter?
Or will I need to type it and then scan and attach with other supporting paperwork?

Albert Einstein