ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Mother in Law of EEA/British National

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EEU
Newly Registered

Help! Mother in Law of EEA/British National

Post by EEU » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:15 am

Hi Everyone :D

I am sure this question has been asked before but I think my case is a bit different so urgent help will be much appreciated.
I am a British/Pakistani National and my wife is British/EU National, naturalised back in 2013.
My Father recently died and my mom is All alone in Pakistan she is financially dependent on me for long time. I would like her to join us here in UK but there are lots of confusion or at least I am confused as which EEA route to choose and what sort of documents and evidence is needed. Please help me with right application form and supporting evidence. Back in 2014 we applied for a Family visit visa for her but it was unsuccessful on two occasions. At that time my Father was alive hence we didn’t bother much but this time the situation is different please help with as much info as you can
Thank you.

cisman
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Help! Mother in Law of EEA/British National

Post by cisman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:04 am

I am in a similar situation. Form the research I have done, the only way to do this while living in the UK is by applying for Adult Dependent Relative Visa, sometimes known as the Elderly Dependent Visa. This allow those settled in the UK to bring family members to live with them. However, in practice, the Adult Dependent Relative Visa is notoriously difficult to secure. Recent changes in HO laws have made it extremely difficult to get an approval.

PM me if you like to discuss. thanks

EEU
Newly Registered

Post by EEU » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for your reply, yah i did some research about elderly dependent too but it’s nearly impossible to get one. Going through in treads on this forum some were talking about EEA settled status Route but the problem is as soon as someone get EEA Family permit for their parents successfully, they only comeback on the forum to tell others we got and that’s it’s no more info is provided even people ask them rapidity, hopefully someone will come up with some technical way and help us, keep in touch anyway.

Best Regards!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:44 am

cisman wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:04 am
PM me if you like to discuss. thanks
PMs are only available after 30 valid posts. Since neither of you have reached that threshold, neither of you have access to PMs.

Please post all available information in the public forums.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

cisman
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by cisman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:20 am

Have you considered moving to Ireland (or perhaps having a residence in Ireland as well as UK) - Live there and work here (remote working from home etc) - How about moving down there (Ireland) and applying under EU treaty rules - with Brexit approaching, there isn't much time

EEU
Newly Registered

Post by EEU » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 am

Not sure how this will work as I have two kids at school?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:45 pm

cisman wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:20 am
Have you considered moving to Ireland (or perhaps having a residence in Ireland as well as UK) - Live there and work here (remote working from home etc) - How about moving down there (Ireland) and applying under EU treaty rules - with Brexit approaching, there isn't much time
You are suggesting the OP uses the Surinder Singh route with the sole purpose of circumventing UK immigration laws (if he moves there but keeps his work here while remote working, this does not justify any other reason to move). This amounts to advising the OP to attempt deception to the HO, which is strictly prohibited on this forum. Kindly desist from giving such advice.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.