ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can non-qualifying people claim beneifts?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TL5451
Newly Registered

Can non-qualifying people claim beneifts?

Post by TL5451 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:12 am

When applying for something like a UK visit visa - or just entering for 6 months without a visa - is the wonder whether the applicant has enough funds to cover their travel period.

My question is can those without status in the UK claim benefits? If they can, I understand UK immigration rules' case. If they can't, why does it matter if they don't have enough money? One of the main aspects of applying for a UK visa is the uncertainty if an applicant will rely on public funds. But if the applicant was ineligible to do so, why does it matter? Or can anybody just claim UK benefits?

Thanks. So confused!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can non-qualifying people claim beneifts?

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:21 am

Not just anybody can claim benefits, especially not a visitor visa holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.