ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

withdrawal application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dreamer2

withdrawal application

Post by dreamer2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi, my friend applied and submitted her application for leave to remain but didn't go through biometric yet. Then she found that she needs to withdrawal it and reapply again. Her visa expires on 1st November so she still have . How can she do it ? Will she get her fee back?
Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: withdrawal application

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:39 am

dreamer2 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 pm
Hi, my friend applied and submitted her application for leave to remain but didn't go through biometric yet. Then she found that she needs to withdrawal it and reapply again. Her visa expires on 1st November so she still have .
What type of visa she have applied and had before? If spouse visa then she may not need to withdraw it because she can apply extension 28 days before completing her 30 months since arrived to UK/switched into spouse visa.
dreamer2 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 pm
How can she do it ? Will she get her fee back?
You applied in the UK
You need to cancel your application using the online form.

You won’t get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dreamer2

Post by dreamer2 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I would like to clarify her situation. She applied on 29th August as she entered the country in February , but her BRP will expire on 1st November. Now she wants to withdraw her application as she didn't mentioned her husband income ,she earns only 15000, and as I know she can't add it after submitting application, which will be the reason to fail. So the best way for her to withdraw her application and reapply as she still has time to do it.
She was told that eventually she will get refund if she won't get her biometric on this application. But I wonder if there is a another way to cancel it and get refund as soon as possible?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Either way (refusal/withdrawal) she will loose her application fee. So if after submitting the online application she hasn't yet enrolled her biometrics but she now have earned additional income / have savings then still can submit these evidences. Because many people who submitted their documents even dated after the date of application but until biometrics got success despite the official guidance suggests that these should be until the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.