ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent child of FLR M spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MrJones
Newly Registered
Mood:

Dependent child of FLR M spouse

Post by MrJones » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Good day all and thank you in advance for all guidance given here.

I am a UK citizen, my non EU spouse has joined me using the FLR M method and will be due to renew late next year. My spouse has a dependent child who is currently living with relatives in my spouse's home country until we would be in a financial position to bring the child over.

We are now in that position to bring them over, but due to a number of circumstances, the relatives are increasingly less in a position to look after the child.

My spouse has full custody of the child.

Due to these circumstances we would prefer to go and collect the child, then return with them to go through the premium one day service in London so that they may stay with us immediately, without having to wait for the normal out of UK process.

Our questions are how do we approach the UK border with the child, since they will not have a return ticket, neither will they have a brp.
Would the premium service be appropriate for our circumstances?
Lastly, would there be any risk to my spouse's status in the UK should there be any problems?

I have done my best dilligence possible prior to posting, but I apologize in advance should this already be covered elsewhere.

Thanks once again for any assistance given :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent child of FLR M spouse

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:09 pm

You need to apply for the entry clearance visa from home country.

What is the nationality of the child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrJones
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MrJones » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Thank you for your reply CR001, the child is Trinidadian. There is a British High Commission in Trinidad, would it be a case of obtaining the visa from there, or would there be an online process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:12 pm

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child

Where is the child's father?

You need to prove sole responsibility.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.