ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship refuse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayham59
Newly Registered
Syria

British citizenship refuse

Post by Ayham59 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 am

Hi I have question I’m syrian 2011 I applied for refugee and I get refused in 2011 in July 2013 my refugee is been approved in the meantime I worked for 2 weeks and payed tax in the time I’ve been refused it’s mean when I had no right to work I married from British woman in 2017 in 2018 i had my ILR I’ve applied for British citizen
In 2019 I got refused under good character low for working this 2 weeks I applied for reconsideration and I got refused the HO say I need to wait till 2023 till I can apply again 10 years clean history is the is any way that I can do to change there decision ? I don’t believe I done big thing to be refused ? I was working and paying tax should I go to Cort if I can or I’ve to wait till 2023???? Don’t know what to do I need advice thanks and best of luck for everyone.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: British citizenship refuse

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 am

I don’t believe I done big thing to be refused ?
Believe me it's a serious thing.

There is no point applying for citizenship before 2023. Going to court is not going to help. It takes years and cost you a lot of ££££ and you will end up with the same refusal.

Madambrown15
Newly Registered

Post by Madambrown15 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 am

Ayham59 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 am
I’m syrian 2011 I applied for refugee and I get refused in 2011 in July 2013 my refugee is been approved in the meantime I worked for 2 weeks...
Do you mean 2 years as opposed to 2 weeks?

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:41 am

its 4 year to wait. i don’t think its wise to wait for that long. if i was you i would consult a barrister of high standing in same field, make a conference with him. Before conference I would make notes of what i am going to ask and say. including financial cost including home office cost if God for bit you lose. and then put on one hand financial cost and on the other hand your 4 years and losses that this wait till 2013 can cost you .. then make a decision. even if it was a bit costly i would fight it in the court. yes you made a mistake. but for two weeks this would be a unjust punishment. Yes there must be a rule. But rules are made by humans to suit their own needs ignoring what applicants would face. i think judge would decide in your favour. that’s my personal opinion . we have gurus in this forum who can advise you better. but no one understands your side better than you yourself.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Evicra wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:41 am
its 4 year to wait. i don’t think its wise to wait for that long. if i was you i would consult a barrister of high standing in same field, make a conference with him. Before conference I would make notes of what i am going to ask and say. including financial cost including home office cost if God for bit you lose. and then put on one hand financial cost and on the other hand your 4 years and losses that this wait till 2013 can cost you .. then make a decision. even if it was a bit costly i would fight it in the court. yes you made a mistake. but for two weeks this would be a unjust punishment. Yes there must be a rule. But rules are made by humans to suit their own needs ignoring what applicants would face. i think judge would decide in your favour. that’s my personal opinion . we have gurus in this forum who can advise you better. but no one understands your side better than you yourself.
There are no court appeal rights for a refusal of British citizenship, only the right to a re-consideration.

Whilst there is no legal right of appeal or review of nationality decisions, you may ask for it to be reconsidered if you disagree with the reason for refusal. ... These include all applications from adults who already hold some sort of British nationality to apply for British citizenship

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -10-18.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:27 pm

Ayham59 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 am
Hi I have question I’m syrian 2011 I applied for refugee and I get refused in 2011 in July 2013 my refugee is been approved in the meantime I worked for 2 weeks and payed tax in the time I’ve been refused it’s mean when I had no right to work I married from British woman in 2017 in 2018 i had my ILR I’ve applied for British citizen
In 2019 I got refused under good character low for working this 2 weeks I applied for reconsideration and I got refused the HO say I need to wait till 2023 till I can apply again 10 years clean history is the is any way that I can do to change there decision ? I don’t believe I done big thing to be refused ? I was working and paying tax should I go to Cort if I can or I’ve to wait till 2023???? Don’t know what to do I need advice thanks and best of luck for everyone.
Hello everyone
There is something very troubling,hostile ,misuse of power &hypocritical with the home office.Working for two weeks &getting refused nationality barely on this is an utter disgrace &shame .It can be challenged in judicial review or supreme court &Im sure 2 to 3 cases like that can get these draconian &too weird rules changed.A group of refugees should take it to supreme court .This good character test was introduced mainly to target refugees.Im on refugee ILR &expecting to apply in 2024 which is too long &everyday I think about this &sometimes just think to leave this country .After brexit Im going to make a decision.One thing is clear Im not going to wait for another 5 years.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:19 pm
Evicra wrote:
There are no court appeal rights for a refusal of British citizenship, only the right to a re-consideration.

Whilst there is no legal right of appeal or review of nationality decisions, you may ask for it to be reconsidered if you disagree with the reason for refusal. ... These include all applications from adults who already hold some sort of British nationality to apply for British citizenship

Judicial review?

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Evicra wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:30 pm
Casa wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:19 pm
Evicra wrote:

Judicial review?
I know home office doesnt give right of appeal on this and in many cases but judicial review is open for any sort of application &even supreme court too where a case can be heard if the courts think that the case is worth arguing & many lawyers disagree with some parts of good character test mainly working illegally.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 pm

A Judicial Review is a possibility, but it's also very costly. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 pm
A Judicial Review is a possibility, but it's also very costly. :idea:
And you may not realise just how much.

A JR would likely go through the High Court and the Court of Appeal. There is no automatic right of appeal to the Supreme Court, which will not pick up the case unless it raises "points of law of general public importance". And in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal, the losing side pays the legal costs (the court costs and barristers costs, etc) of *both* sides.

Therefore, if you lose (and it is quite possible that you would, given that there is no right to naturalisation), you will end up with paying the Home Office lawyers as well as your own.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.