ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest ILR application from Spouse visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Migrant18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Earliest ILR application from Spouse visa

Post by Migrant18 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Hello all Gurus,

Can you pls lend me your ears for just a sec. I needed advise regarding spouse ILR.

1. My wife was granted spouse dependant visa on Nov 2018 and came to UK on Dec 10, 2018. I was holding ILR at that time.

2. She was granted from Nov 10, 2018 till Aug 10, 2021 ( approximately 2yrs and 8 months)

3. I just got my citizenship this June 2019.

When can my wife apply for earliest ILR if possible?. She got IELTS, Masters in UK university in 2009 and I am earning very decent amount.

Pls do help and many thanks in advance to those who will respond. 🙂

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Earliest ILR application from Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:39 pm

When can my wife apply for earliest ILR if possible?.
She needs 5 years on her spouse visa. She can apply for ilr no sooner than with 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she entered the UK (10 December 2023) on a spouse visa (not a 6 month fiance visa as this doesn't count).

She needs to apply for an extension FLR M for another 2.5 years. Current visa fee is £1033 plus £1000 IHS and whatever service you choose through UKCVAS etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Migrant18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Migrant18 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 am

Hello again, could you pls clarify what the home office meant by?

Eligibility

If you’ve got a family visa as a partner or spouse on the 5-year route, you must have been living in the UK for 5 years.

If you’re on the 2-year route, you must have been living in the UK on that visa for 2 years.

If you’re on the 10-year route, you must have been living in the UK on that visa for 10 years.

If you’re not sure which route you’re on, check the letter you got from the Home Office when your ‘leave to remain’ was last approved.

On our letter, I could fund which route were on :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 am

She is on the normal 5 year route.

There is no longer a 2 year route since July 2012.

The 10 year route is for those who don't meet the English or financial requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.