ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa timeline for Bangladeshi applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ronson
Bangladesh

Settlement visa timeline for Bangladeshi applicant

Post by Ronson » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:23 am

Hi guys,

My wife has been granted the UK Settlement visa. She applied from Bangladesh. Below is the via timeline:
  • Visa type : Settlement (spouse)
  • Application online: 27th March 2019 non-priority (Bangladesh)
  • Bio appointment: 30th March 2019
  • Supporting documents sent to : International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU
  • A confirmation email for receiving supporting documents : 15th Apr 2019
  • Supporting documents received by the applicant : 25th June 2019
  • Contact spouse: No
  • Contact employment: No
  • VFS email for collecting passport : 10th Sept 2019
  • Passport collected : 11th Sept 2019
  • Visa : granted
  • Total timeline : 163 days (113 working days)
People who applied for settlement visa on a non-priority basis, normally able to hear an update within 3 months. It didn't happen in my case. I had to contact UKVI numerous times for an update. I was told in mid-August that a decision was made on the 26th June 2019 but there was a technical issue in printing the visa. I think the passport was sitting in the British High Commission in Dhaka and they forgot the contact the applicant for collecting the passport. I finally decided to contact the local MP in the UK. He then chased the UKVI and replied to me on the same day saying that I will receive the passport soon. Luckily, my wife received an SMS from VFS Sylhet saying that the passport is ready for collection.

Any question, please feel free to ask me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement visa timeline for Bangladeshi applicant

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:44 am

1. We have an existing Bangladesh TIMELINE ONLY thread.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... s#p1826931

2. You should post an update and 'ask me any questions' posts in your existing topic please.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1764846
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.