ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) cash savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sameerb

FLR(m) cash savings

Post by sameerb » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:25 pm

Hello Peps,

First of all many many thanks to everyone. My wife received her ILR. This forum helped a lot. Now it's my turn :)

I am using cash savings for my FLR (M) application. My wife holds joint account with her mom & dad. We have got a letter from the bank that says " all account holders have access to the money" is that sufficient? Thank you.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: FLR(m) cash savings

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Under 'Evidence of Financial Requirements under Appendix FM', Appendix FM-SE states (emphasis mine):
[Quote]
1. In relation to evidencing the financial requirements in Appendix FM the following general provisions shall apply:

(a) Bank statements must:

(i) be from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(ii) not be from a financial institution on the list of excluded institutions in Appendix P of these rules.
(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:

(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
(2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
(3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.

11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided:
(a) personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:47 am

Oh! I have got only 10 days now. What's the solution?

The amount in the bank account is very large(£3 million+) that is why it is in the joint account with perents but as the bank letter states she has complete access to the funds.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:26 pm

sameerb wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:47 am
Oh! I have got only 10 days now. What's the solution?

The amount in the bank account is very large(£3 million+) that is why it is in the joint account with perents but as the bank letter states she has complete access to the funds.
These cash savings won't be accepted for visa purposes even shared with related person other than the partner. Bank letter alone won't work. If your sponsor or you (if working in UK ) is earning sufficient income then use it instead.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Pls can someone advise?

I have a 3 year old child born in the uk

I have chronic health condition. My kidneys failed in 2014. I am alive on Dialysis since then. I work as a taxi driver and earn above specified limits but it's my first year & havnt filed tax returns.

I am in this country since 2008 (with 1 year break)

It s gonna cost too much distress if I don't succeed at this point of time in my life.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:08 pm

sameerb wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:52 pm
Pls can someone advise?

I have a 3 year old child born in the uk

I have chronic health condition. My kidneys failed in 2014. I am alive on Dialysis since then. I work as a taxi driver and earn above specified limits but it's my first year & havnt filed tax returns.

I am in this country since 2008 (with 1 year break)

It s gonna cost too much distress if I don't succeed at this point of time in my life.
Don't worry because you will be switched into flrfp 10 years of route if can't meet financial requirement
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi Seagul,

I can't thank you enough for your advise.

just wondering my 11 year stay was not continuous. I had 1 year break. Will I still be considered for FLR (FL)

My daughter was born in the uk but we applied for her home country passport & she has got BRP as she travelled abroad.

Do I need to menation my health condition to them as well?

Thanks again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:38 pm

sameerb wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:40 pm
Hi Seagul,

I can't thank you enough for your advise.

just wondering my 11 year stay was not continuous. I had 1 year break. Will I still be considered for FLR (FL)

Do I need to menation my health condition to them as well?

Thanks again.
Your previous break has only relevance to long residence where 10 years of continuous residence is needed for ILR but not for flrfp. But usually flrfp applications take considerable amount of time with no guarantee of success. Regarding health, if the application form ask that question then answer it correctly otherwise no need.