ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Onlne naturalisation application timeline with ILR under Taufik Lounes case

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Malik_01

Onlne naturalisation application timeline with ILR under Taufik Lounes case

Post by Malik_01 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello everyone,

This board has been a great help over the past few years and I hope you would shed some of your experience with this query as well.

I applied for naturalisation online in July 2019. I got my biometrics done in the same month. I received an email with the case ID number. Since then, I have not received any correspondence from HO. I wonder whether someone here had a different experience with them. Did HO contact you regarding additional documents after your biometrics and how long did it take for you to get your decision if your partner is a dual national, that is EU and British.

Many thanks in advance,

Malik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Onlne naturalisation application timeline with ILR under Taufik Lounes case

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Your route to British citizenship is completely irrelevant. Everyone has to meet exactly the same requirements and there is no preference/special consideration/scrutiny for any particular route.

Ho also do not keep you updated every step of the process for citizenship. You simply need to wait to hear back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Malik_01

Post by Malik_01 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 pm
Your route to British citizenship is completely irrelevant. Everyone has to meet exactly the same requirements and there is no preference/special consideration/scrutiny for any particular route.

Ho also do not keep you updated every step of the process for citizenship. You simply need to wait to hear back.
Thank you CR001 for your reply. I was basically trying to know others experience in getting the BC with dual national family member. The requirements for having a dual national spouse is different if you only have an EU spouse, as you are eligible to apply after your ILR/SS and do not need to wait 12months after it to pass and apply for your BC. I know I have to wait minimum 6 months anyway before asking for an update. I wonder since the online application, processing has been improved, as they did with Settled status applicaions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:11 pm

Citizenship is a completely different application to settled status.

It still takes a couple of months and up to 6 months and sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.