ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof we live together

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nickmpco

Proof we live together

Post by nickmpco » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR (hopefully tomorrow) based on 5 years as a Tier 2 worker. My wife will be applying to extend her Tier 2 visa. We have completed both applications, and are now double checking everything before submitting.

My wife's document list requires her to submit "Document showing you and your partner are living together (for example, a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement)." However there are no specific requirements. I have a council tax letter addressed to both of us dated within the past month.

Scanning this forum, I see that 'cohabitation' evidence requires evidence of living together for 2 years with multiple pieces of correspondence. However, our application just calls for a document (not plural).

Has there been a rule change here? Or perhaps we are not required to show as much for some reason?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Proof we live together

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Two years worth of evidence from at least 3 sources. Any document can be used that shows your address
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nickmpco

Post by nickmpco » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:30 pm
Two years worth of evidence from at least 3 sources. Any document can be used that shows your address
Thanks so much for your reply. It doesn't seem to specify this anywhere on the online application; it just says document (singular) - is that normal? Also, could we rely on two years of evidence from the same source (e.g. council tax statement from both 2019 and 2017?).

Thanks again.
Nick

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 am

nickmpco wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 am
Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:30 pm
Thanks so much for your reply. It doesn't seem to specify this anywhere on the online application; it just says document (singular) - is that normal? Also, could we rely on two years of evidence from the same source (e.g. council tax statement from both 2019 and 2017?).

Thanks again.
Nick
The guidance says you have to prove subsisting relationship and that is the cohabitation documents. As Zimba said you need to prove you lived together for the last 2 years, 3/4 different sources spread evenly across the last 2 years i.e. covering every 3-4 months.

Council Tax bills
tenancy agreement/mortgage papers
joint bank accounts
Tv license
water/elec/gas bills
UK license
etc

ideally a couple docs should be in joint names otherwise top it up with solo names but same address.

Note: Online checklist is not always accurate. First source of info should always be the official guidance.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi,
I have recently uploaded cohabitation document for my wife 's ILR and I tried to include as many as I can from multiple resources which includes but are not limited to Council Letters for Electoral register,Council Tax Bill,Prepaid Prescription certificate letter, Hospital Letters, Bank Letters/statements,Utility Letters such as Virgin media ones, e-ON etc, GP Letters with three different dates in the last two years, confirming old and new address.
I could not arrange them properly as per year (Sep 17=Sep 19), but hopefully will do as much as I can before her Bio metric appointment.

Regards.