ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

MrsNonEU
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by MrsNonEU » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 pm

DrSSKhan wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm
Hi guys, please guide me. I am searching for the correct home office's email address. The one on which I can write an email and request escalation of my pre-settlement status application due to my circumstances. Many people have done it but somehow they are reluctant to share it. I don't know why.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
I though you can only contact them via the EU Resolution Centre? That would be helpful if we can contact them directly. Cause even when i contacted the centre, they keep saying they will escalate but until now no news.

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Kanuppal wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 pm
Hello guys,

This forum is really helpful and I have few questikn if anyone can spare some time to answer please.
Q1) I have come to uk 3 days back on eea family permit which is expiring in January 2020. I dont have any BRC and just wanted to ask that from where and how can I apply for BRC?
Q2) My wife is a german citizen and has been staying with me in canada for last 5 years. She also doesnt have any BRC. Does she also need to apply for it ?
Q3) How do we prove that we residence of UK ? I know we will be given pre settled status but what do we need to prove ?
Q4) As I am non eu citizen do I need to submit my passport by post?

Thank you very much
Kan
Hi there . We have got similar case . But in my one my was everything ready before we moved to Uk from France . My husband is French . So me and my husband are living in my sister house . And we had open our opened our join bank account and got National Insurance number previously . So me and my husband applied for eu settlement scheme without any previous BRC . My husband applied after 3 days after we have arrived . Just for proof of address he just got contract sim from three . So he got proof of address from that . And he got his pre settlement in just 2 days . And for me I applied after he got his pre settlement with his reference number. And then here I am waiting for my Coa and status confirmation still and it’s been 3 weeks .

MrsNonEU
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by MrsNonEU » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Kanuppal wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 pm
Hello guys,

This forum is really helpful and I have few questikn if anyone can spare some time to answer please.
Q1) I have come to uk 3 days back on eea family permit which is expiring in January 2020. I dont have any BRC and just wanted to ask that from where and how can I apply for BRC?
Q2) My wife is a german citizen and has been staying with me in canada for last 5 years. She also doesnt have any BRC. Does she also need to apply for it ?
Q3) How do we prove that we residence of UK ? I know we will be given pre settled status but what do we need to prove ?
Q4) As I am non eu citizen do I need to submit my passport by post?

Thank you very much
Kan
I am also like you I arrived with a EEA Family Permit, used to hold a Tier 4 visa.

Ans 1) If I am not mistaken, for us, Non eu family member, we get a residence card after we have sucessfully got the status. It would arrive a week after.
Ans 2) I think she just need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Ans 3) Your UK tenancy agreement, flight itinerary, bills (i.e electricity, water, gas), UK bank statement,...
Ans 4) You only need to submit your passport by post if they asked you to. Because I did not need to at the moment.

justmigs
Newly Registered

Post by justmigs » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Update - Our EU Settlement Scheme timeline, so far, below for Pre-Settled Status (with additional details for reference, comparison):

Applicants: EEA wife + EEA daughter + Non-EEA spouse (yours truly) with EEA2 BRC

2019.09.07 - Applied w/ Android App and completed the online form
2019.09.07 - All 3 COAs received
2019.09.19 - Request for evidence of wife’s residence over last 6 months
2019.09.19 - Further evidence submitted

Now waiting for either a request for even more documentation or the outcome. Some extra details (also updated)...

- my application, as well as our daughter's, were linked to my wife's application number
- my wife's automated checks were unsuccessful, so we uploaded council tax bills from February 2017 to the present day and her P60s (to April-19) and payslips (to June-19) as evidence of residence
- additional evidence submitted: last 6 utility bills and bank statements with my wife’s name
- evidence of marriage uploaded: scan of BRC, translated marriage certificate, extract from Swedish population register
- evidence of parent-child relationship uploaded: UK birth certificate

Kuku123
Newly Registered

Post by Kuku123 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:53 pm

I am still waiting I applied since August 1st.
COA received sameday
Settled statue pending I am worried

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:16 am

Yasir nisar wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 pm

I have provided Marriage certificate, divorce certificate, our bank statement, supporting letter ( mentioned all history of my visa applications and the reason why I can’t provide my ex id), my ex expired passport copy, my ex prevision license copy.
" our bank statement " Was it Joint Bank Statement? Did they accept even though you are not living with her and divorced
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:19 am

DrSSKhan wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm
Hi guys, please guide me. I am searching for the correct home office's email address. The one on which I can write an email and request escalation of my pre-settlement status application due to my circumstances. Many people have done it but somehow they are reluctant to share it. I don't know why.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start

mohsinali12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinali12 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi All,

I have a question if someone guide me i will be very thankfull please

I am EEA extended Family member
i made application June 2014 and got my resident card for 5 year Feb 2017.

i applied Eu settlement scheme settled status 6 Sep 2019 and Recieved my COA 9 sep 2019 after 3 days.

i am worried 😰😰because i dont know which status i will get from HO either pre-settle status or Settled status because from my application submitted date to now already 5 years and i am still livinng dependently but I got RC 2017.

i submitted sponser statments,passpport, mortgage, council tax bills, funds supprt throughout 5 years.

could you help me please ???

Askım12700
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Askım12700 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:42 pm

If you got 5years marriage certificate get settle if less 5years pre settle

mohsinali12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinali12 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Askım12700 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:42 pm
i dont have marriage certificate because i am a extended family member depndent on my uncle, we have a birth certificates only, which showing our realtions.and at the time of my application i submitted 2014. and we submitted funds supports that uncle is suportting me throughout whole 5 years till now.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:00 pm

mohsinali12 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:43 pm
Askım12700 wrote:
i dont have marriage certificate because i am a extended family member depndent on my uncle, we have a birth certificates only, which showing our realtions.and at the time of my application i submitted 2014. and we submitted funds supports that uncle is suportting me throughout whole 5 years till now.

You can not get SETTLED STATUS now. You right under EU LAW start from EEA RC ISSUED DATE . Extended family members do not have an automatic right to reside in the UK and must be issued with a document by the Home Office before they can begin accumulating time towards permanent residence.

so Feruary 2022

Yasir nisar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Yasir nisar » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:23 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:16 am
Yasir nisar wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 pm

I have provided Marriage certificate, divorce certificate, our bank statement, supporting letter ( mentioned all history of my visa applications and the reason why I can’t provide my ex id), my ex expired passport copy, my ex prevision license copy.
" our bank statement " Was it Joint Bank Statement? Did they accept even though you are not living with her and divorced
I mean her bank statement and my bank statement, the time we were together before divorce.
We never had a joint account.

mohsinali12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinali12 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:59 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:00 pm
mohsinali12 wrote:
Askım12700 wrote:

You can not get SETTLED STATUS now. You right under EU LAW start from EEA RC ISSUED DATE . Extended family members do not have an automatic right to reside in the UK and must be issued with a document by the Home Office before they can begin accumulating time towards permanent residence.

so Feruary 2022

Thanks for Your reply.

I am here posting a link where it clearly says they are eligible from the date of applications.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/how-to- ... us-brexit/

so confused 😰 please help

mohsinali12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinali12 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:32 pm

mohsinali12 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:59 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
mohsinali12 wrote:
Askım12700 wrote:

so Feruary 2022

Thanks for Your reply.

I am here posting a link where it clearly says they are eligible from the date of applications.

anybody please guide me...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:37 pm

mohsinali12 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:32 pm
mohsinali12 wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
mohsinali12 wrote:

so Feruary 2022

Thanks for Your reply.

It is not referring to the date of application of your extended family member residence card in 2014. It refers to the date of application of settled status.

You don't qualify for settled status yet as your 5 years only starts from date of RC issue in 2017.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohsinali12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinali12 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:37 pm
mohsinali12 wrote:
mohsinali12 wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

so Feruary 2022

Thanks for Your reply.

It is not referring to the date of application of your extended family member residence card in 2014. It refers to the date of application of settled status.

You don't qualify for settled status yet as your 5 years only starts from date of RC issue in 2017.

thank you when i get update i will post my timline here, Thanks

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kanuppal » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Hello guys,

I have moved to uk recently with my wife(german citizen) on EEA family permit. Now we will be applying for pre settled status and from what I understand it's better that my wife apply first for a pre settled status and then using her reference number I apply for pre settled status. We have been living in canada for last 3 years happily married and we just moved to uk 1 week back.

My question is that what documents do i need to ensure that i get pre settles status. As it has been only 1 week here the only documents I have are marriage certificate from canada and bank statement that we just just opened last week. Also is there lot of scrutunity to get even pre settles status? Any help will be highly appreciated.

justmigs
Newly Registered

Post by justmigs » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Update #2 - Our EU Settlement Scheme timeline, so far, below for Pre-Settled Status (with additional details for reference, comparison):

Applicants: EEA wife + EEA daughter + Non-EEA spouse (yours truly) with EEA2 BRC

2019.09.20 - EEA wife receives Pre-Settled Status

Now waiting for our daughter's PSS (we were told that this would be automatic when my wife receives hers; that's proving untrue) and mine. Some extra details...

- my application, as well as our daughter's, were linked to my wife's application number
- my wife's automated checks were unsuccessful, so we uploaded council tax bills from February 2017 to the present day and her P60s (to April-19) and payslips (to June-19) as evidence of residence
- additional evidence submitted: last 6 utility bills and bank statements with my wife’s name
- evidence of marriage uploaded: scan of BRC, translated marriage certificate, extract from Swedish population register

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:47 am

mohsinali12 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 pm
CR001 wrote:
mohsinali12 wrote:
mohsinali12 wrote:

Thanks for Your reply.

Attachments
Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 02.47.03.png
Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 02.47.03.png (953.47 KiB) Viewed 2025 times

mohsinali12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinali12 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:02 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:47 am
mohsinali12 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 pm
CR001 wrote:
mohsinali12 wrote:

askme82 hi,

your post saying, you do not have permission to veiw this attachment,

what is it?

justmigs
Newly Registered

Post by justmigs » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Update #3 - Our EU Settlement Scheme timeline, so far, below for Pre-Settled Status (with additional details for reference, comparison):

2019.09.23 - I receive my Pre-Settled Status

Now waiting for our daughter's Pre Settled Status (we were told that this would be automatic when my wife receives hers; that's proving untrue). Some extra details...

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:00 pm

justmigs wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:37 pm
Update #3 - Our EU Settlement Scheme timeline, so far, below for Pre-Settled Status (with additional details for reference, comparison):

2019.09.23 - I receive my Pre-Settled Status

Now waiting for our daughter's Pre Settled Status (we were told that this would be automatic when my wife receives hers; that's proving untrue). Some extra details...

Congratulations!!!We want more good news flowing.

Adnane2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adnane2015 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:10 pm

PeOPLe wHo ArE sTiLL waiting BeTweN 6 & 4 Months ! Any good or bad timeLiNeS !!
Mine is almost 4 Months and StiLL counting !!

(what a disgrace tought Hostility is over)
Civilised way to Make you regret the day you dicided to come uk :wink: :wink:

Mobee7
Newly Registered

Post by Mobee7 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:56 am

Hello I need help I have a tribunal hearing next month for eea extended family application. But I'm married to my eu partner now and apply for the settled status last month. I'm now waiting for my decision to come.. But what should I do now. Go for the hearing or just withdraw and wait for the settlement scheme to come through. Thanks please help

Nonu_Buba
Newly Registered

Post by Nonu_Buba » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 pm

Applied as a Non - EU family member pre - settled status via the EUSS (BC) paper application, timeline as follows:

Applied: 27/06/2019
Biometrics requested: 04/06/2019
Biometrics completed: 15/06/2019
COA: 15/08/2019

We're starting to panic a bit now in limbo. We're 21 weeks pregnant expecting our first and it seems as though everything in our life is on hold (except growing bump) until we receive a decision. My husband (the applicant) had a EUfam resident card for the Republic of Ireland where we exercised our treaty rights living and working for the last 4 years, before returning to the UK first on a resident permit in January to apply to this EUSS as soon as the paper applications became available. We call once a week and they just say our application is positively progressing and we should have a decision soon. Should I be worried, has anyone been refused in a similar situation? Is it just a matter of waiting game?