ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRELAND MARRIAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Corw

Re: IRELAND MARRIAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Post by Corw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:22 pm

DanaMarie wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 am
Harry4042 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:15 pm
I have interview next month. Please advice me above question. If I tell them I am working. They gonna say you are not allowed to work bla bla. If I say I am not working. Then they say how you surving in €800 euro a month. Please advice thanks
I can't imagine that anyone in this forum is going to advise you to be anything other than 100% honest in an immigration interview.
Hi Harry
You will have to tell them that you are working because they need to put it down your occupation detail at marriage certificate. you dont need to worry about it, can you please tell me where you marriage interview is conducting ? and how long it took to book an appointment? dose your spouse working ?

Harry4042
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Harry4042 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:47 am

Thanks It’s in Kildare office and you normally get a appointment date after a month. That day you bring your all required documents with you. I heard they do sometimes same day interview or they might give you another appointment for the interview. And marriage will be conducted after three months from the day you checked your documents.My partner not working.

Corw

Post by Corw » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Harry4042 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:47 am
Thanks It’s in Kildare office and you normally get a appointment date after a month. That day you bring your all required documents with you. I heard they do sometimes same day interview or they might give you another appointment for the interview. And marriage will be conducted after three months from the day you checked your documents.My partner not working.
She need to show them that she is working becoz they gonna put down your work details on your marriage certificate.
they gonna ask some questions from both of you. bear in your mind that your answers should match with each others when registrar take interview.
otherwise they got power to reject proceeding marriage notification and you will not be able to serve marriage notification in different registrar office in future .
because registrar office keeps details in their system which is centralise.

julie1823
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by julie1823 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:47 pm

rosy1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm
Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place. My partner and I are due to have our marriage interview. I'm EU and he's non-EU. I know that we have nothing to worry about since our relationship is genuine but we're kind of nervous for some reason and have no idea what to expect. Anyone been through the marriage interview? What questions do they ask? How long does the interview last for? When do you hear back about the outcome.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Rosy :)
Hi, your interview must be done now but I'm answering to help the next people who will need this information.
My boyfriend is non-EU (asylum seeker) and I'm EU. We first went to the office to register, at this moment they gave us the date for two appointments and for the date of the marriage. We had a first appointment just to drop all the papers they ask for. The second one was for the interview because they wanted to check if it was not a fake marriage. The interview was separated.
The questions :
- The language both of you speak, your common language
- How, when and where did you meet, when did your relationship get serious.
- If you are paid by someone to get married, money or payment between the couple or by a third partie.
- Questions about your family and the family of your partner (do you have any brother or sister, where they live, same for your parents)
- Do you live together, is it a flat or a house, how many bedrooms there are, do you have flatmate
- What are your hobbies together, what activities do you share
- If you already traveled together somewhere
- Do you have several nationalities, if you are entitled to live in other countries.
- They also asked me why the marriage do not take place in my country (EU country)
- What is the situation of your partner if he is non-EU, with which type of visa and when did he arrived in Ireland. When did he ask for the asylum

We hope our information can help few of you !

After we both did this interview the man, asked us to wait. They gave us an answer after 10/15 min waiting and explained us how the marriage will take place and what we will need to do.