ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ent (50k)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Cohabitation Documents and Business Activity

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:57 pm

Emirates wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:25 am
Hi Zimba, Marcnath, Cr001, Tier1147 and all seniors,

I am submitting my ILR application on basis of Tier 1 ent (50k). I have couple of question listed below:

1) Cohabitation documents - I am attaching D/L, Council bill from 2019 on joint names, Utility bill on wife name, credit card statements, HMRC letter of wife, Personal bank statements of both. My question is do I need to submit Utility bills for 24 months? sorry might be a daft question but I know you will understand.

2) Bank Letter and Bank statements - I am attaching bank letter confirming I am sole signatory and 1 month of business bank statements. my concern is as I am 50k route only rent payments and couple of contrart payments coming into account 5K, 500, 350 like these and no wages as I currently have two part time employees and both get paid in cash. Business insurance and everything is visible in the statement. Do I have to attach both or bank letter will suffice. The bank statement can have positive and negative impact.

3) The directors roles and responsibility. I have read this somewhere on this forum but this is something not mentioned by my solicitor. Do I need to add the paragraph in the cover letter regarding this.

I appreciate I have asked the question regarding Bank letter previously but wanted to tell you about the reason y I am hesitant to not provide HO with the bank statements. I have contract with big company to Audit there work and I do it from my office.

God Bless!

Many Thanks,

Emi
1) You need to show cohab docs for the last 2 years. 3/4 different sources spread evenly over the last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months.

2) I cant really comment on how the CW perceives it. However, the requirement is just to prove that your business has a UK bank account. I personally dont think sending a bank statement (with less transactions) would have any negative impact but HO has the right to ask for any additional documents to satisfy genuineness if required. If you are worried, you may only send the bank letter alone.

3) This has been discussed numerous times on this forum already. It is needed under the new rules.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/director-rol ... 89119.html

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... 69650.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Thanks Tier1147

My friend who did application of ILR with me did not submit the director role etc and got his ILR in 3 weeks so wanted to ask if this is mandatory? It is not showing on the main guidance however when you go in Appendix for business activity then there are 3 subtypes. Do we need to provide all of these?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Tier 1 guidance pg 27:

“(c) Regardless of whether you are self-employed, a director or member, you must also provide:
(i) an overview of your business’s activity, including an explanation of the goods or services it provides to its customers or clients; and
(ii) your job title and job description, setting out your role within the company, how you are implementing your business plan and what your main tasks and responsibilities are in running the business on a day-to-day basis.”

pg 29:

“(c) Confirmation of the employment start date, job title, job description, hours paid per pay period and the hourly rate for each settled worker relied upon to claim points, including any changes in the hours worked per pay period or the hourly rate and the dates of those changes.”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:55 pm

This is a common misunderstanding that these rules fall under the extension rules only. However, business activity rules at extension stage also applies at ILR stage.
I cant speak for your friend. Its up to what route you want to choose. We can only advise.

Plus if your friend got his ILR in 3 weeks its awesome as no one active on this forum has reported that early decision. You should actually follow his foot steps and copy the same documents he sent.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:55 pm
Plus if your friend got his ILR in 3 weeks...You should actually follow his foot steps and copy the same documents he sent.
😂

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 pm

Haha. I wish I could copy.

I have added the information below on my cover letter. Please advise If you think this make sense:

"Please note that I am sole director and signatory of ×××. My company is compliance, business, management and banking consultancy company. Our clients are small businesses, Individuals, SME’s and reputable outsourcing companies. We provide wide variety of services such as AML compliance, Audit of operational and internal controls, accounts reconciliations etc.

I am personally involved in negotiating the contracts, agree deadlines with the clients, look after the day to day business activities, provide steer to my employees on how to process the work, office maintenance and health and safety of everyone in the office.

Our company has zero tolerance on beloved based on color, race, religion and ethnicity. We Aim to be UK’s big companies in future. ××× was setup in Feb., 2014 and since then I never looked back. Company is progressing steadily every year and I am aiming to be one of the biggest management and compliance consultants in the UK and provide job opportunities in the UK Markets. We had a little impact due to brexit uncertainty but this was managed in time by introducing changes and relationship building with our existing and new clients. The scope is really high in UK markets for our company and we are aiming to go international in future.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon. If you require further information please feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

Yours truly,"

Your valuable advise will be appreciated. Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Looks fine.
I would advise you to keep it simple and to the point as per the guidance. Pointers or just a small para will be enough.
Also, you need to describe employee jobs roles/description.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Thanks Tier1147.

Appreciate your input.

How can I cover this Info.

Job 1 full time - Compluance Analyst (left) july
Job 2 Partime - 2 employess both admin assisstant.

How much detail I need to provide about there Jobs as I dont want to give away too much info. Any idea please ? Or any example ?

Thank You!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Emirates wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:41 pm
Thanks Tier1147.

Appreciate your input.

How can I cover this Info.

Job 1 full time - Compluance Analyst (left) july
Job 2 Partime - 2 employess both admin assisstant.

How much detail I need to provide about there Jobs as I dont want to give away too much info. Any idea please ? Or any example ?

Thank You!
You will state the job title in the online form anyways. So just state the job description simply in 2/3 lines. There is not much feedback on this as its a new rule plus no template how to mention this. Just 2/3 simple lines will tick the box.

Also, I tried to summarise my experience in the following thread. Might help you:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-1-ent-a ... 81140.html

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:56 pm

That is perfect.

I take it that you applied your visa in may. Was the decision quick??. I have also read the guidance which has got scary genuine entrepreneur test things. In all cases the case worker need to do paper test and add it to the file. I have a decent website which is updated and couple of reviews from 2018 and 2019. I have a facebook page but not linked to website I might try to get it linked. I will try to add testimonials on my website as you correctly mentioned these thing help in the genuine entrepreneur test.

Cant wait for this ordeal to get over. I will go to Bahamas or dubai on holidays for a year after this.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Emirates wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:56 pm
That is perfect.

I take it that you applied your visa in may. Was the decision quick??. I have also read the guidance which has got scary genuine entrepreneur test things. In all cases the case worker need to do paper test and add it to the file. I have a decent website which is updated and couple of reviews from 2018 and 2019. I have a facebook page but not linked to website I might try to get it linked. I will try to add testimonials on my website as you correctly mentioned these thing help in the genuine entrepreneur test.

Cant wait for this ordeal to get over. I will go to Bahamas or dubai on holidays for a year after this.

Thanks!
I applied on 1st Jan 2019 and approved on 2nd May 2019 so it took 4 months.

Just tried to list few suggestions as per my experience. Good luck!
Hope you go on holidays very soon... Emirates and Dubai go together ;) 😜

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Thank you!

I have added bank statement of a month and a bank letter. Just got a funny fealing that my 2 employees part time are both cash and payments not showing in my bank statements and guidance give you an option bank statement or bank letter. I am thinking to take the bank statement out and just leave the letter.

Bank Letter is:

To whom it may conern

I can confirm that mr xxx hold active personal and business accounts with Natwest.

Bank Account Details:
Acc
Sort code

The business account has been active since 30/06/2014 and there are no issues concerning the usage of account.
Mr x is sole signatory on the business account

Yours sincerely

Xx
Customer service manager.

Does this suffice the requirement?

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 am

Emirates wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:46 pm
Thank you!

I have added bank statement of a month and a bank letter. Just got a funny fealing that my 2 employees part time are both cash and payments not showing in my bank statements and guidance give you an option bank statement or bank letter. I am thinking to take the bank statement out and just leave the letter.

Bank Letter is:

To whom it may conern

I can confirm that mr xxx hold active personal and business accounts with Natwest.

Bank Account Details:
Acc
Sort code

The business account has been active since 30/06/2014 and there are no issues concerning the usage of account.
Mr x is sole signatory on the business account

Yours sincerely

Xx
Customer service manager.

Does this suffice the requirement?

Thank you!
Yes it does. If I was you I would go with my own gut feeling. Its your application so you know the best. Bank letter alone is sufficient.

tier1lah1

Post by tier1lah1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi Emirates. May I know whether your friend who got his ILR in 3 weeks submitted just the minimum requirements or did he submit additional documents such as Annual accounts?

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 pm

How did your friend do it Emirate. That is a record time decision. Did you find out what he did . I think you should do exactly what he did in order to get same level of turnaround time for decision.
Bizman

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:05 pm

He was on £200k.

Nothing extra. He provided 3 months of business bank statements and bank letter.

No extra documents.

He n his wife only applied there son leave also expired around that time but they did not applied for him nor mentioned on the cover letter. After 1 week of submission they got an email asking whereabouts of there kid. So they sent his pictures along with birth certificate and confirmed they will apply for nauturalisation once they receive their ILR. So when they sent him this email in a week time they got confirmation about ILR so this all happened in 2/3 weeks. Happy for him and his family.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR applied - Sopra Steria Bio done

Post by Emirates » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi all

I have applied my Ilr 50k and given my biomatrics at sopra steria and paid £100 fee.

Wanted to ask to that they havent given me any receipt or reference number. Is it normal?

Also when I check my ULVCAS login I am still able to see my documents and still can make changes. Like upload or remove but I wont.

So not sure how would I know that my application is under review

Thanks

Emirates

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR applied - Sopra Steria Bio done

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:11 pm

Emirates wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 pm
Hi all

I have applied my Ilr 50k and given my biomatrics at sopra steria and paid £100 fee.

Wanted to ask to that they havent given me any receipt or reference number. Is it normal?

Also when I check my ULVCAS login I am still able to see my documents and still can make changes. Like upload or remove but I wont.

So not sure how would I know that my application is under review

Thanks

Emirates
1) No receipt or acknowledgment is provided after UKVCAS appt.
Some applicants receive monthly automated emails. Some dont even receive that.

2) The account will stay active even after a decision is made. Any documents uploaded after UKVCAS appt will not be shown to HO anyways. Just leave that as it is.

You just have to wait now.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:21 pm

InshAllah. Do dua brothers

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Just for info: My sopra account is STILL active even 5 months after I have received the decision. Lol

Goodluck

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Its just new thing for all of us so it was a bit weird plus I noted that it is better that you scan all your documents before and just go there for bio. There was a state of panic and sopra steria staff were doing blunders. Like scanning and doing bios for wife in husband profile and husbands in wifes. Lol.

Hoping for the best and prayers for all who are waiting or applying for ILR.

🙏

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 am

All the best mate.
Bizman

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Hmrc - baliff letter.

Post by Emirates » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi all,

I have received a balliff letter for one of tax quarter back in 2018. I have paid all in full including corporation tax and all the Paye taxes. I have applied ILR 21st september based on tier 1 entrepreneur 50k. Do you think this will cause any delays?

Received letter after my application and biomatrics.

Thank you

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:38 pm

I thought you already got your ILR
Bizman

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:20 am

It was my friend if you read the thread. He had his approved in 3 weeks. 200k category