ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jama44
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by jama44 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 am

So my 15 working days since biometrics will be this Friday.

Have not heard a word since I got the "Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre."

Should I worry or just wait?

Ara123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ara123 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:58 am

jama44 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 am

Have not heard a word since I got the "Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre."

Once the application is in decision making centre the only option is to wait can't do much about it as we can't directly contact the centre. You can try calling the paid service and ask them coz in my case I was just waiting then I called them and they told me the decision has been made and they escalate the case. I'm still waiting for over a month now

Ara123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ara123 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am

Afiabajan wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Ara123 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:14 pm
Afiabajan wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:06 pm
Ara123 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:41 pm
I am Indian national and my Husband is Polish national I applied for EEA family permit and submitted the required documents. I had my biometrics done in Warsaw.

07th August-Boimetric and submission of documents.Recieved email-Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.
14th August-Recieved email-Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre.
19th August-Recieved email-Require additional document which were provide on the same day
20th August-Recieved email-Application not straightforward. Tried contacting the UK visa contact centre payed services they replied saying we cant provide any individual time frame.
30th August-Called the contact center payed services. The lady on the phone couldnt speak clear english she hardly understood english, somehow after managing to convey the situation she said that the decision for my application was already made on 22nd august which I didnt recieve any update about. She said she will escalate my case.
02nd September-Called again and the same lady was there on the phone she was about to escalate the case after I called her for second time. I recieved an email from her saying case was escalated and I the decision making center is replying within 15 days.
03rd September-Emailed TLS office enquiring about the case but still pending.

Still waiting for any updates on the case, checking my tracking site every hour looks like I was suppose to recieve my passport by now as the decision was made on 22nd. I dont understand what took so long for the visa office. The paid contact services were helpful for a bit but after spending 30-40pounds they hardly managed to speak english and they cant provide much information.
I think u should go to tls yourself and check if your passport is there, someone had this issue ,only to go to tls to find out his passport has been there for weeks
They sometimes don’t send you a mail to let you know your passport has arrived . Try n go tomorrow cos once you’ve received a confirmation that a decision has been made then it’s definitely with tls

This is so frustrating I'm calling the paid center like 5th time already spend £60 and they can't help me but just escalate my case and wait 15days for reply and then again re escalated. The TLS office confirmed that the passport is directly send by Sheffield visa office to courier company and then to the applicant so no point going there. The service is really ridiculous as we don't have any info where the documents are and there is no way to contact the visa office.
Try withdrawing the application,maybe they’ll take u seriously and send your passport then , if they say a decision has been made , you’ll get your passport with the stamp in it anyways since they can’t tear a page of your passport
I'm not sure about doing that because decision has been made doesn't state anything about the stamp. It would be a risk

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 am

jama44 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 am

Same let’s wait till then

jama44
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by jama44 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 am

So I got a consultant company to contact me and sent me the following information :

https://moveup.co.za/2019/09/05/tls-tracking-disrupted/

TLDR: Seems theres delays on notifications. Chances are your case might be done but due to the error in the system you havent got the notification to go pick it up

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 am

jama44 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 am
So I got a consultant company to contact me and sent me the following information :

https://moveup.co.za/2019/09/05/tls-tracking-disrupted/

TLDR: Seems theres delays on notifications. Chances are your case might be done but due to the error in the system you havent got the notification to go pick it up
I’ll email UKVI on Monday God willing to find out the status of my application if I hear nothing else if they tell me a decision has been made , I’ll go to tls

bluesky12
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

Post by bluesky12 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether I need to receive the passport at my home IN PERSON (from the courier) or someone else can sign it for me at the house while I’m at work? It looks like tomorrow or Saturday I should expect my passport to come back from the Visa center and I might not be home. Can my mom receive it and sign it for me? Or it must be me? :?: :?: :?:

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 pm

@waiting game
Any updates ?

jama44
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by jama44 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:24 am

Got mine yesterday. Went to try my luck and see if it was there (16th working day after biometrics, first thing in the morning)

Told me they'll contact me when its ready. Went home as soon as I walked through the door I got the email and went back.

Was irritating but at least i got it

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 am

Congratulations jama it’s my 17th day today
Am going to them
Enjoy your time with your family

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:04 am

Jama where did u apply from

jama44
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by jama44 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 am

South Africa

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:44 am

I called them a decision has been made
Waiting for the email
Am nervous

Ara123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ara123 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Ara123 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am
Afiabajan wrote:
Ara123 wrote:
Afiabajan wrote:

I think u should go to tls yourself and check if your passport is there, someone had this issue ,only to go to tls to find out his passport has been there for weeks
They sometimes don’t send you a mail to let you know your passport has arrived . Try n go tomorrow cos once you’ve received a confirmation that a decision has been made then it’s definitely with tls

This is so frustrating I'm calling the paid center like 5th time already spend £60 and they can't help me but just escalate my case and wait 15days for reply and then again re escalated. The TLS office confirmed that the passport is directly send by Sheffield visa office to courier company and then to the applicant so no point going there. The service is really ridiculous as we don't have any info where the documents are and there is no way to contact the visa office.
Try withdrawing the application,maybe they’ll take u seriously and send your passport then , if they say a decision has been made , you’ll get your passport with the stamp in it anyways since they can’t tear a page of your passport
I'm not sure about doing that because decision has been made doesn't state anything about the stamp. It would be a risk
Hey guys I'm still waiting for any update it's been 6 weeks and I have tried contacting the local MP and also UK visa complaint websites but no help from anyone. I also tried asking to withdraw the passport but they said that now the decision is made I can't withdraw it. Can there be anything else I could do? I need some help

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:46 pm

@jama
Did u see a white or yellow letter with the passport when u opened the envelope
@ara what delivery service did u use?
Try going there to see
I don’t think asking a relative to go to Sheffield too is an option

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi guys,

On the 13th day after the biometrics, I received the email " the processing of your application has not been straightforward..... We will write to you again if there is any change to this........." does that mean my application was refused? I submitted my docs in TLSContact Madrid.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Hi guys,

On the 13th day after the biometrics, I received the email " the processing of your application has not been straightforward..... We will write to you again if there is any change to this........." does that mean my application was refused? I submitted my docs in TLSContact Madrid.
No, this is a pretty common email. It really means what it means... Well, more waiting time, unfortunately. But it does not mean a refusal or approval.

Dilip0102
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dilip0102 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am

Danidanita wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 pm
Faro786 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 am
@ wifeofaking no I didn’t receive anything yet waiting since January and got a not straightforward email, I’m emailing them since February and all they say is ur application is awaiting a decision, it’s useless to email them the eco doesn’t give a response, But u can email them if u need ur passport urgently or if u have other issues just tell them that u can’t wait for a long time. But let me tell U what their response will be, ur application is being considered and awaiting a decision and if u want to escalate then u I’ll have to wait 15 working days to get a response from the relevant department which they will not respond, that’s what happened to me Lol
Hello Faro786

I also applied for a family permit in February and I havent got a decision yet. Have you received any news from them or any other speech rather than usual when phoning? I recently received this email that I havent seen in this Sheffield section, this may give people a clue about HOs job.

Thank you for your enquiry

As previously advised, prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK.

Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application.

Whilst I appreciate the delays are frustrating for the applicant UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/KGXV4/

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

XXXXX
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

If someone has got his decision recently of applications submitted in January-February please update me your experience. Thanks.
I received similiar email, did you get your visa? whats your timeline, please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:40 am

Dilip0102 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am
I received similiar email, did you get your visa? whats your timeline, please?
@ Dilip0102 - this topic is ONLY for EEA/EU Family Permit applications which are completely different rules and requirements to your Tier 2 query. Please do not post in topics not relevant to your visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ara123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ara123 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:59 am

Ara123 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am
Afiabajan wrote:
Ara123 wrote:
Afiabajan wrote:

Hello everyone just got my passport delivered today on 20 SEP 2019 with EEA FP for 6 months.
The visa validation is from 22nd August to 22Feb 2020.. can't believe they took a month to deliver it to me but anyway thanks everyone for help

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:09 pm

iwolga wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:55 pm
Hola_ wrote:
Hi guys,

No, this is a pretty common email. It really means what it means... Well, more waiting time, unfortunately. But it does not mean a refusal or approval.
Hi,

Should I pay to email them about it or just wait? Has been 16 days now since biometrics.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:22 am

Hola_ wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:09 pm
iwolga wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:55 pm
Hola_ wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi,

Should I pay to email them about it or just wait? Has been 16 days now since biometrics.
From the experience of applicants on this website (and several others as well), it doesn't seem to answer any questions or speed things up. However, it may give you the feeling that you are in control of situation (at least for a bit). So if you want that (and have some extra money), go for it

Luisa87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Luisa87 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:28 am

Hi Guys,

Please advise :| My husband and I, submitted our application on the 22nd of May, we received a message on the 24th of May that our application had been received and followed by:

“UKVI aims to complete all Visit and Points Based System Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why”.

As of today, 24th September 2019, we have not received any update or correspondence at all. I paid a £5.48 fee on the 31st of July to get an update on my husband’s application. The response I received was that the application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. If it had taken more than 15 or 30 working days I should provide details of my husband and the application reference number. I replied back with the details asking for further information. On the 2nd of August I was advised that my case had been escalated to the relevant department and that I would be contacted within 15 working days.

At the end of the SLA period which was given to me, on the 23rd of August, I got in touch again as I hadn’t received any feedback. I received a reply on the 29th of August by a different person saying that my case had been re-escalated so should wait for an additional timeframe of 15 working days and that my patience was greatly appreciated.
I received a response stating that no further information could be provided and I was given a link to complain if I wanted to.
I contacted again on the 11th of September asking for an update as I had still not been contacted and also if we could get the passport we submitted or at least the scanned copy of the original passport for a transaction we needed to make as a matter of urgency, since we didn’t expect the application to take that long. I received a reply on the 13th stating that my case has been escalated once again and I should wait for 15 working days.

I have now submitted a formal complaint and I received an additional email saying that my concerns have been escalated and I should wait a further 15 working days!!!!

The department has published guidelines stating "as a rule EEA Family Permit should be processed in less than 4 weeks and delays of more than 4 weeks are considered unreasonable by the European Commission."
Guidance published online by your department and EC suggests that the manner in which our application has been handled is unreasonable.

Can anyone advise please, I have been reading people's comments but it doesn't look like it has taken anyone more than 4 months to get a response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hazani
Somalia

Post by Hazani » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:57 am

Please help me .Am an EEA national family member as spouse my wife lives in Uk and she is Norwegian citizen . I applied EEA FP from Oslo what else should I provide.Application form 30 September. Biometric done ✅ 4th October. Am anxious. Documents I sent.
What else should i delivered

2 months payslip
Birth certificate of our children
3month bank statement
Job contract
Marriage certificate
Copy my spouse passport
My passport
I don’t know if this enough 🤔🤔🤔

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Day 28 and still waiting for my Family Permit. I am left here in Madrid, I really hope they tell me if I miss any supporting documents rather than this long wait.... ? Is this normal for my case as a child of Spanish citizens living in London? I emailed them, and no reply yet.