ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smithy101

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by smithy101 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:20 pm

smithy101 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 am
Applying from: Jamaica
Type of visa applied for: Spouse & Child Settlement (both priority)
Date application submitted: 17 June 2019
Date bio-metrics taken: 4 July 2019
Documents sent to Sheffield: 5 July 2019
Documents received at Sheffield: 11 July 2019
Documents returned:
ECO email: 15 July 2019
Decision made email:
53 working days and still waiting. I received an reply to the email I sent to Complaints on 20 Aug this morning.

Thank you for your email correspondence of 20 August where you have raised a complaint about your family’s application for Entry Clearance.

I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with our email service.

I have investigated your matter and I can confirm that our contact centre handled your emails correctly. The relevant information was captured and a escalation was raised in line with the correct procedures. I am unable to uphold your complaint.

Prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicants home country and the UK. Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Payment for priority service, means the application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications others but it may still take up to 12 weeks to conclude if we require further checks on the application.

Each application is subject to mandatory checks which can take time to resolve. Although the specific nature and extent of these checks can vary from case to case, they form an important part of the process. Although we seek to process applications with the minimum inconvenience to applicants, the checks are necessary to maintain the high level of security in the process.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application. It is not always appropriate to disclose the exact nature of these checks.

I can confirm the necessary checks have been completed and both applications are now awaiting assessment.

We apologise that an e-mail was not issued after the six weeks service standard period. Applicants are not routinely contacted until the application is out of the 12 week service standard.

In light of your complaint the wording of the standard e-mail has been raised with senior managers to consider amendment.

Whilst we appreciate the delays are frustrating our policy and procedures must remain intact.

You will be contacted directly by the Visa Application Centre as soon as a decision has been made.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Hopefully not much longer now .... we are getting closer to the 12 week mark and I pray the outcome is worth it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:35 am

@ user 'Ara123' - this topic is NOT for EEA Family Permit queries. The topic is specifically ONLY for Spouse Settlement Visa applications under the UK Immigration Rules. Please do not post your questions in this thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi can someone help.Is this normal for TLScontract to hold on to your passport for more than 14 days after decision was made.my application is been decided since the 6th of September but am still waiting for that email pick up or phone call to collect my passport. Its taken so long now and been sick an worried 🙏🙏😥😥.Is this Normal for passport returning?

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:10 pm

moe1985 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm
Hi can someone help.Is this normal for TLScontract to hold on to your passport for more than 14 days after decision was made.my application is been decided since the 6th of September but am still waiting for that email pick up or phone call to collect my passport. Its taken so long now and been sick an worried 🙏🙏😥😥.Is this Normal for passport returning?
Hi maybe try contacting tls or application centre. It happened to someone just recently in Moscow where she called ukvi etc only to get a phone call a few days before the vignette expired. She was also angry as it doesn't take this long. Might be worth looking at the title spouce visa from a few days ago so you should be able to find it. Hope that helps! Otherwise I'm sorry I couldn't help!

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi thank you so much for the advice and i think will ring TLSCONTACT next week if ain't here notting till then.

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 pm
lmrad wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:33 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:27 pm
lmrad wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:00 pm

nothing yet. as per what TLS said on application day : passeport should be returned 7 days after I provided it back.
Hi, Goodluck and please keep us all updated. Similar situation. 49 working days and still heard nothing back. Opted for the keep my passport option. Interested to see how they will contact. Will VFS application centre call, text or email requesting the passport? Does anyone know? Applied from Afghanistan through Pakistan hence my partner needs to keep passport so she can travel back with it. Thanks
Thank you !
I received a paper from tls on bio day where they said that once decision is made , they will contact me over email or phone to provide back the passeport .
I will have 28 calendar days to provide back the passport : either over post or by dropping to their office .
Ukvi then aims to provide the passeport back within 7 working days .
Hope the above helps : it applies to tls , I have no experience with vfs but I assume it should be more or less the same .
Hi thanks for replying. I'm sure it will be something similar. I never got any paperwork confirming this even after payment. All it mentioned was KMP which im guessing is referring to keep my passport.
got my visa! :)
decision made on 09/09 but was contacted by TLS on 13/09 (friday)
went on 16/09 to TLS center and my visa was sticked directly on my passeport, same day, while I was waiting : 5mn in total :)
any new on your side ?

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 am

lmrad wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:34 pm
moe1985 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:29 pm
lmrad wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:45 pm
moe1985 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Hey are on the same boat.Am still waiting for that email aswell, not sure when it's gona come through. They asked me to call them back by Friday if ain't received the passport by friday.Here is hoping and good luck mate...
any news ?
No still waiting for that email ,after I was told there was made last Thursday. How about you any news?
still waiting .. 53WD...
finally got my visa on 16/09 , email from TLS on 13/03.
Any news for you ?

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:37 am

moe1985 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm
decision made on ukvi does not mean your passeport/decision is transfered to TLS.
Still it could be and that TLS is not yet updating you.
did you try to track your application on tls website ?
Also try to contact TLS but also UKVI again : just to be sure.
All my wishes! let us know!

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:09 am

lmrad wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 am
lmrad wrote:
moe1985 wrote:
lmrad wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:45 pm

any news ?
No still waiting for that email ,after I was told there was made last Thursday. How about you any news?
still waiting .. 53WD...
Any news for you ?
Congratulations!! My partner has received email asking for them to submit passport? Would they still require passport if visa has been rejected?

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:15 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:09 am
lmrad wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 am
lmrad wrote:
moe1985 wrote:

still waiting .. 53WD...
Any news for you ?
Congratulations!! My partner has received email asking for them to submit passport? Would they still require passport if visa has been rejected?
no, tthey should not ( that is my understanding) becasue rejection comes as letter, nothing to do with passeport , so you can go ahead and celebrate: CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Update

just walk into TLSCONTACT of in gambia this morning and passport was ready to collection. And visaaaaa granted...🙏🙏Am so please and wishing everyone a very good luck insallah...🙏🙏🙏

megadare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by megadare » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:40 am

Place of Submission : Jakarta / Indonesia
Type of Visa applied for : Wife Settlement Visa
Nationality : Indonesian
Date of Biometric : 2nd July 2019
Application received at UK Decision Making Centre : 15th July 2019
Application has not been straightforward :
19th September 2019

Regarding My Visa Settlement for a Wife , I got an email who saying application has not been straightforward on September 19th 2019 .

It’s been 59 days working days since Biometric’s appointment in Jakarta / Indonesia .

Is anyone got the same problem like above and anyone applied Around that dates like mine ?

Skyfall999
Newly Registered

Post by Skyfall999 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:02 am

Application online: 17June 2019 settlement non priority (Jamaica)
Bio appointment: 04 July 2019
Documents: self uploaded on VFS global online
Eco email: 22 July 2019
Email UKVI paid: 17 Sept 2019 email for updated on application received generic email on 18Sept 2019 as usual they don't know nothing much.
Contact spouse: no
Contact employment: unknown (don't know)
VFS email to collect 19 Sept 2019
Collection made 20Sept 2019
Visa : granted

54 days from biometric to visa granted.
Vignette 30 days from 25th Sept 2019

I have been reading this timeline for a long time very useful.

Over the moon!!! Good luck everyone.

J86
Newly Registered

Post by J86 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:56 pm

Congratulations, u must be over the moon. I’m waiting to hear aswel.

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Finally got the visaaaa.Good luck to everyone who is still waiting....🙏🙏

megadare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by megadare » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:25 am

I’m sending an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and visasheffield@homeoffice.gov.uk to ask about how my visa goes as it’s been 60 days .

Wish me luck guys

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:11 am

Congratsssssssssss!!!!

They had no choice.....

wawuuuuu...
moe1985 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:58 pm
Update

just walk into TLSCONTACT of in gambia this morning and passport was ready to collection. And visaaaaa granted...🙏🙏Am so please and wishing everyone a very good luck insallah...🙏🙏🙏

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:25 am

royjones wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:11 am
Congratsssssssssss!!!!

They had no choice.....

wawuuuuu...
moe1985 wrote:
Update

cheers bro..🙏🙏

bzinnn
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by bzinnn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:17 am

hi guys!
I have received the mail how is below:
Did you know if this generic message means that i have my visa already?

"Dear Applicant,

TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.

You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.

This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems."

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 am

bzinnn wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:17 am
hi guys!
I have received the mail how is below:
Did you know if this generic message means that i have my visa already?

"Dear Applicant,

TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.

You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.

This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems."

Hi if a visa was to get rejected how they inform you? Would it be via email or a letter sent to the sponsor. My partner applied for submission without passport. Received an email on friday asking for her to submit passport. Does this mean the visa has been granted or can they still reject? If so, will they actually need the passport to be submitted?

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:29 am

59 working days and nothing .... :(
Bio-metrics done in Jamaica on 4th July.
Priority application for both my Husband and Step-son.

Email from home office on 17/09/2019 stating "I can confirm the necessary checks have been completed and both applications are now awaiting assessment".

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:04 pm

On my 60th working day I received the following in an email ...

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

This is after them telling me all of the checks on the application have been made and they are just waiting assessment.

Does anyone know what I can do from here? I have tried contacting my local MP (Boris Johnson), as you can imagine he is extremely busy at the moment!

34 weeks pregnant and lost all hope. Please advise.

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Skyfall999 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:02 am
Application online: 17June 2019 settlement non priority (Jamaica)
Bio appointment: 04 July 2019
Documents: self uploaded on VFS global online
Eco email: 22 July 2019
Email UKVI paid: 17 Sept 2019 email for updated on application received generic email on 18Sept 2019 as usual they don't know nothing much.
Contact spouse: no
Contact employment: unknown (don't know)
VFS email to collect 19 Sept 2019
Collection made 20Sept 2019
Visa : granted

54 days from biometric to visa granted.
Vignette 30 days from 25th Sept 2019

I have been reading this timeline for a long time very useful.

Over the moon!!! Good luck everyone.
Congratulations! This is amazing.

We have literally the same timeline (I also applied from Jamaica, same application and bio-metrics date, although I applied priority and I am still waiting. Currently on 61 working days.

enkay
Newly Registered

Post by enkay » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Online Application submitted: 28 June 2019
Priority/Non priority: Non priority
Supporting documents submitted: 03 July 2019 (self-uploaded on TLS eDossier site - instructions for the self-upload option said that the documents had to be uploaded and submitted before the biometrics appointment date)
Biometrics enrolled: 04 July 2019
ECO email: 24 July 2019
Employer contacted by UKVI: N/A
Sponsor contacted by UKVI: N/A
First call to call centre to check on progress of application: 19 September 2019 - told still awaiting a decision
Second call to call centre: 24 September 2019 - told decision had been made
UKVI 'Decision made' email: Non received
TLS email for collection: 25 September 2019 (2 emails received from TLS, 'TLScontact Application ready for collection' and 'TLScontact Application assessed by UK Visas and Immigration')
Status: Passport collected and visa granted. Decision letter dated 18 September 2019 (53WD after biometrics)

Good luck to everyone waiting!

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:36 pm

moe1985 wrote:
Update

Congratulations !!!!