ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: UK Spouse Visa Requirements

Post by Archer1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

AJ100 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:55 pm
Hello Rubaarya,

Thank you for the advise, it is very helpful!
We are planning to have the biometrics done at VFS Delhi but the document submission at VFS as I will not have the documents ready on time as I am travelling next week.
Do you have any knowledge about how this will work out as I read in the from the sponsor can submit the document also in the UK and biometrics can in India?
Many thanks in advance and yes off course I will share my experience.

Regards,
AJ
Yes, any one can get documents sumbitted either sponsor or applicant.
__A

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:53 am

AJ100 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:55 pm
Hello Rubaarya,

Thank you for the advise, it is very helpful!
We are planning to have the biometrics done at VFS Delhi but the document submission at VFS as I will not have the documents ready on time as I am travelling next week.
Do you have any knowledge about how this will work out as I read in the from the sponsor can submit the document also in the UK and biometrics can in India?
Many thanks in advance and yes off course I will share my experience.

Regards,
AJ
yes it's possible. Found these links on vfs https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... g-with-you
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents

Also, once you complete your application and download the checklist, on it, it states that "From the 5 November 2018 any evidence you provide can be originals or copies." I also checked with a solicitor on this one. Apparently, you don't really have to ship originals to whoever is applying, they will accept scanned copies.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:20 am

Hi All

I have some questions regarding the BRP card and my (applicant) job in India.

1. Do we get the BRP after the 1-month vignette's expiry? or is it immediately issued once the 1-month vignette is issued?

2. Do we have to stay for 10days in the UK to collect the vignette?

3. I'm currently working in India and I haven't resigned as I'm unsure of the visa timelines. I have a 30 day notice period at work. Once i get the visa, then, can I travel for 10days to the UK to collect my BRP and come back to India to resign?
I found out from work that we are not permitted to take extended leaves during the notice period. I thought of resigning once I know the status of the visa but, with this said rule I don't think I'll get permission to take 10 days of leave to travel. What is the best thing to do? please advice.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:44 am

Hi again rubaarya,
rubaarya wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:20 am
1. Do we get the BRP after the 1-month vignette's expiry? or is it immediately issued once the 1-month vignette is issued?
The vignette is valid for 30 days and within those 30 days, you must travel to the UK and collect your BRP. In the approval letter is stated that your vignette must be valid at the time you collect it. Home Office will tell you when the BRP will be issued and when you can go and collect it.

rubaarya wrote:
2. Do we have to stay for 10days in the UK to collect the vignette?
To answer your question, I will copy here what my letter says:

You must collect your BRP from the following collection point before your vignette expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK, whichever is the later. If you fail to do so, you may be subject to a financial penalty or a reduction or cancellation of your leave.

Plus, the approval letter will tell you when your BRP will be available for collection., so you would't have to be in the UK for 10 days and wait for it.

rubaarya wrote:
I'm currently working in India and I haven't resigned as I'm unsure of the visa timelines.
For priority applications, it's between 6-8 weeks. For standard, up to 12 weeks.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:54 am

Thank you so much Jaune08 :) Since the HO would mention when the BRP would be ready, I think i can plan my trip accordingly. But, is it okay to come back after collection? because I'll have to serve 30 days of notice or would coming back immediately raise some sort of a red flag?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:08 am

rubaarya wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:54 am
Thank you so much Jaune08 :) Since the HO would mention when the BRP would be ready, I think i can plan my trip accordingly. But, is it okay to come back after collection? because I'll have to serve 30 days of notice or would coming back immediately raise some sort of a red flag?
Yes you are free to travel once you have collected the brp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a concern, i've been following the timeline thread and noticed that successful applications have got an email from UKVI that " a decision has been made". my husband called up the contact center yesterday just to follow up on the status as it was 25th working day, and he was informed that the decision has been made. But i haven't received any email from UKVI so far on it, and now I got a text and email directly from vfs for passport collection and no email from UKVI regarding the decision being made. What does this mean? :(

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:10 pm

rubaarya wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm
Hi Everyone

I have a concern, i've been following the timeline thread and noticed that successful applications have got an email from UKVI that " a decision has been made". my husband called up the contact center yesterday just to follow up on the status as it was 25th working day, and he was informed that the decision has been made. But i haven't received any email from UKVI so far on it, and now I got a text and email directly from vfs for passport collection and no email from UKVI regarding the decision being made. What does this mean? :(
Means you can go and do collection, simple. Some users are getting Email from HO but mostly VFS are contacting either via sms, call or email once the decision is made.
Regards,
__A

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:14 am

You're right Archer1 got the passport yesterday, visa granted! :D

Thank you each one of you for all your support all along the application. I wouldn't have had a successful application without the help of this forum. God bless you'll.

Here are the timelines:

Online Application: 11Aug2019(made through UK Access)
Scanning & Biometrics: 20Aug2019 & VFS Hyderabad
Text from VFSglobal: "The visa application for GWXxxx was forwarded to UKVI on 20August2019"
ECO Email: 10 September 2019
Paid Call to UKVI to know the status: 23 September 2019 (was informed that the decision was made)
Text & Email from vfs global: The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 24 September 2019
Passport received on: 25 September 2019

Decision was made in 23 working days. Passport received on 26th working day.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Hello Rubaarya,

Thank you for the advice!
My wife submitted the documents and provided the biometrics on 9th October at VFS New Delhi. We received the below confirmation today about passport collection.
We opted for the passport collection at VFS centre New Delhi, but the below email mentions the passport was received at the UK centre?

Thanks,
AJ

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - xxxx xxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/7/2019
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:37 pm

AJ100 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Hello Rubaarya,

Thank you for the advice!
My wife submitted the documents and provided the biometrics on 9th October at VFS New Delhi. We received the below confirmation today about passport collection.
We opted for the passport collection at VFS centre New Delhi, but the below email mentions the passport was received at the UK centre?

Thanks,
AJ

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - xxxx xxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/7/2019
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Your passport is ready to be collected at the VAC.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Many thanks TODMATT, much appreciated!