ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mfamily
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm
Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am
I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
I confirmed from my wife that they all are add on in the record of council tax but tax comes in the name of her father.
Under what grounds is he claiming a discount for Council tax >
Don't know exact but i know that his son was with them(who is working) that time they have to pay full council tax now he has seperated and now they are again getting discount i think it's because non of them in their family working at this time. Or he or his wife disabled.

Could these things effect my spouse visa application?

Thanks Casa I'll appreciate if you help me on this matter

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Casa wrote:
Mfamily wrote:
Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am
I will only add that if your father is claiming Council tax discount as a single person occupant of the property, this would be considered as benefit fraud, which is a criminal offence.
I confirmed from my wife that they all are add on in the record of council tax but tax comes in the name of her father.
Don't know exact but i know that his son was with them(who is working) that time they have to pay full council tax now he has seperated and now they are again getting discount i think it's because non of them in their family working at this time. Or he or his wife disabled.

Want to add one more thing that the council bill comes in the name of her (my wife)father and mother both

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Casa wrote:
Mfamily wrote:

Want to add one more thing that the council bill comes in the name of her (my wife)father and mother both
Waiting for your expert opinion Casa or Seagul

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 am

Assuming the council tax benefit is being claimed legally, there will be no impact on your visa application. A council tax bill/statement is an optional piece of evidence to help support ownership/occupation of the residence. It's irrelevant who's names are on the council tax bill and entirely unnecessary to include if your wife's name isn't even on it. You've been told what requirements you need to meet and your options for providing evidence of meeting the requirements, you need to decide what to include based on your circumstances.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:44 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 am
Assuming the council tax benefit is being claimed legally, there will be no impact on your visa application. A council tax bill/statement is an optional piece of evidence to help support ownership/occupation of the residence. It's irrelevant who's names are on the council tax bill and entirely unnecessary to include if your wife's name isn't even on it. You've been told what requirements you need to meet and your options for providing evidence of meeting the requirements, you need to decide what to include based on your circumstances.
Thanks geoeng. live long
Want to know if my wife scan all the supporting documents for my application in UK should these documents be original or i can send her coloured photocopies? If someone had experienced recently kindly guide me bcz someone is saying me the documents should be original and their coloured photocopies too in your hand at the vfs scanning centre

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am

All documents scanned should be original and you are generally advised to bring the documents with you to the biometric appointment. Unfortunately I don't know whether copies are also required when applying from Pakistan as the process differs from country to country.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 am

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am
All documents scanned should be original and you are generally advised to bring the documents with you to the biometric appointment. Unfortunately I don't know whether copies are also required when applying from Pakistan as the process differs from country to country.
Butt I'm applying through cash savings route i need to give paper of rent agreements as evidence of cash saving should i send these original evidence to UK too? And original statments too? We are planning to scan our documents from UK

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 am

I'm a little unclear on what you're doing. Your wife is attending an application centre in the UK to have the documents scanned and uploaded? If this is the case then she will require the original documents to have scanned, don't send copies to be scanned.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:34 am

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 am
I'm a little unclear on what you're doing. Your wife is attending an application centre in the UK to have the documents scanned and uploaded? If this is the case then she will require the original documents to have scanned, don't send copies to be scanned.
Yes she's going to scan the documents. Should i send her attested copies of rent agreements or original one?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:09 pm

I've answered that question twice already. If someone else is telling you differently, you are free to go with what they've said as I'm far from an expert, just saying what's in the rules/guidance.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:51 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:09 pm
I've answered that question twice already. If someone else is telling you differently, you are free to go with what they've said as I'm far from an expert, just saying what's in the rules/guidance.
Thanks geoeng I'll act according to your advise. For me you're expert thanks for helping me.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:35 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:51 pm
geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:09 pm
Thanks geoeng I'll act according to your advise. For me you're expert thanks for helping me.
Want to ask a question about savings in Pakistan

I have savings in my my Pakistani account about 52000 pound if i go to cash saving route can the immigration officer ask me about tax returns as evidence?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:32 am

If they want more evidence, they can ask for it. You do not have to provide such information initially with the application based on the guidance.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Thanks geoeng
Want to know about old passports should i scan All pages of my old 2 passports or just need stamped pages and visa pages for scanning? As i got 3 uk visit stamp and 2 Saudia visa stamp on my passports and 3 Dubai entry stamp and one Qatar entry stamp and one Bahrain entry stamp waiting for clarification

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:55 am

Mfamily wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 pm
Thanks geoeng
Want to know about old passports should i scan All pages of my old 2 passports or just need stamped pages and visa pages for scanning? As i got 3 uk visit stamp and 2 Saudia visa stamp on my passports and 3 Dubai entry stamp and one Qatar entry stamp and one Bahrain entry stamp waiting for clarification
From this page (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information), you only need to provide "copies of the photo page and any visa or entry stamps in your previous passports" so I would just scan the photo page and any other pages that aren't blank for each old passport.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:55 am
Mfamily wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 pm
Thanks geoeng
From this page (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information), you only need to provide "copies of the photo page and any visa or entry stamps in your previous passports" so I would just scan the photo page and any other pages that aren't blank for each old passport.
If the original documents required for scanning then should i send my previous original passports to my wife for scanning stamp and visas pages to UK?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:22 am

Mfamily wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 pm
If the original documents required for scanning then should i send my previous original passports to my wife for scanning stamp and visas pages to UK?
Yes, that's what I would do.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm

I want to ask that my marriage certificate and rent agreements are bigger than A4 size paper if I'll do them on A4 size then they'll not be original and originals are required for Scanning so what's better thing to do

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm
I want to ask that my marriage certificate and rent agreements are bigger than A4 size paper if I'll do them on A4 size then they'll not be original and originals are required for Scanning so what's better thing to do
I would provide the originals for scanning. Paper size is rather non-standard across the globe and I'd expect they can accommodate that wherever you're going for scanning. Many of my documents were not A4 size and I've never had issues as document size can be reformatted during the scanning process if necessary.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm
I want to ask that my marriage certificate and rent agreements are bigger than A4 size paper if I'll do them on A4 size
That should be fine.
then they'll not be original and originals are required for Scanning
Not so.

39B (d) of the immigration rules states
Specified documents may be originals or copies.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 am

Korekt wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:54 pm
39B (d) [/url] of the immigration rules states
The same rule also states "if the Entry Clearance Officer or Secretary of State has reasonable cause to doubt the genuineness of any document submitted by an applicant which is, or which purports to be, a specified document under these Rules, and having taken reasonable steps to verify the document is unable to verify that it is genuine, the document will be discounted for the purposes of this application." And the guidance document for Appendix FM Section 1.7 Financial Requirements states "any documentary evidence must be the original (not a copy) unless indicated otherwise in Appendix FM-SE."

Whilst copies are allowed per the Immigration Rules, if the person assessing the document has any doubt as to its genuineness, they are just going to ask for the original anyway. Providing copies instead of originals if you have the original just increases the chance your application will take longer to process, or that it could be refused if HO "tries" but is unable to verify the document.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:37 pm

geoeng wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 am
Korekt wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:54 pm
39B (d) [/url] of the immigration rules states
And the guidance document for Appendix FM Section 1.7 Financial Requirements states "any documentary evidence must be the original (not a copy) unless indicated otherwise in Appendix FM-SE."
The Rules trumps that guidance (or any IDIs) to the extent of any inconsistency with the Rules.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:37 am

Korekt wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:37 pm
The Rules trumps that guidance (or any IDIs) to the extent of any inconsistency with the Rules.
The guidance is entirely consistent with the rules in this regard and I don't disagree with what you're saying. The rules give ECOs a wide latitude in their ability to request additional information and conduct verification checks. Providing copies when you have the originals is like paying with pennies, you may be entirely within the rules to do it but it just slows the whole transaction down.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 am

geoeng wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:37 am
Korekt wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:37 pm
The guidance is entirely consistent with the rules in this regard and I don't disagree with what you're saying. The rules give ECOs a wide latitude in their ability to request additional information and conduct verification checks. Providing copies when you have the originals is like paying with pennies, you may be entirely within the rules to do it but it just slows the whole transaction down.
Thanks geoeng and korect
If i use option 4 for documents submission then it's written in their website that

All pages should be in A4 Size Only.
Do NOT post original documents, only visible coloured photocopies of the originals must to be posted.

I think in this situation i need to send them photocopies and they will scan for me photocopies and send me all my documents photocopies back to me. In this situation they will scan photocopies of original documents and if my wife go for scanning then why she needs original for scanning

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 am

Mfamily wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 am
I think in this situation i need to send them photocopies and they will scan for me photocopies and send me all my documents photocopies back to me. In this situation they will scan photocopies of original documents and if my wife go for scanning then why she needs original for scanning
Follow whatever instructions VFS Global has, clearly in this case they want to scan copies. As has been noted, copies are acceptable as per the rules. If the Entry Clearance Officer has any doubts about a document, they have to try and verify it and will ask for the original if necessary.