ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) application questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) application questions

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:40 pm
last question Seagul, I am completing the application fee payment,
Where I will need to put Cover Letter?
Or will I need to type it and then scan and attach with other supporting paperwork?
Usually every application form has a section where you can give additional information. You can even type your covering letter in it. But still if you wish then can type and then add it along with other supporting documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:18 am

A cover letter isn't a required document for FLR(M) applications. That said, I typed up a short one trying to provide a clearer explanation on some circumstances that may have come off as confusing and uploaded it on the UKVCAS site with the other supporting documents. Whether it was read or had an impact, I have no idea.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:22 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:18 am
A cover letter isn't a required document for FLR(M) applications. That said, I typed up a short one trying to provide a clearer explanation on some circumstances that may have come off as confusing and uploaded it on the UKVCAS site with the other supporting documents. Whether it was read or had an impact, I have no idea.
In my view covering letter is a good idea especially where your immigration history/status wasn't very clear like in op's situation where he got various visas under EU route then PR then settlement under eu settlmenent scheme. Few members who got their settlement under EU settlement scheme got issues where caseworker couldn't be able to confirm that whether are they a settled person. Therefore, covering letter is a good idea which perhaps will be more better if be typed inside the additional info section of the application form since the paper application has been cut off. Also a covering letter reduce the possibility of your documents being overlooked leading towards refusal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:26 am

Thank you Seagul and Geoeng,

It seems as there is No section for additional information, as I have just checked different sections of application again before making a payment. I remember when we were originally applying I could add more information at the end though.
I will need a cover letter as I will need to explain two points in regards to my immigration history and parental responsibility for a child from my previous marriage. Hopefully they will not overlook my Cover Letter in supporting documents.

Albert Einstein

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:34 am

If that section has been taken away then simply attach a covering letter along with other supporting documents which in your case will be very helpful.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks will do that Seagul!

If anyone have an experience with biometrics centres, should I go for the core centre in Croydon or the nearest library in my area will be the same?
Can anyone shed some light at differences between core and enhanced?

Albert Einstein

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:36 pm

The enhanced and premium centres offer additional services that you have to pay for like interpretation services, premium appointments and lounges, etc. If you are uploading all documents yourself, are just using the standard service and aren't looking for any additional services beyond just getting your biometrics captured, go to any of the locations. There's usually a shortage of the free appointment spaces anyway and wait times can be long, so pick whatever and wherever is most convenient for you. If you're going for the super-premium service then I believe you have to attend on of the premium service locations.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Thanks Geoeng and Seagul,
I have written the cover letter and going to scan and attach with other supporting documentation.
As I try to scan and upload our docs ourselves, I will try to secure appointment in one of the nearest libraries if it is just solely to provide fingerprints and take a picture of my wife (applicant).

One of the requirements by HO is to sign three parts consent forms:
- one by applicant (my wife)
- one by spouse (myself)
- one by financial sponsor - Consent for the Home office to verify information from third party sponsor

Should I sign the third consent (for financial sponsor) form or should I leave it blank?

Albert Einstein

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:26 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Should I sign the third consent (for financial sponsor) form or should I leave it blank?
Since you cant use third party financial sponsorship so i think it should be left blank but still need to be attached even blanked.

SarahSaha
Newly Registered

Post by SarahSaha » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello,
I have just completed my husbands FLR(M). It is the first extension. For the question Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner(including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?, I have put NO. Thinking it's not the first time to apply for the family route. Going by this thread I have done it wrong, how much of a problem will this be?
At the appointment do we need to take a printed copy of the application with us?
Thanks

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:49 pm

SarahSaha, I am not sure what complications it can potentially create, maybe moderators will be able to help with that.
In regards to take application or not, I believe you better take your supporting documents with you if they would like to see anything in original.
May I ask if you are going to core centre or enhanced (local library) centre for biometrics?

Albert Einstein

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:26 pm
Artur111 wrote:

Since you cant use third party financial sponsorship so i think it should be left blank but still need to be attached even blanked.
Thank you Seagul,
Do you mind me asking you a couple of last questions (I hope)?
1) do I need to scan every single page of my passport and upload it with my wife’s application? Even blank pages?
2) in regards to bank statements, do you think I can use online statements (as some internet bankings allow you to download your statements in .pdf and ready for upload) or I have to scan originals that came through post?
3) my wife has received new passport in July. Do we need to scan her passport’s every page as well? Should we provide the scanned pages from old passport as well (we got scanned pages of those)?

Many thanks Seagul for your help!

Albert Einstein

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:52 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:26 pm
Artur111 wrote:

Thank you Seagul,
Do you mind me asking you a couple of last questions (I hope)?
1) do I need to scan every single page of my passport and upload it with my wife’s application? Even blank pages?
2) in regards to bank statements, do you think I can use online statements (as some internet bankings allow you to download your statements in .pdf and ready for upload) or I have to scan originals that came through post?
3) my wife has received new passport in July. Do we need to scan her passport’s every page as well? Should we provide the scanned pages from old passport as well (we got scanned pages of those)?

Many thanks Seagul for your help!

1. Usually for British passport the bio page is enough but for none-British passport preferably every page even blank should be scanned.

2. If online bank statements are not marked as online then postal bank statements preferably should be scanned otherwise pdf should be fine.

3. Preferably yes although have no personal experience.

SarahSaha
Newly Registered

Post by SarahSaha » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:48 am

We are going to Croydon Core centre but are still having to pay 100 GBP for the appointment. I searched almost every centre in the country and there is quite a long wait for a free appointment.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:59 am

Artur111 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 pm
2) Agreed scanning postal statements is preferred if you have them. Requirement is for original bank statements on letterhead and many banks now provide these as online files to download as you have noted. When I applied I submitted the online statements as they were already PDF files and were the exact same as postal statements, but I ordered postal statements as well just in case they were requested, and I had no issues.

3) If you have them already there's no harm in uploading all pages just in case (I did). I believe scans of all passport pages are required for entry clearance visas, so they would have that information already, and they would probably be able to track any travel since then, so it's not noted as a requirement for FLR(M).

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Thank you Geoeng,
1) I do have original bank statements, except for two months, so for those ones I am going to use online ones. The rest of them I scanned individually. If you do not mind me asking, did you scan all your bank statements (as an example) as a single file or each statement was uploaded separately?
2) I have scanned both passports (quite large files), but do not want to confuse a caseworker, so I might need to add a couple of lines in the cover letter then.
3) Do you know what is a max file size than can be uploaded?

Kind regards,

Albert Einstein

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Wherever possible I tried to keep everything in a single file or broke it into the smallest number of parts possible, but I don't think you have to do this if you name the files so it's easy to follow. I just thought it would be harder to miss or forget something this way, but an argument could easily be made that individual files are easier to follow. Just logged in to the UKVCAS website to check and the maximum file size allowed is 6MB (anything over that will be rejected). They advise scanning at a lower resolution or in black and white if you are having difficulty meeting that file limit, or break the file into smaller chunks.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:36 pm

Geoeng thanks a lot for your helpful answers.

Have you received your BRP already? when you submitted?

Albert Einstein

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:11 am

Artur111 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:36 pm
Geoeng thanks a lot for your helpful answers.

Have you received your BRP already? when you submitted?
I applied on 21 July, went for biometric appointment on 9 August, received a letter saying visa was granted dated 13 September, and received my BRP a couple days ago.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Oh well done! Congratulations! :)

I am uploading documents at the moment to the website and I have noticed a requirement “Evidence of where Mr xxxxx other parent lives - such as utility bills”.
This evidence requires provide utility bills for myself (as other parent of xxx is myself). The question is, it does not say for what period utility bills are have to be provided. I have scanned utility bills covering last 6 months. But not sure if any loner period is required since it is not specified.

If anyone can shed some light into this question, it would be great.

Albert Einstein

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Dear forum members,

Thank you for all your help with my wife’s application for FLR (M),
It was submitted on the 25th of Sep and she attended biometric appointment on the 5th of October in Croydon, London.
Since then we have not heard anything from HO, not a single email or phone call. Is it usual? Shouldn’t have we received some sort of communication?

Albert Einstein

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Artur111 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:28 pm
Shouldn’t have we received some sort of communication?
No, unfortunately after you apply you won't receive any communication until you get a decision or if they require additional evidence. It's a stressful wait but waiting is all you can do. Usually about 8 weeks from the date of application for applying within the UK. The FLR(M) timeline thread on this forum can be a rough judge of when you can expect a response.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:01 am

You were right geoeng,
We received a letter last week confirming that my wife had been granted 30 months extension of her spouse visa. The letter was issued precisely 8 weeks from the date we submitted FLR (M) application online. We are so happy!
Thank you geoeng and seagul and other forum members for your help and advices!
If anyone got a question that I can help with please post it here.

Albert Einstein