ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What options available ??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tek75
- thin ice -

What options available ??

Post by Tek75 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi
What options are available for a British citizen to marry or get into civil partnership with a non eu national who is visiting UK for medical training on a short visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: What options available ??

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Tek75 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:13 pm
Hi
What options are available for a British citizen to marry or get into civil partnership with a non eu national who is visiting UK for medical training on a short visa?
You have a visitor visa or a visa for 6 months or less
You’ll usually need to leave the UK to apply for a family visa if either:

you have permission to be in the UK as a visitor
your visa is for 6 months or less
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 am

Tek75 wrote:
Hi
You will have to clarify what type of visa the non-eu national is currently on as it will affect the answer.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:55 am

geoeng wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 am
Tek75 wrote:
Hi
You will have to clarify what type of visa the non-eu national is currently on as it will affect the answer.
The 'short visa' would be one of the visitor visa categories or a short term study visa. If the person is doing PLAB or OSCE, it is definitely a visitor visa.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:

Family Visitor visa
General Visitor visa
Child Visitor visa
Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
Sports Visitor visa
Entertainer Visitor visa
Prospective Entrepreneur visa
Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa
What you can and cannot do
You can:

do a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course
do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad

You cannot:

study at a state-funded school
work (including on a work placement or work experience) or carry out any business
extend this visa
bring family members (‘dependants’) with you - they must apply separately
get public funds
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:55 am
The 'short visa' would be one of the visitor visa categories or a short term study visa. If the person is doing PLAB or OSCE, it is definitely a visitor visa.
Fair. Also thought it could potentially be the Tier 5 Medical Training Initiative scheme, which is for 2 years, but a visitor visa certainly seems more likely.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:11 am

geoeng wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:55 am
Fair. Also thought it could potentially be the Tier 5 Medical Training Initiative scheme, which is for 2 years, but a visitor visa certainly seems more likely.
Known as the Tier 5 GAE visa, which requires a sponsor. A two year visa is not a 'short term' visa. Short term is specifically a visa 6 months long or up to 11 months and medical wise would likely be for PLAB.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.