ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any dependent on financial support

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaf1
Pakistan

Re: Any dependent on financial support

Post by zaf1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Thanks, Seagul. I will raise it with my Solicitor again next week and see what we get to.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:43 pm
But for visa purposes in paye employment UKVI only considers that amount which is before any kind of deductions.
Not really.

I'm aware of a case where the applicant meets the financial requirements using their gross income but HO deemed them not to have met it. HO deducted their pension contributions from their (HO's) own calculations. They used the taxable pay.

The Rules uses "gross", HO's IDIs do too. However in practice, they use taxable. Some consider this quite deceptive.
The clarification I referred to may well be in court by way of a challenge.

I generally advise people to calculate using their taxable pay which may be the same as their gross pay depending on whether there are other deductions such as pension contributions.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am

Thanks. Yes after discussing with solicitor again she persisted that we should cite after pension deductions as that would amount to taxable pay in your case. Plus she said it wont affect your case as pay in both cases higher than required better not overestimate.

Fingers crossed.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 am

Korekt wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 am
HO deducted their pension contributions from their (HO's) own calculations. They used the taxable pay.
Maybe you haven't read the previous replies. Anyway again, there are several types of pensions schemes depending on workplace. In op's situation he is getting tax relief because the type of pension scheme he is enrolled to allows that which doesn't necessarily means that others are also under that scheme. As mentioned previously the reason there is not much clarification in the official guidance is that because not everyone participate in employer's pension scheme rather they can have pension scheme privately at elsewhere.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks all for the help.

Done online priority application last week 12/09/2019, submitted all docs 18/09/2019 and bio metrics today 19/09/2019.

Got color passport copies, employment letters, wedding photos and BRP. Rest of the docs are in black n white. Submitted all docs as I did before with renewed letter of current employment along with pension discrepancy explanation letter, additional payslips & bank statement and renewed letter from landlord.

Solicitor did the cover letter and also suggested to add appendix 2 and SU07 form along with council tax and water bill (not necessary though).

Solicitor gave me a receipt of vfs upload with 75 pounds, application number and all details.

I want to know now that I have done it all. Is there anyway, I can confirm from home office whether they have received everything ? If I send a paid email would they be able to tell that all mandatory/supporting docs are submitted correctly? Because I do not want to pay for email or call for which I am bound to get a generic response...?

Please advise ?

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:29 pm

SU07 form
You should not have done this form. It is NOT for spouse visas and can create problems. It is ONLY for Adult Dependent Relative visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks CR001. Yes, I think it was not necessary!

I did not in my last application but solicitor said we normally do this as well just in case.

I hope it wont be an issue as I submitted my tenancy contract (2 bed flat), letter from letting agent & council tax letter ( single person discount) to show I meet accommodating requirements.

I followed what solicitor said although did questioned her where I felt appropriate. She also attached last refusal letter and the checklist where my wife and vfs staff signed after ticking all boxes.

I really do not want to get into any issue with this application now :oops:

Fingers crossed!

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:21 pm

CR001 could please comment on viable method to confirm from home office all docs/application is received completely ? ?

Email/call any good ?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:21 pm
CR001 could please comment on viable method to confirm from home office all docs/application is received completely ? ?

Email/call any good ?

Thanks.
They wont confirm it. Only way is self prepared checklist along with a signed covering letter which should be attached along with other documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Thanks, yes checklist is prepared by solicitor and covering representation signed.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:37 am

Hello All again,
More questions as always.
My spouse online application submitted on 12 Sept 2019
Supporting docs uploaded at vfs Manchester by Solicitor on 18 Sept 2019 (with 75 pound and receipt issued)
My wife did only Bio-metrics in Lahore Pakistan 19 Sept 2019 (no docs scanned here)

In her biometrics appointment they asked her which mobile no. she wants to receive text for her application update (about passport been ready for collection). She gave her number but so far did not receive any text that application is forwarded to UKVI for consideration. Last time she did receive this text straight away after biometrics. But perhaps she did all docs scanning in Lahore Pakistan as well may be thats why???

Solicitor said it is not unusual and we should expect an email from home office to acknowledge the receipt of application in next few weeks.

I just want to check if that is Ok ??? just been super nervous this time :oops:

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 am

It’s not unusual. It’s just system error. It happens to a lot of applicants. So don’t be nervous.
Bizman

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:55 am

Thanks Bizman.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:44 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:37 am

In her biometrics appointment they asked her which mobile no. she wants to receive text for her application update (about passport been ready for collection). She gave her number but so far did not receive any text that application is forwarded to UKVI for consideration. Last time she did receive this text straight away after biometrics. But perhaps she did all docs scanning in Lahore Pakistan as well may be thats why???
There is a separate charge for it. If you havent paid then you wont receive any text via mobile number.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Possibly but it was stated SMS is free. Nor they asked for any additional charge for it. Only pay for uploading the docs if you have to which we did not as we paid 75£ for uploading in Manchester vfs instead!

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:18 am

Hello again,
I applied online on 12th Sept 2019, document scanned on 18 Sept 2019 (vfs Manchester via solicitor) and biometrics done on 19 Sept 2019.

So, far I nor my solicitor has received any ECO confirmation email from home office. Nor my spouse got any sms/text message that her application is forwarded to UKVI. For previous application done on 12th June I got a confirmation email for consideration on 27th June 2019.

We have passport receipt which we would show when go for collection as evidence of biometric submission and a receipt from vfs Manchester for documents upload along with online application submission and Nhs confirmation email ofcourse.

I am now worried why home office has not contacted us yet. Is there anyway I can call and ask or is it futile as always?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:15 am

This does not mean anything is wrong. If you check some threads on timelines lots of people don't get contacted and still get their visa.
Maybe for your peace of mind you can reach the contact centre.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks. May be I wait a few more weeks before I contact the contact center.

As most of the time they are not helpful at all. But once 6 weeks are nearer I can contact them in case they ask me to wait for official decision time of 6 weeks.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:07 am

Online Application submitted (Priority) : 12/09/2019
Biometric: 19/09/2019
Documents Upload vfs Manchester: 18/09/2019
Eco email received: 07/10/2019
Decision: Email/call to collect passport 23/10/2019

Collection: 24/10/2019 Approved :lol: :lol: :o

Question 1) My wife TB test has expired on 12 Oct 2019. Does she need to renew? Solicitor advised to do another one in order to avoid travel delays?

Question 2) I am hoping to writing a complaint and ask for a refund on my earlier application. It was clearly not my fault. As I uploaded everything. I have a copy of checklist signed and copy of services bought for money which included scanning assistance and yet UKVI could not find my salary slips :oops: It was so unfair I had to reapply and hire a solicitor which cost me too much money as appeal process would have taken much longer. Any chances of success in refund as clearly it was UKVI or their partner vfs fault and if applicant follow their procedure properly should not be penalized....Applicant must not be penalized for problem in scanning if they paid external partners to ensure that and handed all documents properly. Its simply unfair and unjustified...

Lastly, I am very grateful to all you people for very insightful advise/suggestions. Stay bless.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:38 am

zaf1 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:07 am

Question 1) My wife TB test has expired on 12 Oct 2019. Does she need to renew? Solicitor advised to do another one in order to avoid travel delays?

You don't need any TB test anymore.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:05 pm

You don’t need to do the TB test again but tell her to hold the expired one in case it is requested at the point of entry
Bizman

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:07 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:46 pm
Possibly but it was stated SMS is free. Nor they asked for any additional charge for it. Only pay for uploading the docs if you have to which we did not as we paid 75£ for uploading in Manchester vfs instead!
Hi,
This is rather hit & miss it seems.
Also, whilst trawling through this forum, it seems that those whom use the Scanning Facility by VFS seem to get the email/sms pretty much immediately (sometimes even on the same day) & those that use self-scanning seem to be the one's who don't receive it or receive it late.
Anyway, good luck with your application.
Thanks.

N_a

Post by N_a » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:18 am
Hello again,
I applied online on 12th Sept 2019, document scanned on 18 Sept 2019 (vfs Manchester via solicitor) and biometrics done on 19 Sept 2019.

So, far I nor my solicitor has received any ECO confirmation email from home office. Nor my spouse got any sms/text message that her application is forwarded to UKVI. For previous application done on 12th June I got a confirmation email for consideration on 27th June 2019.

We have passport receipt which we would show when go for collection as evidence of biometric submission and a receipt from vfs Manchester for documents upload along with online application submission and Nhs confirmation email ofcourse.

I am now worried why home office has not contacted us yet. Is there anyway I can call and ask or is it futile as always?
Hi, when my husband submitted his biometric only then he received a text, after that we did not receive anything at all, nor was anyone (employers, myself, husband) contacted. Then after 20 working days we got message &email to pick passport up. Its normail dont worry, even i was stressing at the time.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Hello All,
This is to inform for general public interest that I received an email from SITEL home office partner that my earlier visa application fees will be refunded :P within 28 days.

As you can read my case, this happened after my wife 2nd visa attempt was successful and after she arrive here I sent an email to complain box of home office.
Previous visa was refused for not submitting pay slips which were submitted and as a proof I sent the signed checklist attached with complain email.

I think next week 20 working days will be completed and once I get a formal response from home office I may also request the solicitor fees to be refunded as it was none of my fault.

Do you think it would be appropriate or its taking the matter to the hilt ? To be honest I think it.....!

But anyone of you whose visa is turned down wrongly should not sit back and write a good email with evidence home office will be bound to pay heed :P

I would like to thanks all of you for the help :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:16 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:13 pm
Hello All,
This is to inform for general public interest that I received an email from SITEL home office partner that my earlier visa application fees will be refunded :P within 28 days.

As you can read my case, this happened after my wife 2nd visa attempt was successful and after she arrive here I sent an email to complain box of home office.
Previous visa was refused for not submitting pay slips which were submitted and as a proof I sent the signed checklist attached with complain email.

I think next week 20 working days will be completed and once I get a formal response from home office I may also request the solicitor fees to be refunded as it was none of my fault.

Do you think it would be appropriate or its taking the matter to the hilt ? To be honest I think it.....!

But anyone of you whose visa is turned down wrongly should not sit back and write a good email with evidence home office will be bound to pay heed :P

I would like to thanks all of you for the help :D
Excellent action. Once the refund credited into account then do let us know as well.