ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Finance from 2 different Banks

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

makingway
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Proof of Finance from 2 different Banks

Post by makingway » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm

Hello All, I have a question regarding proof of finance. I am getting ready to apply for a settlement visa for my husband. However, I recently changed the bank account my salary is paid into every month from work to another bank in July 2019. as such, I will have to present proof of monthly earnings from two different bank statements. is that ok or do I need to include a cover letter to explain my situation.

Thank you in advance.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Proof of Finance from 2 different Banks

Post by geoeng » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Providing an explanation in a cover letter can't hurt but you shouldn't have any issues if you are providing statements from 2 different banks as long as the documents used as evidence meet the requirements for each bank.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Bims4real
Newly Registered

Post by Bims4real » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:11 pm

That is fine, we did the same recently and we just uploaded the letter from the new bank confirming we switched to them together with the statements, just in case they had doubts.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:23 pm

makingway wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm
Hello All, I have a question regarding proof of finance. I am getting ready to apply for a settlement visa for my husband. However, I recently changed the bank account my salary is paid into every month from work to another bank in July 2019. as such, I will have to present proof of monthly earnings from two different bank statements. is that ok or do I need to include a cover letter to explain my situation.

Thank you in advance.
Usually the frequency of statement varies from one bank to another and you should be very careful especially when attaching the bank statements which should at least covers the previous 6 months not even 1 day shorter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.