ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitating: foreign sources

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Cohabitating: foreign sources

Post by waleed205 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:54 pm

It is possible to count foreign sourced evidence for cohabitating in UK address?

For example, Australian Tax Notice sent to our UK address? Or Australian bank statements sent to us in UK with UK address on them?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Cohabitating: foreign sources

Post by geoeng » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:12 pm

You will be advised to keep all of your questions in one thread for the sake of continuity.

Assuming this is for FLR(M). It is not explicit in the rules (that I can find) that the co-habitation evidence must be from UK sources. However, I would recommend only using UK sources of evidence. As part of the application you and your spouse will be asked to sign a declaration authorising the Home Office to verify the personal information supplied (e.g. bank statements, utility bills, etc.). Foreign sources could conceivably refuse to comply with any inquiries made by the Home Office as it may not be done in accordance with local laws and therefore the documentation would not be verified and the application could be refused. Others may have a different experience/opinion though. The list of potential evidence you could supply from UK sources is rather long and the expectation for this type of visa is maintaining permanent residence and setting up life in the UK, which foreign sources of evidence would not support.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cohabitating: foreign sources

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:33 pm

I suggest read the forum rules on multiple topics!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.